Diablo® III

Leoric's Signet farming stories

Well, actually no one can answer that question yet.
This video shows that it did drop @ adria pre- 1.0.4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPQVCuO7xE
Keep in mind that this was the old version of the ring and that this mob might not drop it anymore.
This video shows that it does drop in the sewers as of patch 1.0.4:
http://youtu.be/SXjXxf5Afhg

To now I have done two "100 Unexpected Alies Runs",
And about 60+ runs that contain:
[Quest Unexpected Alies]
-Alcarnus
-Sewers Of Caldeum
-Ruined Cistern
-Oasis

Lately I always stream when im looking for the ring as you can see here:
http://nl.twitch.tv/syntaxyz/videos

Some people get this ring in like a hundred runs, some get in running 40+ hours.
Until now im certain that every mob that is able to drop lvl 14-ish ring is able to drop this signet.

To end this post correctly, I would just advise to actually do the unexpected alies quest to get the champion mob kill.

To everyone interested in this ring,
Good luck on your quest to find this ring.

Syntaxz

I guess this is the wrong thread becuase people don't know how long each run takes them. I am going to make a new thread but the new thread might be pontless becuase people will troll the thread or won't time themselves. Here is the link for the thread with results. I will be trying to get about 50 to 100 of the rings. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6522503697#1
Edited by ace700#1585 on 9/10/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 03:24 PMPosted by ace700

lol, some of us have farmed this for two weeks and haven't found one, we'd all love to have two by now. I've run about 30-40 sewers of caldeum runs today alone and haven't had a single legendary drop.

I wanted to know if I should do Unexpect Allies with quest boss or should I only do sewers for faster runs. So far I have found eightteen rares and two legendary items with 281 magic find within four hours of running. I have found the righ about 10 times but the loot keeps dispearing on me before I can pick up the right.

What do you mean that the right loot drops but it disappears before you can pick it up? you know you can bind a key to show items on the ground right?
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 03:24 PMPosted by ace700

lol, some of us have farmed this for two weeks and haven't found one, we'd all love to have two by now. I've run about 30-40 sewers of caldeum runs today alone and haven't had a single legendary drop.

I wanted to know if I should do Unexpect Allies with quest boss or should I only do sewers for faster runs. So far I have found eightteen rares and two legendary items with 281 magic find within four hours of running. I have found the righ about 10 times but the loot keeps dispearing on me before I can pick up the right.
Wait a minute, you actually found a legendary ring 10 times and you couldn't pick it up all because the words disappear? WOOOOOW! All you had to do was press alt to bring it back up dude.
Reply Quote

Wait a minute, you actually found a legendary ring 10 times and you couldn't pick it up all because the words disappear? WOOOOOW! All you had to do was press alt to bring it back up dude.

What I mean before I can pick up the ring, the item went off the rador. If the ring was on the floor, there will be a unique aura around the item. I tryed to find the item but the ring just vanish. I know there is no proof to this since I am not streaming live.
Reply Quote
I don't think so
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 03:44 PMPosted by ace700
I will be trying to get about 50 to 100 of the rings.

lol, good luck with that.
Edited by VirtuosoZ#1207 on 9/10/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Over 60 hours farming this ring, sold over 20 legendaries. Did every type of run for practically a day each. Tried VoA for 5 stack then doing sewers, ruins levels 1 and 2, crumbling vault, road to alcarnus, cistern, then oasis. Tried doing straight sewers runs with boss and faster ones without. Tried cistern only runs. Tried oasis only runs. Tried having my girlfriend double up on my other account and do runs also. Nothing. Killing me because I don't care about the ring, I just said I'd find it and I don't go back on my word so i'm pretty much screwed. One thing to note, when I lowered my mf to the same level as the monk my gf was playing as, I got more drops/ring drops. Strange. Well whatever, I'm cutting it off in like two more days, this is ridiculous haha.
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 05:06 PMPosted by ScythenHade
Over 60 hours farming this ring, sold over 20 legendaries. Did every type of run for practically a day each. Tried VoA for 5 stack then doing sewers, ruins levels 1 and 2, crumbling vault, road to alcarnus, cistern, then oasis. Tried doing straight sewers runs with boss and faster ones without. Tried cistern only runs. Tried oasis only runs. Tried having my girlfriend double up on my other account and do runs also. Nothing. Killing me because I don't care about the ring, I just said I'd find it and I don't go back on my word so i'm pretty much screwed. One thing to note, when I lowered my mf to the same level as the monk my gf was playing as, I got more drops/ring drops. Strange. Well whatever, I'm cutting it off in like two more days, this is ridiculous haha.

