Diablo® III

Mark Legendary drop in the mini-map plz

Part of Diablo is analyzing the drops and deciphering what is worth taking or not.

This isn't a horrible idea, but it's not really necessary.

The legendary items are colored differently for a reason.

If you overlook a good item, then it's really just fault of your own.

So many people complain about nerfing.

This is like nerfing your own intelligence/attention span.

In my opinion, I think the fact that it's possible to overlook an item makes it that much more exciting when you do see one.
Edited by Cstanner17#1266 on 8/24/2012 7:32 AM PDT
People that are sayin press "alt" or "take a sec to look" or "i see them just fine".....

Perhaps none of you ever have to "kite" elites around, and if you are so godlike that you never have to kite or move in inferno Act 3 or 4 then more power to ya.

For me, I have to kite. Quite a bit on some affixes, molten/fire chains/desecratoe etc etc etc.

So when I started killing things I really don't know exactly where I ran/what I killed while running etc.

This is with any of the charecters I play. I just don't see how you can be against this....are you also mad they increased the sound for gem drops? Does that irritate you so much?

Very good post OP, ignore the hatin trollers, most think they are leets, with giant e-peens, and most don't get that we can read their profiles.....

+1000

Sprint + WW = kiting all the time, huh? More like you sprint through an entire level being a WW barb, so you miss things in your mad dash through white packs.

Once again, try taking a second and paying attention.

Do you play public games? Do you know how often your teammate killed a monster outside your visual range? Do you want to be that selfish player who keeps slowing down the team so you can check the drop while the others have moved out?

Oh yes people can see your profile and what you say will mostly be judged by that LMAO. If you are still stuck in Act 1 or Hell I wonder why you hate others getting awesome legendary items.
Edited by Biggerbelly#1299 on 8/24/2012 7:30 AM PDT
agree.

almost missed legendary items so many times.
goood idea.
THEY CANT !!! XD

btw, agree.
Part of Diablo is analyzing the drops and deciphering what is worth taking or not.

This isn't a horrible idea, but it's not really necessary.

The legendary items are colored differently for a reason.

If you overlook a good item, then it's really just fault of your own. So many people complain about nerfing.

This is like nerfing your own intelligence/attention span.

Just one interesting pattern in this thread, everyone here who says no has an amazing profile page.
Agree, Add to the mini map pls.
Im a noob and I approve this message!
Yea my minion killed a standard mob while i was chasing an elite pack, by chasing I mean running from. I saw her up to the top messing around with a standard mob but was busy trying to stay alive. I went back only because I was headed that way and there it was I would have totally missed it had it not been for that fact.

So please do something, anything when it comes to a Legendary Items.
Edited by mofoafro#1331 on 8/24/2012 7:33 AM PDT
I honestly think they should do it, but with a fixed margin around the character, say, almost all the area on the mini-map. To the day, quest stuff are shown on the map as yellow, some enemies on red or purple. So rares showing is not practical.
Include Legendaries as Orange dots and Set items as Green dots. It will help, it will not be gamebreaking and seeing it isn't the same as programming a bot to see it and go for it.
Thumbs up!
signed
If a legendary drops, the enemies should all de-aggro and start clapping and cheering while confetti rains down from the ceiling and the words "CONGRATS BRO, YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF A LEGENDARY!" flash across your screen.

Then the legendary item automatically adds itself to your inventory as you lose all control of your character. A small cutscene cinematic plays where you see the in-game loot window of the item, then enter a 30-second 3D model view of the item, like Skyrim's loading screen.

Or you could pay attention.

Hahahaa +1 bro.

Some kind of trash filter would be an awesome addition. It'd be nice to be able to have an option to disable all white and grey drops, as well as to define the drop levels for blues and yellows. It's frustrating and time consuming to go alt-ctrl all the time.
This would be a cool feature to have on an item, like a treasure hunter's ring or something
i think they should also change the colour of the legendary items. Back then in D2, the uniques were bright gold and very outstanding. The current colour of the legendary can easily blend into the ground, especially in caves with brown-coloured ground. Prompting us in the mini-map would be a useful addition too.

Also, albeit unrelated to this topic, it would be great if there was a freaking way to identify all rare items at once. Right clicking every rare is a total waste of time don't you guys think so?
Think of all the legendary items deaf players are missing? I'm saying that changing a sound doesn't make a difference for every players.
This wasn't an issue for me til I made a MF DH... I am terrified that I'm going to kill something off screen, have it be amazing, and never know. So I am always running back and forth checking.
08/24/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Messiah
Also, albeit unrelated to this topic, it would be great if there was a freaking way to identify all rare items at once. Right clicking every rare is a total waste of time don't you guys think so?

Completely agree!
+1 for legendaries/set in the mini map!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]