Diablo® III

Leoric's Signet farming stories

Just had a legendary drop. Vigilante Belt a lvl 5 belt.

*sigh*

That's 4 in in 4 days.
Reply Quote
I get lots of rares on my runs, but I haven't bothered to pick them up. Drop rate seems the same as inferno to me...
Reply Quote
i have no idea why... i'm probably averaging a bit less than 1 rare per pack with 350 mf. with 250 mf i usually just get blues...
Reply Quote

*sigh*

That's 4 in in 4 days.

if you're getting level 5 drops you might wanna move to a slightly slightly higher level area. optimally you want to farm in area with item levels 9-17
Reply Quote
I got two in two days, 21% int and a 24% dex one. Just ended up using them because people are undercutting this too much. Anyways good luck to the people farming, I got them just doing pure sewer runs from mobs.
Edited by wolf1re#1291 on 8/29/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

*sigh*

That's 4 in in 4 days.

if you're getting level 5 drops you might wanna move to a slightly slightly higher level area. optimally you want to farm in area with item levels 9-17

It dropped in the sewers leading to Adria. So that should be right in the sweet spot.

The RNG just hates me I guess.
Edited by Dragar#1812 on 8/29/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1. Not sure abt only doing Royal Audience .. Less snakes than a quick trip to alcarnus + Dahlgur + not having to reset a quest ?

2. Royal audience quest means you go upto queen, kill snakes come back and redo the quest ? I assume its better just running that path again and again without the quest ?

3. Any comments on my rare situation ? Without MF, i dont even seem to get a 1 affix rare, which means chance of legen dropping is nil ?

Alright heres the deal, Normal Act 2, Quest 4. A Royal Audience to i want to say Quest 8. The Black Soulstone.

From my experience and research, the zones in Quest 4. to Dagular oasis, if a legendary ring drops its basically going to be Leoric's signet, The anicent waterway desolace sands VoA etc can load both the Leoric's Signet but its a 50/50 split between that and Manalds, and ive honestly gotten the manald in VoA, Cave of the betrayer and the Ancient water way.

i run with a monk, full mf gear as well as mercenary in full mf, event 300% MF, tons of Rares randomly falling off of !@#$. ive gotten plenty of other useless legendary's. its all random, ive been farming for about 4 days now. every legendary ring thats dropped has been a manalds and its really %^-*ing annoying.

08/29/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Dragar
which difficulty does the ring drop from?

Normal only. So kiss gaining xp goodbye for a while if you want to farm it.

thats not true, ive gotten 4mil experience towards level 1 of pargon just from farming normal.
Reply Quote
I was just thinking maybe we should pick up a cheap new goldskin for these farm runs. :)
Reply Quote
So I just tried logging in, and my account is now starter addition.

I am Seeders by the way.

This is my D3 account: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seeders-1949/

Do you think they banned me for "botting" because I was doing so many Normal mode runs with mf gear?

I dunno? Are you a botter?
Reply Quote

obviously not...

uh, that's not botting, thats farming

OT...
Tip: let them transform
Reply Quote

It dropped in the sewers leading to Adria. So that should be right in the sweet spot.

The RNG just hates me I guess.

I have also found this belt as well as the crudest boots in oasis. Kind of weird but whatever.
Reply Quote
day3 18h in 6 legendary's no ring
Reply Quote

obviously not...

Whoa... What did tech say? you send a ticket?
Reply Quote
Legendary #7, still no ring. Have tried many different runs, settled on starting with lieutenent vachem checkpoint so I can have the mines WP for a quick 2-3 NV stack, -> stinging winds for a shot at The Ruins (a great dungeon filled almost entirely with snakemen) -> kassim outpost (more snakemen) -> stinging winds 2 (another shot at Ruins, also Crumbling Vault) -> Road -> Alcarnus -> Audience -> Sewers -> Sewers 2 -> Oasis (+both tombs, no caves, and no forgotten ruins).

