Diablo® III

Mark Legendary drop in the mini-map plz

NO, every legendary u miss picking up makes the ones I find more valuable, NO minimap for legendaries, THIS ISNT CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 17
Yeah I agree Biggerbelly, I've almost overlooked a few myself. Glancing over, mistaking them. Its only a problem with the legendary color though. The neon green of set items works fine, I think a neon purple or something would stand out much better. I dunno tho, Im kind of color blind.
Going to agree on this one. They are still hard to see and whatever you did to the potions, they are even harder to see now then they were before. I like the idea of being able to turn off whites .. add blues to that. I only want potions, yellows and legendaries to show up. I too have almost missed legendaries (maybe did and I don't know it). I figure its my fault, older, eyes not so good, but apparently a lot of the young ones having problems too. What sound? LOL. All I hear is screaming. Love this game. Put the sound in an older persons hearing range please.

Is it possible to just have drops jump onto me like gold does? With a filter to turn off white and blues?
Legendaries should flash red and blue like a cop car and also have the siren like one, too! Sounds funny, but I honestly would like that.
I got a Legendary item just after the patch,, and it seems like the items are rolling lower not higher number ranges where as they had a more mid to med range before with no new stats and low stats for the level.. imo I would post the stats if the game were up atm.. but alas it is not... it seems like it is this way once too three times a week.

You seem to need a bigger screen, also I have mine set so I get wide screen view on a wider screen so I can see clear 2x as far side to side even if it frames the top and lower sections, it at least allows for view. problem with large views is it does use a lot of computer power to zoom out further and further.

Idk about can't see, but I don't seem to get the point of seeing, when they are all downgrades to my gear.. I have a sword that hits for about 1300 and so far I have not got a single L. Item that hits for over 1000, or even a lvl 60 drop at all from act 1- act 3 of inferno. which is how far I have gotten so far as now.. (I am just past ghom fight atm)
Edited by Darkblue006#1531 on 8/24/2012 6:51 AM PDT
Does anyone else smell chocolate when a legendary drops? That brown text...so rich and delicious.

But if you're seriously missing legendaries, adjust your display and/or open your eyes. That's your own fault.
really good idea sometimes when u are in a party ppl kill stuff and u dont see ur good items drop , if we can see legendary and set items on the mini map or the bigger full screen mini map it would be great
i want my brownies and greenies to poop butterflies
08/24/2012 06:41 AMPosted by SWOLLENTURD
SWOLLENTURD says, "hold alt."

Since this is not the first time someone said hold alt in this thread who obviously can't read and missed the point which others get, guess you guys don't know that you can make item drops always visible in theOptions?
Edited by Biggerbelly#1299 on 8/24/2012 6:50 AM PDT
Yeah! Happen to me once as well... Only saw it after walking back trying to find a waypoint
+100
I thought this issue will be addressed together with potions etc.
It's just too damn dark and the sound is so not noticeable amid so much screaming from the freaking corrupted angels.

Worse, so often the items were dropped outside visual range !!!

Just make the thing more obvious plz...I nearly left a legendary item on the ground more than once and only to pick it up completely by accident because I had to running corpse or got lost -_-#. I wonder how many more I missed

Please make the colour more obvious, or, MARK THE LEGENDARY DROP IN THE MINI-MAP Many huge thanks...

Help bump please this is gonna benefit all of us.

I hear the Alt and Crtl Key are hard to use. just like how hard this game is... or change the option to always display crap on the floor instead of using Alt.
Yea thats not a bad Idea...
or have an Arrow / Waypoint thingy pop up that leads you to the drop
or since they are so rare if one drops have them dump into your invintory automagicly

I always check around for drops so I don't miss anything. So far it has been 99% waste of time running around looking for missed loot.
Agreed 100%!!!
I thought this issue will be addressed together with potions etc.
It's just too damn dark and the sound is so not noticeable amid so much screaming from the freaking corrupted angels.

Worse, so often the items were dropped outside visual range !!!
Edit add: and how can I forget, this happens a lot in Public Games too

Just make the thing more obvious plz...I nearly left a legendary item on the ground more than once and only to pick it up completely by accident because I had to run corpse or got lost -_-#. I wonder how many more I missed

Please make the colour more obvious, or, MARK THE LEGENDARY DROP IN THE MINI-MAP Many huge thanks...

Help bump please this is gonna benefit all of us.

You, sir, are a genius.

Love the idea - one of the best.

EDIT: Sticky requested.
Edited by YZL#1900 on 8/24/2012 6:50 AM PDT
You can hit 'Alt' in game and it will display the names of all the items on the ground.

Aside from that, I don't think marking a legendary on the mini map makes sense. If they do that, then people will complain about elites not being marked... Or gold not marked... or even rares / blues... or goblins.... we'll end up having a cluttered mini map.

Maybe creating some animation marking the legendary is on the ground? Like some glowing aura.

EDIT: Originally typed bosses not marked... brain cramp... they are! Duh!
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 8/24/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Wait...legendary drops make a unique sound?

I wholly agree with the idea. I shiver thinking of all the legendaries I've missed in Public games...
Lol.

Next thing people will want is the exact location of legendary items BEFORE they drop haha.

Imo, it's your fault for being too quick in running around and not checking the drops before continuing.
another thing to do is toggle in the options menu with "alt" to enable them to sticky up so the tag stays up... which always gets me on to the second issue I have which is that I can't ignore and not view white items... they are trash I don't want to see... some times so is blue... some days I say to my self if only I could only see yellow orange and green... boy that would be great... mmmmm
NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. GOOD FIX!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]