ive killed over 5000 elites and countless hours makes me kinda wish i never !@#$ed with it to begin with, im only level 27 paragon levels i wonder if i would of just sucked it up and gridded more inferno instead of farming for this %^-*ing ring, id like to think i would of been like level 40-50
Reply Quote
I'm the same way, I've obligated myself to finding this damn thing now. It's 2 weeks I could've been working on paragon levels with my wizard completely wasted chasing this thing. I think I'll give it another couple days as well and then throw in the towel.
Reply Quote
out of 50 runs of the sewers ive done tonight, i have gotten roughly 40 blue rings ranged between 8-16, 2 rare rings, the barber, and the two handed mace (legendary).

all i can really say is f*ck this game and future garbage to be released.
Reply Quote
got mine at oasis. just randomly walking around with 300mf + 5NV
Reply Quote

What I mean before I can pick up the ring, the item went off the rador. If the ring was on the floor, there will be a unique aura around the item. I tryed to find the item but the ring just vanish. I know there is no proof to this since I am not streaming live.

I hate to say it, but this person sounds like a gold farmer. His profile shows high GF, and most farmers never pick up items, just get GF and Radius...That's the only way I can rationalize someone not knowing about the alt key
Edited by Error37#1225 on 9/11/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After 2 weeks I've mostly given up on Signet farming.

With some upgrades I can now handle farming Act 2 Inferno so I've been mainly doing that.

Last night I found a decent 1100 DPS Echoing Fury for my Barb. No godly socket, but it's still a solid upgrade from his old main. Finding any Legendary that is actually an upgrade is pretty rare, so I'm happy.
Reply Quote
so yeah the item req level goes past level 16 in the sewers of caldeum, just got a req level 18 blue ring, theirfore you can get a manald GG.
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 11:41 PMPosted by BlueSkies
got mine at oasis. just randomly walking around with 300mf + 5NV

Oh cool! Which of these mobs dropped it for you?

http://d3db.com/zone/i/dahlgur-oasis-57425
Reply Quote
Finally got a Leoric's signet (Int 28%)!! (~280MF + 5NV)

Initially started farming it with about 60 runs of the Royal Audience route, but that was far too mind numbing to keep doing imo. No legendaries.

Decided to try repeatedly clearing Oasis from forgotten ruins checkpoint. On about the 4th run, got some random Spirit stone legendary from a white mob snake. QQfest

Decided to just clear all of act 2 up to oasis to break monotony. On the 9th run, got the Leoric's signet from a diseased corpse pile in ruined cistern.

As a side note, I've gotten about 12 legendaries total since starting the game a week after launch and none of them have come from elites, only white mobs, breakables, and weapon/armor racks
Reply Quote
I've been doing various runs in Act 2 Normal and nothing but a Legendary Belt, which I NPC'd. I'll likely try a run or two daily but I burned myself out trying to find Leoric's Signet.
Reply Quote
Finally got a Leoric's signet (Int 28%)!! (~280MF + 5NV)

On about the 4th run, got some random Spirit stone legendary from a white mob snake. QQfest... On the 9th run, got the Leoric's signet from a diseased corpse pile in ruined cistern.

So the 2nd legendary you found, while farming act 2, was the Signet? ... YOU LUCKY SOB! :)
Reply Quote
To find that ring you must have high speed movement?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]