Diablo® III

Leoric's Signet farming stories

From hour of farming fast Adria runn got about 16 magic rings and one legendary pants, seems its working.
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Eldirfar
How you guys can farm royal audience? I with 307 mf didnt get any rare item from there :(

I got a rare every 3-5 runs (so every 3-5 minutes)
One thing that made more loot appear to drop was letting the guards turn into snakes...I firmly believe the guard mobs have different levels and loot tables.

I'm not sure I mentioned it (can find a post saying). I stopped farming this..decided to level my DH, and the 1st zone I hit, dropped a goldskin, half way through...

This was my week..Sunday..Farming for Leorics. 100m+ here I come.
Friday: Made 300k selling crappy legendaries, but no ring. Just not worth it any more. I'm gonna level my alt....20 minutes later....WTF a legendary already? I only have 17% MF.....AH for 2.8M...well at least I got something...now I got 3.1mil lol!
Reply Quote
I don't see the point in Royal Audience palace-only speed runs. I did that for 30 minutes straight, all I got were !@#$ blues.

21 total hours: 7 legendaries, 12 rare rings, no LS… Today I think I'll try running The Ruins > Alcarnus > Maghda > Oasis. maybe I can get a cultist to drop the ring.
Reply Quote
I've run the Adria speed run for two days now, haven't found a single legendary and hardly ever see a rare.
Reply Quote
I don't see the point in Royal Audience palace-only speed runs. I did that for 30 minutes straight, all I got were !@#$ blues.

21 total hours: 7 legendaries, 12 rare rings, no LS… Today I think I'll try running The Ruins > Alcarnus > Maghda > Oasis. maybe I can get a cultist to drop the ring.
I'm not sure why it matters to you if you get anything other then the ring. Blues, rares, other legendary items in Normal are useless anyway. For the record I have found legendary items on Royal Audience and a few rares but again, totally irrelevant since I was only searching for the ring. If you really want to see more rares on the run the put on more MF I guess. I just don't see the point of finding them.
Edited by ChaosLeech#1406 on 9/4/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://tinypic.com/r/qxmk2o/6

Ive found 3x manalds, 1x balance, 1x [Boneshatter], 1x[The Crudest Boots], 1x [Vigilante Belt] tons of rares and magic items i don't pick up. i just think its Random as hell, i farm in between getting bored of getting Plevels , Ive heard outside of the snakes that Lacunis also can drop it but its all hearsay, probably the guy was trying to troll me.. i dont know. i havent given up but a ring does cut your time on grinding in half, only real reason to get one. going to keep farming until i get a 30%,
Reply Quote
Where are you farming Convic?
Reply Quote
http://tinypic.com/r/qxmk2o/6

Ive found 3x manalds, 1x balance, 1x [Boneshatter], 1x[The Crudest Boots], 1x [Vigilante Belt] tons of rares and magic items i don't pick up. i just think its Random as hell, i farm in between getting bored of getting Plevels , Ive heard outside of the snakes that Lacunis also can drop it but its all hearsay, probably the guy was trying to troll me.. i dont know. i havent given up but a ring does cut your time on grinding in half, only real reason to get one. going to keep farming until i get a 30%,

going to add [Scrimshaw] to the pile of garbage Ive gotten thus far, invested 5x 8 hour days of farming,

to answer your question as to what im farming,

Path to the Oasis/Dahlgur Oassis
The Forgotten Ruins
Sewers of Caldeum
Black Canyon Mines [Deserted cellar] (only if you get the tunnel of the rockworm)
the ruins level 1 & level 2
Ruined Cistern

--------------

For those who do not wish to read: these areas you want to avoid farming period.

Ancient Cave Level 1, Level 2 - Kept Getting req Level 18 rings and other items.
Desolate Sands + CotB/VoA - dont do them waste of time. Too many 18+ Rings Load.
Ancient Waterway system - Too many Manalds Fml.
Reply Quote
I stopped farming this..decided to level my DH, and the 1st zone I hit, dropped a goldskin... AH for 2.8M...well at least I got something...now I got 3.1mil lol!

Nice one! gj
I got kinda lucky today too. Up until today, I had 1 legendary drop every 3.5 hours. Then a legendary voodoo mask dropped on the palace steps. 5 min later, found legendary pants in Black Canyon Mines.
09/04/2012 12:58 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
I'm not sure why it matters to you if you get anything other then the ring. Blues, rares, other legendary items in Normal are useless anyway.

