Diablo® III

Leoric's Signet farming stories

I dunno how you do it MasterJay. Im clocking well in excess of 24 hours farm time. Rocking 375% MF - 0 legendaries. I've run almost every type of run, I've run desolate sands (vault and cave) for a while, I've run pure audience runs for a while, I've run pure sewer runs, I've run pure Oasis runs.

Now I'm running vault for 5 stack, then Sewer --> Ruined Cistern --> Oasis and reset.

The zero legendaries is the bit that is hurting me :p
Reply Quote
Yup, for those who only farm this ring, it's enough to make you want to slam your head through your keyboard or monitor. I'll do a few runs daily but can keeps my eyes open in I go back to doing these runs non-stop until the ring drops (if luck is on my side, which it usually isn't).
Reply Quote
I dunno how you do it MasterJay. Im clocking well in excess of 24 hours farm time. Rocking 375% MF - 0 legendaries. I've run almost every type of run, I've run desolate sands (vault and cave) for a while, I've run pure audience runs for a while, I've run pure sewer runs, I've run pure Oasis runs.

Now I'm running vault for 5 stack, then Sewer --> Ruined Cistern --> Oasis and reset.

you want to avoid the desolate sands (vault and cave) for farming, going their for quick 5 stacks maybe but hanging around for a legendary ring if you want ill give u one of the many manalds ive gotten so u can bash your head into a wall from frustration like i have.

ive made a list of places you want to avoid because ive gotten manalds.

to answer your question as to what im farming,

Path to the Oasis/Dahlgur Oassis
The Forgotten Ruins
Sewers of Caldeum
Black Canyon Mines [Deserted cellar] (only if you get the tunnel of the rockworm)
the ruins level 1 & level 2
Ruined Cistern

--------------

For those who do not wish to read: these areas you want to avoid farming period.

Ancient Cave Level 1, Level 2 - Kept Getting req Level 18 rings and other items.
Desolate Sands + CotB/VoA - dont do them waste of time. Too many 18+ Rings Load.
Ancient Waterway system - Too many Manalds Fml.
Reply Quote
That's pretty much all im running Convic, VotA for 5 stack only, then on to Sewers --> Ruine Cistern then the Oasis and reset. Appreciate the resposnse anyway! Good luck to everyone out there :)
Reply Quote
i also found out that using your mercenary... sometimes you don't get loot when he gets the Killing blow

Convic, I have never experienced this first hand, nor have I seen anybody else mention this. Of course, loot drops are completely random most of the time; it would be difficult to test. But in my experience - when I have 5 Nephalem Valor, and my merc gets the kill on the last elite, I have always gotten at least 1 rare (or a legendary) 100% of the time.

can you give me the source from that statement?

im not gonna go search through 2 weeks worth of posts to find the source for you.

Like Smealiko, I wish to know more about this. I have personally searched the Battle.Net forums, Reddit r/Diablo, and Reddit r/Diablo3, and I have not found any other posts about not get the loot if your mercenary gets the kill... If this is happening, it is certainly a bug. I would like to know if other players have witnessed it occurring.

Please post a link. Thank you, Convic. And I apologize if there's something I missed.
Edited by VirtuosoZ#1207 on 9/17/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
cant find the source, or i would of linked it.

but i gave up on farming this ring earlier in the day yesterday, the time wasted farming for this ring, such a shame. after getting 2x Poxs and 1x see no evil. and than rare ring after rare ring im good. hopefully the Chinese will farm the crap out and deflate the market on it.
Reply Quote

I actually did stop a bit and finally did some A3 now I'll be back at it again lol..too invested now.

Wow not sure how you're not getting legendary, invest in a cheap sun keepers for your paladin, that 5-6% MF might be the difference.

Don't do desolates or pure audience runs.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 01:35 AMPosted by MasterJay
invest in a cheap sun keepers for your paladin

A what? They cost like 6,000,000 gold on the auction house.
Reply Quote
I found mine in about 2 hours farming oasis. 21% ring, sold on rmah for 75$.

PLvL: 6
MF gear: 301 (just buy the cheapest on the AH, full set for ~50k)
Checkpoint in Vault of the Assassins for quick 5 NV stacks
TP to town, WP to Oasis
Clear Oasis
Log Out, resume game at VoTA checkpoint, rinse repeat.
Takes ~10min for a full run as WD + SpirtWalk + 12%boots

Mob level is too high for leoric's to drop in the dungeons of Oasis, stay out of those. You can enter\clear the cellars

4 legendary items dropped before Leoric's. Each sold for 2$ on RMAH.

