Diablo® III

Mark Legendary drop in the mini-map plz

+1 sir
Suggest Blizzard add glimmering to legendary and set item drops -- similar to character levelup.
agreed ! BUuuump
08/24/2012 07:08 AMPosted by AwakenedOne
You make it sound like it's so easy to get. I haven't even found 1 legend and I'm lvl 9 paragon.

Ooops just bad luck I think, they will come sooner or later don't worry :)
Just get higher MF til at 300+75 :p
Why are some people so against this? So because you don't have the common sense to farm efficiently the game should punish everyone who does it better than you? Anyone missing a legendary is a tragedy. Blizzard should totally fix this.
People that are sayin press "alt" or "take a sec to look" or "i see them just fine".....

Perhaps none of you ever have to "kite" elites around, and if you are so godlike that you never have to kite or move in inferno Act 3 or 4 then more power to ya.

For me, I have to kite. Quite a bit on some affixes, molten/fire chains/desecratoe etc etc etc.

So when I started killing things I really don't know exactly where I ran/what I killed while running etc.

This is with any of the charecters I play. I just don't see how you can be against this....are you also mad they increased the sound for gem drops? Does that irritate you so much?

Very good post OP, ignore the hatin trollers, most think they are leets, with giant e-peens, and most don't get that we can read their profiles.....

+1000
At first I thought: this is silly, but then I guess I can see the utility of it in public games.

But now I'm like "if you weren't there for the item drop, you weren't there for it." Better keep up to speed with the pack and try going to town together.
Yes mark the minimap. I'd like to propose something more. Make the drop moment legendary. Its a phase in the user experience, like how the ID-ing draws upon anticipation. I would like to see an elaborate animation like when you lvl up, with accompanying glorious sound fx.
Normally I wouldn't agree, but something interesting happened to me the other day.

A friend joined my game (so the Elite pack got a boost in HP). I was prepared to kill the Elites with roughly 1k hp remaining. HP boost eff'd my calculations and I died. After respawning I walked through an area I had ALREADY CLEARED OF ITEMS and I saw it. A legendary item sitting all alone.

Suffice to say I had a mild heart attack when I realized I could have left it behind. It then dawned upon me I've likely 'missed' 5-10 Legendary Items because they drop a few seconds after other items. I almost cried.

Marking them on the mini-map is interesting. I'd also like a specific sound effect. A Diablo version of "Winning the Jackpot" if you would. No bells or whistles needed though.
they changed the color of potions to a lighter shade of blue, you'd think Blizz could make Legendary items another color. it's annoying.

i don't think i've gotten a set piece drop, are those GREEN?
What a great idea!
Blizzard hire this guy, would definitely help deaf, colorblind and other disababilties as well
08/24/2012 07:12 AMPosted by NahtanoJ
Why are some people so against this? So because you don't have the common sense to farm efficiently the game should punish everyone who does it better than you? Anyone missing a legendary is a tragedy. Blizzard should totally fix this.

Exactly.

Further, this is not a nerf or a buff to a monster or to a character but just for efficient game operation just like the addition of 6 affix search in AH.
Edited by Biggerbelly#1299 on 8/24/2012 7:24 AM PDT
i have a better option. how about no grey or white drops at all in hell or higher
08/24/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Annatar
i have a better option. how about no grey or white drops at all in hell or higher

I hope that is true too but grey and whites are there for the developer to make ppl appreciate anything else so they won't go
Titan Quest trained me to hold down ALT whenever I'm out of combat so I won't miss out on any hidden piles of loot.
Sorry, what does legendary drop sound like now? There are 2 sounds which I didn't know what they were.
bump
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]