Diablo® III

Mark Legendary drop in the mini-map plz

mini map for sure
There's no viable like button? Wait this isn't facebook? Oh there isn't hundreds of petitions for a 'dislike button' or anything either, huh... I think my computer must be broken because I can't see the petition for a 'this sucks' button either. Hmm, looks like blizzard might need to add another sub-forum or two...

All kidding aside I agree completely. Especially for those who play ranged classes or the ever popular double tornado barb, it can be a hassle.

Anyway, I'm about to start a 'petition blizzard for a like button, dislike button, and this sucks button, and bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips button' page. Who's with me!?
Edited by Willis#1484 on 8/24/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Sticky Requested !!!
+1
same here, its really hard to notice a lengendary drop on floor @@
90 Human Priest
I had a legendary ring drop off butcher and barely saw it on the ground cause the colors were just about the same. They do need to make a really bright color or something real noticable.
The mini-map part sounds like something a WW/Tornado barb wants, so he doesn't have to waste time or fury going back to check loot that has dropped.
Edited by Moreir#1247 on 8/24/2012 4:22 AM PDT
You know... the ALT key does exist! It really helps. Besides, items are color coded, unless you're a speed-runner you won't miss rares/legendaries/sets... Take it easy and will see it. =D
Wow must be nice ive played well over 500 hrs and still have NEVER seen one at all....either you ppl are lucky as hell or are using some kind of hack I swear its the most annoying thing to me as is the NEW IMPROVED drop rate on rares. Dam farmed for 5 hrs yest got well over 50 rares all right 80% were under 60 and 100% of them were total frigin crap.
Very frustrating indeed Im feeling a better chance to get hit by a bus and I live 800 miles from one =\
!!
I've already posted more than once about the inconspicuous appearance of legendary drops. It's not even that hard to do; either change the colour to something really bright and obvious/blinking, or mark a blinker on the map since everyone looks at it during their runs.

I keep item labels on all the time, so there is no need to press ALT. Even then, there have been times with so much action going on, I wonder if I have left a legendary item behind. I am sure it has happened to someone, if not myself. A real irony that the best items have the least obvious colour.
Edited by Hayrich#6694 on 8/24/2012 4:29 AM PDT
08/24/2012 03:59 AMPosted by Practitioner
Whats not hard to see though is your virginity...
LOL'ed hard on this gem
08/24/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Moreir
The mini-map part sounds like something a WW/Tornado barb wants, so he doesn't have to waste time or fury going back to check loot that has dropped.

Your point is ?
Edit: let me guess, 'because, even though it benefits all, but it benefits him more than me so I don't want it'?
Edited by Biggerbelly#1299 on 8/24/2012 4:33 AM PDT
Bump

SC2 MINIMAP PING!!!!!
08/24/2012 04:29 AMPosted by Biggerbelly

Your point is ?

Well.. that is the point. It's exactly why you want it. To make the OP WW/Tornado build farm even faster than other classes (except maybe DH with Nat's and Trail of Cinders).
I thought this issue will be addressed together with potions etc.
It's just too damn dark and the sound is so not noticeable amid so much screaming from the freaking corrupted angels.

Worse, so often the items were dropped outside visual range !!!

Just make the thing more obvious plz...I nearly left a legendary item on the ground more than once and only to pick it up completely by accident because I had to running corpse or got lost -_-#. I wonder how many more I missed

Please make the colour more obvious, or, MARK THE LEGENDARY DROP IN THE MINI-MAP Many huge thanks...

Help bump please this is gonna benefit all of us.
I wonder whose idea it was to even do them brown. Legendaries should be bright red or magenta or something. You can't miss green or bright red even in a bloody pool on the ground.
This is a good suggestion. But why only legendary items? Surely you can have some filter, where it lets you tick what items you want shown on the minimap.
Solution: make your hireling shout out like when an elite is nearby!

"A powerful item has dropped over there!"
08/24/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Moreir

Your point is ?

Well.. that is the point. It's exactly why you want it. To make the OP WW/Tornado build farm even faster than other classes (except maybe DH with Nat's and Trail of Cinders).

Great exactly so it is "because, even though it benefits everyone, but it benefits him more than me so I don't want it to benefit everyone even including me"?
So just because other people want this more than you do...you want to ruin others' day...ok I got it...Meeeh you kind exist in every corner of life even in gaming - -
08/24/2012 04:44 AMPosted by m4l1c10us
I wonder whose idea it was to even do them brown. Legendaries should be bright red or magenta or something. You can't miss green or bright red even in a bloody pool on the ground.

Guess it's just tradition it has been dark brown since d2 haven't played d1 but in d2 I always played with max screen res to get max visual range so monsters are rarely killed outside visual, unlike in D3
Edited by Biggerbelly#1299 on 8/24/2012 4:52 AM PDT
I think this is a feature that everyone wants, so let's not get the panties in a knot over things like "Somebody is going is benefit from this more than me". This should be implemented asap, especially with the recent boost in legendary stats/affixes.

If anybody wants to begrudge the WW Barb build, please take it outside. This is not the place.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]