Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 LOL! Plus random rants.

Instant level 80? Since when if it is there it's a glitch.

"Yeah lets make a whole game with a world full of questing and leveling zones but make it so you can get instant max level"

Doesn't sound right does it

Have you played GW2? WvW instantly levels you to 80 while your inside... It's lame... Since the game is pretty much PvP focused (75%), why would I waste 50+ hours leveling to 80 per class? DERP..... And the gear is all the same... There is nothing... You are MEsmer X, Necromancer X, just like Joe and Bill...

Same can be said for WoW, except in WoW there was an element of skill.... DPS rotations, healing, and tanking.... In GW2, you have 5 primary skills which require no thought at all... I can literally put lead in my mouth and then drool on my keyboard so its heavy enough to press a key and BAM, I killed a monster. Then you have 5 more "support skills", like self-heals... WHOOP WHOOP! REVOLUTIONARY! More like, DEVOLUTIONARY. c wat I did der?

It's official, you are an idiot....
Reply Quote
I need to give it more time, but I bought GW2 because of hype, and played about 2 hours.
And honestly it was painful, i didn't enjoy it pretty much at all.

Don't get me wrong, the game is gorgeous, graphic wise its so far above D3 & WoW its not funny. But I dunno, I just didn't like it, I was so excited once it finished downloading to play, and the "it" factor never took hold, then it crashed on me and I was kinda glad to be honest, I didnt log back in.

I got the "it" factor with Everquest, Call of Heroes, WoW, Diablo 1,2,3, SWTOR heck even ShadowBane did, to me its kinda like EQ2, that one never hooked me either.

I am going to try to give it more time, (since I just paid $80 for it).
But honestly SWTOR was 50x better gameplay, i don't really have a desire to play at this time, but I will force myself too.

Maybe I just need to give it more time, but frankly im only going to continue to play because I sunk $80 into it. I wish I had done beta, I'd have an extra $80 in my pocket now.

It's pretty , Ill give it that.
Edited by Masta#1822 on 8/25/2012 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The only thing I read was. DAoC...

AWWWWW... those were the times. one of the best experiences I had in an mmor besides vanilla wow and the 1st expansion.

Telesca the Battle druid would bring havoc and wreck all :D
Reply Quote

Have you played GW2? WvW instantly levels you to 80 while your inside... It's lame... Since the game is pretty much PvP focused (75%), why would I waste 50+ hours leveling to 80 per class? DERP..... And the gear is all the same... There is nothing... You are MEsmer X, Necromancer X, just like Joe and Bill...

Same can be said for WoW, except in WoW there was an element of skill.... DPS rotations, healing, and tanking.... In GW2, you have 5 primary skills which require no thought at all... I can literally put lead in my mouth and then drool on my keyboard so its heavy enough to press a key and BAM, I killed a monster. Then you have 5 more "support skills", like self-heals... WHOOP WHOOP! REVOLUTIONARY! More like, DEVOLUTIONARY. c wat I did der?

and you are apparently the unintelligent person who did zero research on the game and still pre-ordered.

smart.

edit : and no I am no fanboying GW2. It has problems - but then again every game that comes out today has glaring flaws . It is kind of scary - its like the gaming industry is moving backwards
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 8/25/2012 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Instant level 80? Since when if it is there it's a glitch.

"Yeah lets make a whole game with a world full of questing and leveling zones but make it so you can get instant max level"

Doesn't sound right does it

lol in WvW, even you are boost to 80, your gear from pve will effect your stats too..

alot of people including me have no problem with 20+ skills to use..please stop saying the game is bad when you doesnt have skill to play it..but you are right, the game is not meant for you..you need skill *cough*
Reply Quote

But honestly SWTOR was 50x better gameplay.

Really....? I played starwars for literally 15 minutes and was like "wow this is so bad" I uninstalled and never looked back.

I'm loving guild wars it's quite fun. A lot of people don't like change so the fact that it's not a wow clone is it's advantage and disadvantage.
Reply Quote
Please stop making GW2 with rants, that are just random and isn't really a legitimate rant but more like a moment of stupidity. Balanced PVP is where it's at, only max level allowed to put everyone on same playing field. That's a good core for a competitive game.

Not this pay to win crap...
Reply Quote

and you are apparently the unintelligent person who did zero research on the game and still pre-ordered.

smart.

edit : and no I am no fanboying GW2. It has problems - but then again every game that comes out today has glaring flaws . It is kind of scary - its like the gaming industry is moving backwards

I do research... I buy all MMORPG's and play them. It's called reality. I can read about a game all I want, but if I never play it, I have no real opinion or view.

