Diablo® III

Mark Legendary drop in the mini-map plz

I think this is a feature that everyone wants, so let's not get the panties in a knot over things like "Somebody is going is benefit from this more than me". This should be implemented asap, especially with the recent boost in legendary stats/affixes.

If anybody wants to begrudge the WW Barb build, please take it outside. This is not the place.

Agree.
I don't even know why these ppl would begrudge others in the first place.
From all the spam clicking every item that drops for me I would have noticed a different item color. But I didn't know I had actually picked up a legendary until I looked in my inventory.

I was like 'whaaa?'

looool, same here, i never knew i picked up a legend until i looked in the inventory back to town...

Which gave me a horrible feeling......... just how many i've missed..... NOOOOOO!
Edited by amblin1983#1201 on 8/24/2012 4:59 AM PDT
08/24/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Lilwox
either you ppl are lucky as hell or are using some kind of hack

Buy some magic find gear, it's not a hack. I've found 8 legendaries since the patch.
A vibrant sound effect to go along would be nice too. Oh, and while you're at it could the game maybe scratch my back for me while I'm playing? There's this one spot I just can't seem to get!
Agree!
08/24/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Dibbletiki
either you ppl are lucky as hell or are using some kind of hack

Buy some magic find gear, it's not a hack. I've found 8 legendaries since the patch.

Lol so true.

Don't fall for the 5 NV guaranteed drop crap.

Which gave me a horrible feeling......... just how many i've missed..... NOOOOOO!

horrible feeling indeed :)

Well.. that is the point. It's exactly why you want it. To make the OP WW/Tornado build farm even faster than other classes (except maybe DH with Nat's and Trail of Cinders).

Great exactly so it is "because, even though it benefits everyone, but it benefits him more than me so I don't want it to benefit everyone even including me"?
So just because other people want this more than you do...you want to ruin others' day...ok I got it...Meeeh you kind exist in every corner of life even in gaming - -

It wouldn't benefit me. I can see all the loot that drops on my screen. I'm not 2 screens away when it drops. Why let the rich get richer?
better idea: auto loot.
would be nice to have this. I wonder how many legendaries i've left behind in the nado dust....
A loud distinct sound and mini map marker would be great. I've slowed down significantly since the patch simply to avoid missing anything.
I CONCUR! PATCH NAO!
like x10000...
Like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_v9RUE2nrw
Agree! Buuuuuuuuuuuuump!
I made a thread a while back about this exact thing. It died the natural forum death :(

I suggested to change the color OR put a super obvious and really distinct special sound effect when it drops..
You could try tweaking the colors, but yeah, the contrast between the legendary and ground of any color is not very high.

Plus, if you wait long enough, the item name will fade and unless you know it's there, the item "glow" isn't all that obvious. That happened to me in the Ruins Level 2. I was kiting one yellow and bumped into another. I killed one of them (they were both serpent magi, so no idea which one it was), but then I had to kite from the other. I finally killed him, picked up what loot would fit in my inventory, went back to town, sold off the blues, and went back to pick up the rest. If I hadn't been holding the ALT key down, I never would have noticed the legendary that dropped from the first yellow I killed. Mind you, this was before 1.04 and the legendary was nothing to write home about (806dps crossbow that Lyndon used until I found better), but it could have been tragic.
Maybe just brightening the shade of orange would help?
+1

Also, increase drop sound volume when legendary drops!
Edited by Taris#1168 on 8/24/2012 5:34 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]