Diablo® III

Leoric's Signet farming stories

Hey guys,

We are currently doing a "search for a signet series" on youtube just search CuckooGaming and you'll find us.

We first tired the vault of the assassin without any lucky, however in our second episode which has just been put out, we found one in the sewers after just 10 runs

Your more likely to get it here as the item level's in the sewers are alot lower so therefore your less likely to get the troll ring.

Qoute this for others hope it helps video is prove below

CuckooGaming - Luke

http://youtu.be/SXjXxf5Afhg [SIGNET DROP]
Edited by Cuckoo#1828 on 9/8/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/08/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Bloodseeker
You guys are all doing it wrong.

of yeah? yeah i know one other place its almost always 100% drop rate, -> RMAH/GAH

basically the whole act can load it, the first 5 or 6 zones can drop it but chances are you'll get the signet over the manald even tho ive personally gotten a manald in several places that i shouldnt of gotten one in. but since you know more than the rest us due explain or just piss off with the trolling.

09/08/2012 10:52 AMPosted by hXc
Got my third manald today...this game is a joke, I get every legendary in this act with plenty of doubles, have 3 manalds now with zero signet. Why would a level 14 ring in normal be so rare? Once this thing drops im going to sell it on RMAH the uninstall, these runs have absolutely made me hate this game.

Best game of the year IMO, NOT!
Edited by Convic#1479 on 9/8/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My patience has nearly run dry... I've tried every run theorized here with no success. For the past 3 days, I have logged 32 hours into this... and have gotten 0 legendaries. To those of you complaining "I have found 15+ but not the ring" be grateful. Yes we are in the same boat because our prize has not been found, but your brain is a little happier than mine seeing that brown color knowing you are possibly going to get the ring, whilst I have farmed for 32 hours with nothing to show for it.

I will not stop, however. If i stop now than it has all been for nothing. If i continue i can maybe one day say, "i got my ring, it only took X hours to find lololol" /wrist.
Reply Quote
My patience has nearly run dry... I've tried every run theorized here with no success. For the past 3 days, I have logged 32 hours into this... and have gotten 0 legendaries. To those of you complaining "I have found 15+ but not the ring" be grateful. Yes we are in the same boat because our prize has not been found, but your brain is a little happier than mine seeing that brown color knowing you are possibly going to get the ring, whilst I have farmed for 32 hours with nothing to show for it.

I will not stop, however. If i stop now than it has all been for nothing. If i continue i can maybe one day say, "i got my ring, it only took X hours to find lololol" /wrist.

because all the Brown items you get in normal are so !@#$in amazing we shouldnt be complaining right? yeah they made it so 4x the items drop, too bad when they nerfed the quality on %^-* back when they nerfed attack speed, so now we get 4x the garbage to drop, since the patch dropped ive found over 50 set/sh!t(brown items) in inferno, only sold 5 for over 8mil, the rest are scattered on the 9 other mules i have. or have been salvaged because they go for 90-100k gold on the AH awesome Not!
Reply Quote
I have found 15+ but not the ring,
lol I hate to do this but in one run (with 280mf buffed) I have found, broken crown, rabid strike, the crudest boots, magefist, Vigilante Belt, Manald Heal, Pox Faulds. ALL IN ONE RUN! With all those, you would think there is a chance for the OTHER ring to drop, but no!
09/08/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Mugwai
but your brain is a little happier than mine seeing that brown color knowing you are possibly going to get the ring
I think it is worse to get all this brown, because I know that with all these items I am getting all the wrong ones. The level range is right, I just don't know what is wrong...
Reply Quote
09/08/2012 10:25 PMPosted by MrPatrick
The level range is right, I just don't know what is wrong...
Creating a diamond takes time and pressure. Apparently so does finding Leorics ring.
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

We are currently doing a "search for a signet series" on youtube just search CuckooGaming and you'll find us.