I played beta, it sucked me in because of the public quests. The only good thing about Warhammer. I figured, GW2, they should know better, right? Well, it turns out, GW2 is no better than Warhammer. They are equal in release. Warhammer actually had a cooler item system than GW2... And quite possibly cooler classes... GW2 has nothing going for it except for hype...

The world is setup in a clever way. Makes the "non-thinkers" feel like you are in a huge world. Look at the world map for a second. Look at where you are.... STarting zone right? Except its not a starting zone, it's human area, sylvari area, whatever.... These zones arent that massive and they contain 7-10 public quests.... Ok, so there are 6-7 zones? In which, 3-4 of them are starting zones for your race? Grats.... You can now do the same thing over and over in a playground (Not a sandbox). Swing the same swing, until you derp into reality of what GW2 really is. A small game with huge hype. WvW is the only cool concept out of the entire game... I will admit, my time in WvW was puzzling.... I starred at a door for 35 minutes attacking people through a door. I won't judge it based on that... But I will judge the game based on what I have seen... It's a very small game.... Barely any PvE.... Same public quests with a few dungeons... big deal, gear doesnt matter.... Then you just PvP.... WHy not just play League of Legends? WHy not just play CoD? Counterstrike? All PvP games...

GW2 thinks it knows what MMO's do... But they fell very short... THere is no skill involved, just X class vs Y class.... What weapon did they choose today John? 1 1 2 4 or 1 3 1 5? Roll it!
Reply Quote

But honestly SWTOR was 50x better gameplay.

Really....? I played starwars for literally 15 minutes and was like "wow this is so bad" I uninstalled and never looked back.

I'm loving guild wars it's quite fun. A lot of people don't like change so the fact that it's not a wow clone is it's advantage and disadvantage.

Hopefully, my 2nd impression improves drastically, I WANT to like it, but my first 2 hours were painful, if it wasn't for the amazing graphics i might not of even lasted that long.

Maybe it will be better tomorrow. :)
Reply Quote
I need to give it more time, but I bought GW2 because of hype, and played about 2 hours.
And honestly it was painful, i didn't enjoy it pretty much at all.

Don't get me wrong, the game is gorgeous, graphic wise its so far above D3 & WoW its not funny. But I dunno, I just didn't like it, I was so excited once it finished downloading to play, and the "it" factor never took hold, then it crashed on me and I was kinda glad to be honest, I didnt log back in.

It's pretty , Ill give it that.

Oh yeah, I like the water brush art style for GW2. It's really nice.
Reply Quote
honestly the only MMO that did anything different in the past 5 years is Tera, the combat system is un-matched, the only flaw with that game is that the end game is still in production.... but then again every mmo has no end-game cause all you do is repeat endgame content over and over (aka WoW sitting in town waiting for raid queue to pop for the guzilianth time).

Im just gona flat out state it.... GW2 sucks, D3 sucks, Tera is "ok" but lacks a meaningful end-game/makes up for it with some pvp but the MMO community as a whole isn't willing to give the game a chance IMO.

Looking forward to Lineage Eternal honestly... atleast its different than other MMORPG'S

All this says is that you enjoy bad games lol
Reply Quote
"every mmo has no end-game cause all you do is repeat endgame content over and over"

Endgame DAoC.

realm vs Realm raids. awesome!
Reply Quote
good job feeding the troll /thread
Reply Quote
honestly the only MMO that did anything different in the past 5 years is Tera, the combat system is un-matched, the only flaw with that game is that the end game is still in production.... but then again every mmo has no end-game cause all you do is repeat endgame content over and over (aka WoW sitting in town waiting for raid queue to pop for the guzilianth time).

Im just gona flat out state it.... GW2 sucks, D3 sucks, Tera is "ok" but lacks a meaningful end-game/makes up for it with some pvp but the MMO community as a whole isn't willing to give the game a chance IMO.

Looking forward to Lineage Eternal honestly... atleast its different than other MMORPG'S

Sort of agree with Tera. I liked the unique combat.... The problem is that it still used the classic "tank and healer"... So dungeon groups took forever... ANother issue was monster HP... Some of the monsters took years to kill and top that off with barely any reward...

I hope there isa developer out there that takes all facts as a grain of salt. Takes simple things that worked and uses it. And then finally in 10 years, we will have a great game.

