Diablo® III

Mark Legendary drop in the mini-map plz

Lol.

Next thing people will want is the exact location of legendary items BEFORE they drop haha.

Imo, it's your fault for being too quick in running around and not checking the drops before continuing.

Ye it's my fault being too fast.
You honestly can't press Alt and walk around a bit?
Jeeze.
I believe white items are there for a reason from the perspective of game developer to somehow make the game more interesting, it won't go, never.
The types of colors are fine but just too dark.
I still love brown because I played D2 don't get me wrong but given the enlarged map size but reduced visual range in D3 it's just harder to see the dark brown word "Ring" amid mobs..
Well, for me on this issue,I will agree in that it is easy to have them drop and miss it when it doesn't happen on-screen. The lite-cymbal sound is so soft and high-pitched that I can hardly hear it when it's the only sound present.

My vote is to have the sound changed to like a big "gong" or something, that you hear clearly in what ever part of the game you are in if it drops for you anywhere ingame. I'm OK with having to hunt for it.. as long as it "CAN'T" despawn anything inside of like 4 hours.
Edited by Ironman#1599 on 8/24/2012 7:04 AM PDT
So you want it so that you don't have to actually go look for your drops? So that they are pointed out to you? I see them all the time but I guess that is only because I use ALT (SHOWS YOU THINGS ON GROUND). If you are not seeing the drop then open your eyes. Are you playing in your sleep? Is you screen turned extremely dark? There is also a function to show items on ground for 10 seconds so you are just too slow of a reader. That same function has 3 options. Also, the golden brown color is more than visible.

As for being outside range, the best fix would be to only grant you loot if you are within visual of the enemy. Then you wouldn't miss anything dropping off screen because nothing would.
Just use Alt and READ.
pressing the ALT button shows all the item names on the floor - i pretty much have the button smashed in half the time - i rarely miss items..
At the very least, extend the duration of dropped item names before they disappear and you must hit Alt. A few times I was running back through a dungeon and found a legendary I had missed just lying there on the ground...
I think Legendary items should have a unique sound like gems dropping and also GLOW with a gold glow that is very visible around them. Something to make it extra special when you get a level 62 legendary with 500 damage...
08/24/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Pak
pressing the ALT button shows all the item names on the floor - i pretty much have the button smashed in half the time - i rarely miss items..

You should just change the option from "press to show" to always show. Then when you hit alt it will enable the names all the time. So you don't have to worry about them disappearing.
Support 100%. This would be a small but effective addition in-game :)
So you want it so that you don't have to actually go look for your drops? So that they are pointed out to you? I see them all the time but I guess that is only because I use ALT (SHOWS YOU THINGS ON GROUND). If you are not seeing the drop then open your eyes. Are you playing in your sleep? Is you screen turned extremely dark? There is also a function to show items on ground for 10 seconds so you are just too slow of a reader. That same function has 3 options. Also, the golden brown color is more than visible.

As for being outside range, the best fix would be to only grant you loot if you are within visual of the enemy. Then you wouldn't miss anything dropping off screen because nothing would.
Just use Alt and READ.

LMAO you are the one who can't read and missed the whole point. Read again my post and some responses to see what we are talking about. We are not talking about the 'Alt' thing

Oh btw, are you not using the "Always Show Item Labels on Drop" with "Push to Toggle"? Another LMAO
Nah, if you really care about drops you will search every square inch of the place your running through.

edit: This game is not a race, kick back and kill, then loot. Everyone seems to be in such a rush these days.
Edited by Suedomsa#1857 on 8/24/2012 7:09 AM PDT
I nearly left a legendary item on the ground more than once and only to pick it up completely by accident because I had to run corpse or got lost -_-#. I wonder how many more I missed

Please make the colour more obvious, or, MARK THE LEGENDARY DROP IN THE MINI-MAP Many huge thanks...

Two evenings ago the same thing happened to me, I had to corpse run -_- and just happened to hit alt while running - there was a Legendary level 50 bow on the ground that I completely missed. As OP says, I wonder how many more I missed.

Try making the Orange color much brighter, or as suggested, show a bright orange dot on the mini-map.

08/24/2012 04:07 AMPosted by leprekan
The game hasn't been up long enough since the patch for most of us to have to worry about missing a legendary drop ...

Your argument is completely illogical. Just because the patch has not been out long does not mean it is not a problem that needs to be addressed.
08/24/2012 04:00 AMPosted by hongxing
If not allow option to always display text for legendary items.
If not, then allow option to always display text for legendary items. (So you can play with loot labels not always visible, except legendary loot labels.)

I took your message and made it even better! I think this suggestion is probably the best way to handle it unless the Op was already playing with loot labels always visible.
Edited by SirSteel#1419 on 8/24/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Signed, I died yesterday and THANKFULLY walked back to my friends cause the elite pack was terror AOE.. On my way i found legendary gloves on the ground.. Then later that day I got a butcher sickle drop on a white mob and BARELY saw it... Makes me think of how many legendaries ive potentially missed :(
How bout, if a legendary item drops, there will be a notice on your screen.. or something like you have unlock an achievement XD or the light the comes out on your body when u lvl up hahaha
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]