We first tired the vault of the assassin without any lucky, however in our second episode which has just been put out, we found one in the sewers after just 10 runs

Your more likely to get it here as the item level's in the sewers are alot lower so therefore your less likely to get the troll ring.

Qoute this for others hope it helps video is prove below

CuckooGaming - Luke

http://youtu.be/SXjXxf5Afhg [SIGNET DROP]

if you bothered to read this thread and/or the last one, you would of known we already knew about the sewers, its just after 100 runs most of us havent gotten the ring, we've added more zones to our farming path in hopes it would become less mind numbing. but no its as mind numbing as ever, it makes me Enjoy Farming Paragon levels in inferno (thats !@#$ing sad on my part)

here a question that just jumped into my head, do you think Too much MF is Bad? with 5 stacks and im sitting at 397%. i wonder. if they %^-*ed up mf like they did back in D2 where if you went over a certain % you wouldnt find !@#$. anyone have any thoughts?
Reply Quote
09/09/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Convic
if you went over a certain % you wouldnt find !@#$. anyone have any thoughts?
I sit at about 220% unbuffed, and 300% buffed (which is most of the run). Referring to my previous post, I have found so many legendaries +1 helm this morning. I found most legendaries at about 260% mf, so I think that with people saying "I HAVE 9000+ MF AND I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING HERP DERP!" is a fine argument for a lower than capped mf standard for farming.
Reply Quote
i find legendaries all day long just cant find the ring, i either get a ton of blues ones or non stop rare rings.

as far as trial and error goes, i know Black canyon, stinging winds, the Ruins in SW, Sewers of Caldum, Ruined Cistern, the Tomb of either dude in the Oasis's, and most of the Mobs in Dughlar Oasis, can load the ring,

Now i know The ancient waterway in the Oasis "May" drop the ring but i know the chances of getting a manald are higher due to item level, same goes for that other anicent hole in the ground. and The Forgotten Ruins drops level 18 rings.
Reply Quote
I've been farming for this ring since August 30th, I've found 17 legendaries, and not a single ring. Of those 17, I've found The Crudest Boots 3 times, Vigilante Belt 2 times, and Boneshatter 2 times :(
Reply Quote
09/09/2012 01:43 PMPosted by MrPatrick
if you went over a certain % you wouldnt find !@#$. anyone have any thoughts?
I run max MF and I find legendary items all the time(somewhere around 400% with PL +Gear + Follower + NV), just not the ring. I don't think MF has much significance on Legendary Drops but I also know that it does not prevent them from dropping as I have first hand witnessed about 30 times already.
Reply Quote
My patience has nearly run dry... For the past 3 days, I have logged 32 hours into this... and have gotten 0 legendaries... Yes we are in the same boat because our prize has not been found, but your brain is a little happier than mine seeing that brown color knowing you are possibly going to get the ring, whilst I have farmed for 32 hours with nothing to show for it.

I will not stop, however.

We are definitely in the same boat, Mugwai! All of us who have poured hours into treasure hunting, only to find disappointment: you, me, smaug, ChaosLeech, MrPatrick, Convic, Turnstiled, Syntaxz, Zephyx, Tarc, and probably many more.
It can be discouraging to see elite after elite go down, while hours slip away, and have this creeping feeling that all this effort has been for nothing... I'll admit, it helps to see other legendary drops, but none of us will be satisfied until we find the one ring. To the fellowship, I say: Don't give up. We gota keep the faith alive!

Now, about your "0 legendaries" situation... I'm honestly baffled by this. I've logged 33 hours so far, and I've noticed a consistent pattern: 1 legendary every 3 hours. That's using 300% MF, plus 5 Nephalem Valor. (I got extremely lucky one night, but that's not the norm.) Note: I'm farming on my Witch Doctor, so my runs aren't nearly as quick as a Monk's. But for you to farm 30+ hours and not find a single one? Very odd...

