Diablo® III

Echoing Fury the Best melee 1hander

Anyone looking for a nice boost in damage needs to check these out!

The secret here is that the additional '0.20 - 0.25 attacks per second' applies to BOTH weapons!

This means that if your offhand is a fist weapon at 1.40 attacks per second, it will improve to 1.6x just by equipping an Echoing Fury. (14%-18% increase in offhand damage, plus other speed benefits)

If its a mace/spear at 1.20aps = 17%-21% increase

This mace in my profile was a 7k dps increase over any other upgrades I could find at an equivalent price on the current market. (researched in the last hour)
Reply Quote
Thought I'd add a bit more info since I've gotten a couple questions:

The fear tends to make mobs stay in place or run a short distance and also works on elites which turns out to be a good thing for survival and does not hurt dps.

My unbuffed dps + enchantress 3% = 73k
Cost of weapons ~60m.
Reply Quote
Bump to spread the news
Reply Quote
Yes it does add a very nice speed. Mine is as fast as a dagger, the only drawback of this mace is the fear proc which sometimes can be a really good thing but for a melee character it can be very very bad running around all a map trying to kill a feared elite. And has it happened to us in Act 4 we got aggro from 3 elites at the same time, cause of that.

Other than that its a beast of a mace and if you can learn how to fear mobs (sometimes it won't work) against a wall you have an easy kill, since they proc so often the mob can be feared constantly.
Reply Quote
Doh sounds unlucky, I haven't had things feared more than a few steps away except for one fast soul ripper but he came back as fast he ran too heh. Overall I like the fear, I run with no loh now and doing great.

The damage boost from the mace is just so big you can have a cheap offhand work like something worth much much more. (as evidenced in my profile)
Edited by Amedon#1184 on 8/26/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I gotta say that I was skeptical at first to drop millions of gold on this because of the fear attribute. But after using this for a few days in ACT III & IV Inferno I've learned to love this mace. The proc rate on the fear at least for me 17.9% + 1.7% on OH weap. So that makes the proc rate occur on every mob that takes more than 4-5 hits to kill on average, but sometimes first hit which is great. I'm sitting right around 45-50k unbuffed DPS currently with this weapon and I couldn't think of a better way to get a larger damage avoidance in a weapon than to use this weapon.

With elite, champ packs, or hulking phasebeasts w/e, really anything that hits relatively hard, the fear is really nice. The mobs don't run out of the screen into other mob packs, I haven't discovered yet (at least my experience), it literally just turns them and puts them out of dealing damage onto my monk temporarily which is great... And using FoT - Thunderclap, any fears are easy to keep up with, so you don't stop constant damage.

As noted by others the +Attacks per second was also a deciding factor in buying this. It was the largest DPS upgrade calculated for the gold spent.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
My calculator says that thing is junk.

dps as DW Bonus cc cd edps
1070.5 1.44 1.656 0.35 100 63116.68
800 1.4 1.61 0.35 140 63912

Even if you double the bonus to account for 2 weapons:
1070.5 1.68 1.932 0.35 100 73457.71
800 1.4 1.61 0.35 160 72928

You are still looking at a 3-4 million weapon that replaces that.

Now if you love the fear - which I can categorically say is an issue for melee - then by all means use it. But the idea that this thing is worth 50m is insane.
Reply Quote
My calculator says that thing is junk.

1070.5 1.44 1.656 0.35 100 63116.68
800 1.4 1.61 0.35 140 63912

Even if you double the bonus to account for 2 weapons:
1070.5 1.68 1.932 0.35 100 73457.71
800 1.4 1.61 0.35 160 72928

You are still looking at a 3-4 million weapon that replaces that.

Now if you love the fear - which I can categorically say is an issue for melee - then by all means use it. But the idea that this thing is worth 50m is insane.

I paid 20m for mine and it was a 7k dps upgrade also over a (3-4m gold) 1k dps 1h mace w/145dex + 75crit high low 550/high 1050 Damage stats. And I lost 30+CD by using the Echoing Fury. Still was a huge DPS increase that I couldn't find on any other rare for 20m.

What calculator are you using? theasiangamer?

This weapon has the ability if attributes are right, to dominate over similar priced rares, even daggers, swords etc. I guess if you don't like fear this weapon isn't for you. But less damage taken is usually good right?
Reply Quote
In my gear this mace gave me 3 or 4k (can't remember which at the time) more dps than anything similar priced. It boosts the offhand so much that I can buy cheap ones and hit a better price point than trying to a different set of weapons.

I bought mine with a socket also, and couldn't afford one with crit damage and a socket, but one day!
Reply Quote
The fear also (and I have a bunch of hours experience with it) is almost never anything but a help.

I use no loh (except 89 on pants) and no lifesteal.
Reply Quote
@OP I have to thank you for mentioning the amazing property of this weapon. Now that I've bought one, I don't mind chiming in about it. I was afraid the price would shoot up if everyone knew how good it was.

The weapon that I replaced was an 890 dps axe, 155 dex, 86 CD, open socket. The damage I gained from my echoing fury was ~14k DPS. To reach a similar gain with a rare weapon, it would need: 1.1k DPS, 150 dex, 95 CD, open socket.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the rare weapon I described would cost at least two-fold of what I paid for the echoing fury.
Edited by Furiex#1939 on 8/30/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I picked mine up for 40m after reading this thread a few days ago, and it increased my dps by a lot. I replaced a similar weapon to furiex (85x dps 16x dex, 87% cd, os) and went up more than 8k dps. Definitely one of the best weapons when dual wielding
Reply Quote
I just had a few more days of practice with mine and I gotta tell you that I love it more and more every day. Mine has .24 atk speed plus 6% ias putting the speed at 1.51 and now I paired with a sunkeeper and I gotta tell you I don't use LoH anymore (only from a ring I think) and the only upgrades I am looking for is vitality to improve my survibability.

One neat trick is to fear elites to a wall or corner and with the high proc rate of fear they hardly attack back. Molten is the bigget problem but not to much if I manage to find a wall. If not I'm in for a longer than normal fight.
Reply Quote
Looking at your char sheet it seems that the attack addition is being front-loaded before your DW bonus. That must be why that + attacks is stacking higher than the formula shows.

I would love to mouse over that sucker to see what it would do to my MH...
Reply Quote
You can check what a weapon would change in your stats at d3up.com it's a dps calculator online pretty easy to setup.
Reply Quote
Yup, this weapon and Won Khim Lau make for a deadly set-up...
Reply Quote
Im thinking.......... maybe pair this up with a decent butcher's sickle? fear, then pull it back....... fear, then pull it back............ im not rich enuff to buy any legendaries atm :P
Reply Quote
Hey this is great everyone!

So glad I could help out, it really is amazing and the fear is helpful almost always. For a build like Furiex you won't even notice (FoT: Thunderclap the same) its awesome.

@seansky The fear is what people are most worried about, but from probably 25 hours experience its benefits outweigh the odd time a mob runs away.
Edited by Amedon#1184 on 8/30/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Forgot to add I've been working on getting a stream going so anyone curious can see it in action. However I seem to have a problem with Xsplit causing choppiness or screen lag and I haven't been able to find a fix. It may be good enough for viewing though and theres a couple recordings up @ http://www.twitch.tv/amedon of clearing Act 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]