Diablo® III

Leoric's Signet farming stories

Alright fellowship,
I have now farmed for 50 hours. This is the result:

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/8495/signetfarm51.jpg

29 legendaries, 58 rare rings... still no Leoric's Signet :/
- my MF gear: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VirtuosoZ-1207/hero/2959520
Reply Quote
so in order to get this ring, you need to farm at hell level?
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Timotale
so in order to get this ring, you need to farm at hell level?

It's in Act 2 Normal only: Royal Audience --> Desolate Sands
Reply Quote
Finally got a 24% Leoric's Signet two days ago in the Forgotten Ruins ... Took quite a bit of farming but finally got it to drop.
Reply Quote
I would rather wait now for a 1.0.5 patch, and make that nice 35% + stats ring instead grinding Leoric.
Reply Quote
Looking for a party to farm Leoric's. ADd Melquíades#1909
Reply Quote
View profile
I would rather wait now for a 1.0.5 patch, and make that nice 35% + stats ring instead grinding Leoric.

Exactly, Blizz saved me couple days of grinding..
Reply Quote
I just found a 24% ring in the Forgotten Ruins too. And I was actually missing a fair amount of MF when I got it; my MF gear set and paragon level 5 add up to 269% starting MF, I only had 2 stacks of valor, and I had Fortune Shrine on, making it add up to 324% by the time the ring dropped on the ground. I wasn't at full stacks because I felt like starting farming runs at the checkpoint right outside the Forgotten Ruins entrance and farming the FR as the first area instead of VotA. I don't even remember whether the group of skeletons I multishotted to get the ring to drop were a group of mobs or an elite pack.
Edited by Appreciataur#1917 on 9/22/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright fellowship,
I have now farmed for 50 hours. This is the result:

[link, this bug is really annoying]

29 legendaries, 58 rare rings... still no Leoric's Signet :/
- my MF gear: [link, still annoying]

Ouch, I thought I was the only one lol. I'll tally my hours and legendaries in a minute. Just from guess it's 40+ hrs and 28+ legendary.

I think I'm pretty much going to quit today, new patch on the horizon gonna spend time on PTR and I'm about 10 levels behind in paragons due to this and likely items worth more than what I'd find for the ring.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/23/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Day 9, Final Day 40+ hours:

Vigilante Belt: 3
See No Evil: 3
Spirit Tusk: 3
Steady Strikers: 2
Uskang: 2
The Barber: 3
The Crudest Boots: 2
Rabid Strike: 1
Winter Flurry: 3
Pox Flauds: 2
Magefist: 1
Boenshatter: 2
Skrimshaw: 1

Total: 28

Average length of time: 1 legendary every 1.75 hours
MF: 319% start / current 328%
Most used Route per run: Sewers to unique snake (Adria Quest)
Most used route per legendary: Black Canyon > Alcarnus > Ruins > Sewers > Oasis full clear
Current route: Black Canyon > Alcarnus > Sewers > Ruined Cistern > Oasis (skip ancient cave)

I plan to put in 8 more hours today to end it out.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/23/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why not just put a ruby gem in a socketed helmet to get the experience % bonus instead of wasting time farming leoric's signet?
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 07:22 PMPosted by MasterPUA
Why not just put a ruby gem in a socketed helmet to get the experience % bonus instead of wasting time farming leoric's signet?

I have that already, I'm committed to farm it out of principle in spending so much time to get it. Think of it as a very overrated achievement lol. I have no intention of using it..however I might want to think about it now since I've lost so much paragon lvl time farming it.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/23/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tried 4 runs, got for legendaries. 1 each time trying. Got the 2x Rabid Strike, Broken Crown and Sin Seekers?. So maybe a legendary each hour. Mostly from non-elite packs.

Got 268 mf without Valor, maybe more with the Sunkeeper on (Paladin has MF-gear as well).
Selected Black Soulstone quest, Nepalem Valor buff around Alcarnus and then from Oasis till Kulle or Belial.
Reply Quote
393% MF with NV5 and 40 hours with no legendary doing Ruined cistern/Sewers Snake route. I can finally sympathize with this man about snakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amYzBQMT4VI
Reply Quote
Isn't 375% the max (300% from gear and 75% from NV)?
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
Isn't 375% the max (300% from gear and 75% from NV)?

Before the patch (1.0.5) hits you can still go over 375% from follower bonuses. I believe you get 20% of the effect from their gear. MF Rings Amulet and Shield are what im using on templar.
Reply Quote
Read blue post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413171867?page=1#15

Combined MF from gear, shrine, and follower is intended to cap at 300%. However as of 1.0.4, equipping your follower with MF gear appears to raise your Magic-Find beyond 300% as it is displayed in your Details tooltip.

Example: I have 295% MF gear + paragon 6% = 301%, and my tooltip shows 300%. (Cap working as intended.) Now I hire my 17% MF enchantress. That number goes up to 317%. This does not mean that my MF is actually going above 300% -- only that there is a bug with the number displayed in my tooltip, making it appear as 317%, when in fact it is still only 300%.

Either way, Blizzard will certainly fix this MF in the next patch -- meaning you should NOT buy any expensive follower gear to try to surpass 300% MF right now. Bad investment. In fact, if you have a 45% MF Sun Keeper you should probably sell it now, as it's value will drop substantially when 1.0.5 goes live.
Reply Quote
Can't say I am happy about the number of legendary drops I have had in 2 weeks (2x belt, 2x chest armor, 2x bow), but my search has FINALLY ended, got a 26% yesterday morning. I had settled in for the last couple of days doing the following with max MF;

Black Canyon to Alcarnus for NV then Sewers and Oasis.

I must say I was pretty damn happy when it did eventually drop I had nearly given up hope!! Came off a Swarm elite pack in the sewers.
Reply Quote
Can't believe that I wasted 50+ hours farming for this with no signet drop.... The new Hellfire Ring makes the signet completely obsolete.... ;/
Reply Quote
i FINALLY drop a leoric F***** signet :D after around 12-15hour of farming . i get to 5nv in VoA and go to sewer , ruined citern and oasis .. and finally drop in sewer a 29% exp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]