Honestly, the perfect MMO to me right now would be this:

Action RPG combat similar to Tera... Sandbox style of play (AKA, HUGE world map and there is no direction, you just explore and find stuff), anyone can play this game (casual or hardcore), you login and explore, find equipment and either band together to form tribes or clans or go out solo as a hunter and kill people... Full looting system... Auction house available in your inventory (Doesn't need to be realistic, think abstract.... Look at Archlord)... The game would have no instances, no queues, just one big world. And if the server is full, there would be a queue to login... ONE server.... Ever... 500,000+ players... WHo is the strongest? WHo lasted the longest without dying? WHo is the hunter? Who is the hunted? It could have an open ended skill system.... No classes, just skill points (Sort of like Earthrise)

REMINDER: The reason why WoW was so successful is that is took ideas and concepts of previous games (a good idea) and refined them in a simple way...

This needs to be done again, except for the past 6-8 years of newer MMO's. Take what they did right and mold it into a great game. Look at games like: Archlord, Dragonica, Atlantica, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Lineage 2, Aion, APB............ List can go on forever.... Every game does at least one thing right... Out of every MMO that was released in the past 10 years, I can list at least one thing they did right.
Reply Quote
Everyone should try the POE(Path of Exile) closed beta for 10$. Best thing I have seen close to D3 and it's from an indie company. Yea the server sucks and the fighting seems kinda clunky(not big hit boxes on monsters). But the gem skill system and passive skill tree are insane. Only 2 act and no voice overs but it's getting there. For 10$ it's worth it. I played on toon beat the first level now onto cruel. Haven't played in days since the new D3 patch.

I have had some issues with areas resetting, not being there for boss kills, etc.

I have encouraged all my D3 friends to at least take a look at it.

It's actually very funny because everyone in the general chat all they do it talk about D3.. I chuckle every time I am on. For a game they say they hate they sure do talk about it a lot. lol

Like I said for 10$ it's worth a couple hours to check it out. You can buy higher level package and get your name in the credits but who care about that crap. " oh did you see my name in the 3 hour credits roll I was a beta tester" really?? You and 10,000 other people. lol
Reply Quote
Everyone should try the POE(Path of Exile) closed beta for 10$. Best thing I have seen close to D3 and it's from an indie company. Yea the server sucks and the fighting seems kinda clunky(not big hit boxes on monsters). But the gem skill system and passive skill tree are insane. Only 2 act and no voice overs but it's getting there. For 10$ it's worth it. I played on toon beat the first level now onto cruel. Haven't played in days since the new D3 patch.

I have had some issues with areas resetting, not being there for boss kills, etc.

I have encouraged all my D3 friends to at least take a look at it.

It's actually very funny because everyone in the general chat all they do it talk about D3.. I chuckle every time I am on. For a game they say they hate they sure do talk about it a lot. lol

Like I said for 10$ it's worth a couple hours to check it out. You can buy higher level package and get your name in the credits but who care about that crap. " oh did you see my name in the 3 hour credits roll I was a beta tester" really?? You and 10,000 other people. lol

Path of Exile has it's up's and downs just like D3. While the customization and economy are unique, you can't deny the fact that the combat feels very clunky. The skills are bland and a lot of them are unbalanced. Look at pets for example, useless... I have a lot of respect for the creators of Path of Exile though. Free-to-play, long development time, indie company.... Incredible....

I'm more excited for Marvel Heroes than I am for PoE. Created by the original developers who made D1 and D2... I love how people flame them for Hellgate London. I loved hellgate... Had it's flaws, but if you were to revamp that game, it would have been something else. The biggest flaw was the retarded subway system and the linear quest design! WHY!? WHYYYYYYYYY!? The actual gameplay was awesome... Drop system felt like Diablo, but then you had this lame linear quest hub in a subway... Really!? I understand it's the demon apocolypse.... Perfect example of why games shouldn't take things too literal and be more abstract.

EDIT: Funny I mention abstract and literal.... D2 had a very abstract way of thinking of the story. D1 was even more abstract than D2... It drew your imagination in... D3 literally gives you the details in which we wish we didn't know. "I was-No!-I AM Tyreal!" or ANY quote by Diablo...That is not the only hellrift, if you destroy my other hellrift, you will cause me great discomfort and my plan will fail!" And as you kill the last hellrift, "You are too late, I'm waiting for you upstairs so you can fight me and win.... Come at me nephalem! Come at me bro!" Followed by 50 million dollar CG.... Why is there all this useless and annoying dialogue? D1/D2 story was so cool because it was abstract and it never told you 100% of what was going on. Just, BAAL! OMG! or.... Diablo was a child!? OMG!
Edited by Raserei#1287 on 8/25/2012 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like to see how GW2 is like, since I bought it.

But then again, I can't even log in.

Well! You're only logical recourse is to hop on Metacritic and give it a score of 1 or lower. That'll learn em.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]