If you'll indulge me, I'd like to know more about your farming routine. On which route did you spend the majority of your time? Or did you divide your time equally among several? Long runs or short runs? Do you always get 5 NV at the beginning, or proceed without it? Do you clear every monster, or just pick off the elites? What about breakables (pots, urns, chests, bodies)? Any number of little details could possibly contribute to your apparent "bad luck."

EDIT: If you'd like to see my typical run, it's here on page 16: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412104449?page=16#319
EDIT 2: spelling >.<
Edited by VirtuosoZ#1207 on 9/9/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not really all that disappointed TBH. I'm actually kind of glad that it is that hard to snag one. Makes it better when the time does come. Plus I've found a bunch of Legendary items in my inferno runs so it's while I'm on a decent Drop trend I don't mind not landing the ring farming it for an hour or so a day. I think they key is to not obsess about it, otherwise you will burn out quick. Just do a few runs a day, then move on to other stuff.
Reply Quote
the only thing im dreading is finally finding one and rolling a 20% that would really crush my spirit tbh. all i want is to cut my grind time in inferno in half you figure with an additional 30% bonus xp the grind will be barely id at least be getting nearly double the xp im currently getting. on a side note ive gained one level on a character i do not wish to play from kill streaks in normal lol.

@Sosie, i run practically the same setup, ive been focusing on the areas others have already found the ring, just depends on how im feeling, i wonder if farming maghda would tender a ring anyone know what her loot table consists of?
Edited by Convic#1479 on 9/9/2012 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got mine (27 dex, 24% exp) in the Forgotten Ruins off a white mob. I had 320 Total MF after 5 stacks of NV and some from my merc. I got it on about my 130th run of mixed up quick runs, Adria runs, and full oasis clears. Got 3 uniques before I got the ring. I threw it up on the RMAH and I'll see if I can move it to fund upgrades to my WD. I'll prob keep doing 5-10 runs a day from now on just in case.

For those folks who haven't gotten it, keep the hope up!
Reply Quote
Should I be doing Unexpect Allies quests or just the sewers for better run results. I am trying to see how often this ring drops and sell them on the auction house for some profit. I need only two rings since I can't equip more then one at a time.
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 03:02 PMPosted by ace700
Should I be doing Unexpect Allies quests or just the sewers for better run results. I am trying to see how often this ring drops and sell them on the auction house for some profit. I need only two rings since I can't equip more then one at a time.

lol, some of us have farmed this for two weeks and haven't found one, we'd all love to have two by now. I've run about 30-40 sewers of caldeum runs today alone and haven't had a single legendary drop.
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 03:18 PMPosted by smaug

lol, some of us have farmed this for two weeks and haven't found one, we'd all love to have two by now. I've run about 30-40 sewers of caldeum runs today alone and haven't had a single legendary drop.

I wanted to know if I should do Unexpect Allies with quest boss or should I only do sewers for faster runs. So far I have found eightteen rares and two legendary items with 281 magic find within four hours of running. I have found the righ about 10 times but the loot keeps dispearing on me before I can pick up the right.
Reply Quote
Well, actually no one can answer that question yet.
This video shows that it did drop @ adria pre- 1.0.4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPQVCuO7xE
Keep in mind that this was the old version of the ring and that this mob might not drop it anymore.
This video shows that it does drop in the sewers as of patch 1.0.4:
http://youtu.be/SXjXxf5Afhg

To now I have done two "100 Unexpected Alies Runs",
And about 60+ runs that contain:
[Quest Unexpected Alies]
-Alcarnus
-Sewers Of Caldeum
-Ruined Cistern
-Oasis

Lately I always stream when im looking for the ring as you can see here:
http://nl.twitch.tv/syntaxyz/videos

Some people get this ring in like a hundred runs, some get in running 40+ hours.
Until now im certain that every mob that is able to drop lvl 14-ish ring is able to drop this signet.

To end this post correctly, I would just advise to actually do the unexpected alies quest to get the champion mob kill.

To everyone interested in this ring,
Good luck on your quest to find this ring.

Syntaxz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]