I suppose it doesn't... but if I'm going to be grinding for hours before I see a legendary, it's somewhat reassuring to at least have rares dropping consistently. Makes me feel like I'm on the right track, you know?
Now, regardless of how the drop % works, Elites drop way more items than white mobs; that's more chances to be upgraded to a legendary. And there's lvl 18 elite Noxious Guardians, Skeletal Rangers, and Stinging Swarms right there in the sewers just waiting to give us the goods! ... seems kinda silly not to even go down there.
Reply Quote
Ok, not yet, beeen runnin vault mostly with 5 stacks. probably done this for 4 hours so far.

oh and ive been doing it with 395 mf

my route is.

find VotA - checkpoint

TP

caldeum sewers - 1 -2 packs
black canyon - 1-3 packs
dalgur oasis. - run towards aquaducts - 2-4 packs
aquaducts ish
then i head to the VotA and complete my run.

edit: lately ive been just stacking up in the vault then starting that list of places.

pox faults - fart pants
aquila curias - body armor x2
schrimshaw - 1h
bone shatter - 2h
axe geznsomethingarather
monk fist
monk diabo
crudest boots

and about 4-5 rare rings :/

ima keep working on my path. so. Vota drops manalds too :/ :(?

Cause i found a manald in the vile cavern :/ dammit.

edit just did 2 runs and found 4 uniques :/ 2 in ea game.
Edited by itsMoist#6212 on 9/4/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Sosie
Now, regardless of how the drop % works, Elites drop way more items than white mobs; that's more chances to be upgraded to a legendary. And there's lvl 18 elite Noxious Guardians, Skeletal Rangers, and Stinging Swarms right there in the sewers just waiting to give us the goods! ... seems kinda silly not to even go down there.
That's because that particular run is all about speed. Once you set it up correctly, every time you make a new game you start at the part where you are leaving the throne room and heading back to the sewers killing 12 or so mobs of snakes along the way, then rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Sosie
Elites drop way more items than white mobs; that's more chances to be upgraded to a legendary. And there's lvl 18 elite Noxious Guardians, Skeletal Rangers, and Stinging Swarms right there in the sewers just waiting to give us the goods! ... seems kinda silly not to even go down there.

This.
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 09:39 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
That's because that particular run is all about speed. Once you set it up correctly, every time you make a new game you start at the part where you are leaving the throne room and heading back to the sewers killing 12 or so mobs of snakes along the way, then rinse and repeat.

Yeah but there are far more efficient runs that include elites, which have guaranteed drops and give you NV stacks. Example: The quest point for Strange Allies starts you immediately in the sewers, which you can clear through to Adria. After getting at least 1 or 2 stacks right there in the sewers you can take the waypoint to Road to Alcarnus and run right into Alcarnus, which is nothing but Signet-capable mobs, including more elites. Then optionally you can go back to Road and Kassim waypoints to check both sides of Stinging Winds for The Ruins, which is the single best place to farm for Signet.
Reply Quote
OMG I just found 2 legendary drops in a single run!
Boots: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/648/dbllegend01.jpg
Chest Armor: http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/8172/dbllegend02.jpg

I also tracked my rare drops: 27 in last run (25 min), more than 1 rare per minute! which brings me to...
Total hours farmed: 24, Legendaries: 12, Rare rings: 16
Still haven't found the precious, but I think my current run is damn-near perfect, and it covers a variety of locations so I don't get bored (or lose my 5 NV!)

09/05/2012 02:05 AMPosted by Mith
check both sides of Stinging Winds for The Ruins, which is the single best place to farm for Signet.

no doubt.
Reply Quote
ok... I just found 2 more legendaries within 11 minutes of eachother (that's 6 in the past 4 hours of farming.) I don't know what's going on, but it feels like Blizzard just hit the Wednesday-Morning-Non-Stop-Legendaries button.

EDIT: Sry for double post; I actually thought it might be glitch. Just can't believe my luck :P
EDIT2: screen capture http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4818/somanyls.jpg
Edited by VirtuosoZ#1207 on 9/5/2012 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What are your farming route?
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 04:29 AMPosted by Eldirfar
What are your farming route?

• Load "City of Blood"
  • wp to Black Canyon: Kill only elites for NV, search Stinging Winds for The Ruins or Crumbling Vault -- have 5 NV before going in
  • go to Howling Plateau if not enough elites in BCM/SW
  • 100% clear The Ruins/ Crumbling
  • 100% clear Alcarnus (5 NV before entering city)
  • kill Maghda
  • Royal Audience/ Unexpected Allies: kill the elites, save Adria
  • Dahlgur Oasis: quick check for Mysterious Cave (only the elites) & Tomb of Khan Dakab
  • TP to town, leave game
  • EDIT: formatting
    Edited by VirtuosoZ#1207 on 9/5/2012 6:02 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    67 Blood Elf Warrior
    Speed your the man, thanks for the run, I found it, Yes sir I got my precious with 30 experience too!!! I would of never found it without your help, and I thank you sir! I found it in the Oasis, with only 24 base MF.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]