Ring did not drop off a champ\elite pack. Dropped off normal Dervish.

Moral: dont run past any mob while farming ring. It can drop from any mob in the Oasis. Kill em all!
Reply Quote
All these hours u guys waste farming this ring you could have been farming paragon. Just saying.

Also i wouldnt put it past blizzard to nerf the drop rate just to piss these ring farmers off.
Edited by Natas#1764 on 9/18/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's like fishing:
You sit in the boat all morning without a single bite… then somebody else cruises in, and his lures are barely in the water before he's caught three rainbow trout in a row.
Edited by VirtuosoZ#1207 on 9/18/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All these hours u guys waste farming this ring you could have been farming paragon. Just saying.

Also i wouldnt put it past blizzard to nerf the drop rate just to piss these ring farmers off.

yeah i wonder if i would of been past level 30 paragon if i wouldnt of messed with farming for this ring. :(
Reply Quote
So Far.....
1.The Executioner (x1)
2.see No evil (x2)
3.Magefist (x1)
4.The Crudest boots (x3)
5.Lut Socks (x1)
6.Rabid Strike (x2)
7.split Tusk (x1)
8.Boneshatter (x5)!!! (THREE IN A ROW)
9.Manald heal (x2) !@#$!
10.Aquila Cuirass (x1)
11.Gazing Demise (x1)

So.....Am I Unlucky Or What?

Edit : i gave up
Edited by Rockbigman#2415 on 9/21/2012 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So Far.....
1.The Executioner
2.see No evil
3.Magefist
4.The Crudest boots (x3)
5.Lut Socks
6.Rabid Strike (x2)
7.split Tusk
8.Boneshatter (x2)
9.Manald heal

So.....Am I Unlucky Or What?

5x The Crudest Boots
4x Vigilate Belt
3x The Barber
2x Steady Strikers
4x Balance
2x BoneShatters
2x Aquila Cuirass
1x Pox Faulds
3x Manald Heal
2x Scrimshaw
1x The Executioner
1x BoneShatter
2x Broken Crown
2x See no evil
3x Rabid Strike
0x Leoric's Signet

not at all. the game is just the best game ever!
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 04:49 AMPosted by MasterJay
Day 8... 26 legendaries, many copies no ring - starting the day, hour 34...getting low on food and water but apparently my enchantress offered to conjure some.

Your enchantress seems smarter than mine. We roll up to an elite pack, I instantly kill them all with an acid cloud, and she says "I learned much from that!"

"Those fallen peons were 45 levels lower than us, and this is the 30th time we've killed enemies just like them! What could you have possibly learned from that? You dope!!!"
Reply Quote
the quest is over, a friend of mine got one off the auction house for 45mil and gave it to me earlier today, time to waste more time gaining levels like a retard :D
Reply Quote
Quest is over for me as well, found mine yesterday. For your information, it dropped during the necromancer event, from the elite pack that pops at the end of the quest, don't know if it'll help anyone.
Reply Quote

I actually did stop a bit and finally did some A3 now I'll be back at it again lol..too invested now.

Wow not sure how you're not getting legendary, invest in a cheap sun keepers for your paladin, that 5-6% MF might be the difference.

Don't do desolates or pure audience runs.

Yea I dunno man, I actually haven't got a single legendary since 1.04. Now paragon level 7, and have prolly bout 30 hours into farming for leorics ring. Maybe im bugged or something =/
Reply Quote
invest in a cheap sun keepers for your paladin

A what? They cost like 6,000,000 gold on the auction house.

Grab him a 1.0.3 Three Hundredth Spear for 700k, instead.

I don't exactly keep my Templar around for his damage, so I'm happy enough with him using his sad little Legacy Three Hundredth. =)
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 9/21/2012 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Current MF with 5 NV stack: 351%

Route: VoTA, sewers, cistern, oasis - full, desolated sands - surface (sometimes I try mines and starting from a royal audience up to VoTA).

~Total hours of farming: 11

Aquila Cuirass - Armor req level 15 - Oasis
Pox Faulds x2 - Pants req level 9 - One found at mines

Do not remember where I found these
Vigilant Belt x2 - Req level 5
Broken Crown - Helm Req level 16
Magefist - Gloves Req Level 16

Will farm just for today, then I will give up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]