I find this to be a good comprehensive run of the entire gambit of signet-capable mobs. Stinging winds has plenty of cultists and the lvl 17 bees, I get pretty much all snakemen points, and it's long enough to heavily cut away the boring-repetition factor.

(I skip the oasis caves because they don't seem to be the right mob types... even though the "lvl 17 mobs" is only a theory, it feels appropriate enough).

Legendary list:
- Boneshatter http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/boneshatter (no socket .. garbage)
- The Executioner http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-executioner (tossed on enchantress for MF)
- The Crudest Boots http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-crudest-boots (auctioned)
- Genzaniku http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/genzaniku (auctioned) - Broken Crown http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/broken-crown (no socket .. garbage)
- Scrimshaw http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/scrimshaw (no socket .. garbage)
- Rabid Strike http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/rabid-strike (rolled 1-4, 15%, +4exp, kept for hc monk leveling)

I have seen many of the Deathly Haunts (lvl 17) in oasis cave. Even champion ones. + there is a resplendent chest at the end.

Really? There are two caves (Flooded and something else), and my experience has shown one to be spiders/bats and the other to be frost guardians or w/e. I suppose I'll check again.
Reply Quote
help me i farmed like 10 hours straight and got 11 legendaries and no ring !!

i do voa for 5 stacks then sewers then dahlgur oasis then hidden aqueducts, redo. pls help
Reply Quote
So I just tried logging in, and my account is now starter addition.

I am Seeders by the way.

This is my D3 account: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seeders-1949/

Do you think they banned me for "botting" because I was doing so many Normal mode runs with mf gear?
That really sucks man. What kind of 3rd party programs do you have running in the background? It's possible that they assumed you used one of them to interact with the game causing the ban.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 08:17 PMPosted by jyeh
i have no idea why... i'm probably averaging a bit less than 1 rare per pack with 350 mf. with 250 mf i usually just get blues...

I agree with this. I'd say a good 75% of the time I only get one rare per pack (that being the guaranteed NV rare) and otherwise all blues. Something weird with the lower level mobs compared to Inferno mobs.
Reply Quote
help me i farmed like 10 hours straight and got 11 legendaries and no ring !!

i do voa for 5 stacks then sewers then dahlgur oasis then hidden aqueducts, redo. pls help

My personal suggestion is drop the VoA part. Stacks aren't helping you because you are spending more time not farming specifically for the ring. As far as time goes, well when you are looking specifically for one particular needle in a stack of needles, sometimes it takes a while. RNG dude. Could be the next run could be 5 years from now.

One miss conception I'd like to help clear up that many people fall into, is that although common sense seems to say that the more I kill the better my odds, that's not really true.

Whatever the Odds are on this ring (or any specific item), say just for the sake of the argument 1:250,000 (probably higher), that number does not mean if you kill 250,000 you will be guaranteed at least one. That number represents a ratio which is a way of measuring difficulty of a task. That number simply means that each time you kill a single monster (regardless of what happened or how many you killed previously), you have a really high chance of failure. That's why it's called a Probability. I will probably have a good day tomorrow. I will probably not get hit by lightning today.

There is a really good chance you will never find it. Ever. The reason why we do "runs" is because each time we kill a monster we are simply trying again. The more monsters we kill in a faster period of time = the more tries we have at hitting that impossible number. Some people will get it on the first try, so people wont get it if they farm for the next 5 years.

I'm not trying to take hope away from anyone I'm just trying to maybe explain that the "I've been farming for 4 days, so I should have gotten the ring by now!" argument, means nothing. Odds don't care about time. It either happens or it doesn't every time you try.

Your best bet is to put a Value on your time. Once your time has exceeded the value of farming the ring, without finding it. Stop doing it. It's kind of like a budgeting method used by people who play a lot of slot machines to help determine if they should simply walk away or stay and get paid.
Edited by ChaosLeech#1406 on 8/30/2012 4:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]