Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 LOL! Plus random rants.

If you even think the new panda game is better than GW2... omg the things fanboys say these days..
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
08/25/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Spinxed
You are a worgen and complaining about character movement? that's just cute. It's obvious you have a bias in WoWs favor.

Oh wait I see what you're doing. Let me try your fun game too! *clears throat and forces himself to speak in an unflattering falsetto* Whaa! Go back to your NC Soft Forums you fanboy! Whaaa!

Now that that's over, yes maybe I do have a bit of bias. Blizzard makes ace games. Maybe I did come off a bit blunt and I am sorry for that. And to be fair, the beta gameplay I did try was from 4 months back. So it could be different as all get out by now.

That said, I'm no more biased then you weirdos who clamber onto this forum letting us all know how much Starwars:The Old Republic, Tera and now Guild Wars 2 is going to crush the games you dislike. The only difference is I don't troll a forum to inflate my own diminished sense of worth and hope to denigrate other people in the process.

Seriously, grow up already.
Edited by Cameroo#1235 on 8/25/2012 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Well! You're only logical recourse is to hop on Metacritic and give it a score of 1 or lower. That'll learn em.

Naa he probably rants against D3.

If I were to rate D3 after launch after leveling all 5 classes to 60 in the first week, I would give D3 a womping 5/10.....

After patch 1.03, they made inferno a little bit less masochistic... I would rate it 6/10....

After patch 1.04, they buffed skills, (not all, but some, its a start) they made certain champion affixes suck less, increased the drop rate, and revamped legendaries.... I would rate it a 7/10.............................

This game needs a lot to really get to that 8/10 or 9/10 rating..... 4 difficulties of the same thing? 1-59 being boring because of a junk drop rate even after 1.04? Level 60 being boring because you have a chance to find ilvl 61-63 and then after that chance, you have another chance of it being something decent... AKA you are gonna be upset most of the time. And then every lunar eclipse you find a legendary... And if you are a demon hunter, it will most likely be a sword.... gg..............................

Google search "Book of Creativity".... Buy it, then eat it... Maybe superstition will kick in and cool things will happen.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Reginalt
You are a worgen and complaining about character movement? that's just cute. It's obvious you have a bias in WoWs favor.

Oh wait I see what you're doing. Let me try your fun game too! *clears throat and forces himself to speak in an unflattering falsetto* Whaa! Go back to your NC Soft Forums you fanboy! Whaaa!

Now that that's over, yes maybe I do have a bit of bias. Blizzard makes ace games. Maybe I did come off a bit blunt and I am sorry for that. But, It's arguable that even a bad Blizzard game beats out most tripe pushed out by other companies here (Which Diablo 3 was definitely NOT by the way). And I'm no more biased then you chumps who clamber onto this forum letting us all know how much Starwars:The Old Republic, Tera and now Guild Wars 2 is going to crush the games you dislike. The only difference is I don't troll a forum to inflate my own diminished sense of worth and hope to denigrate other people in the process.

Not a fan boy at all... I just think worgens have the most terrible walk/run ann all of wow.. I had to race change because of it.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Raserei
The only people who will understand what I'm talking about are old-school gamers. Players who played through EQ, DAoC, Shadowbane, UO... Whatever... We have all this new technology and it seems to be diminishing gameplay and only enhancing graphics.

Nothing will ever compare to UO and SB :(
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Spinxed

Now that that's over, yes maybe I do have a bit of bias. Blizzard makes ace games. Maybe I did come off a bit blunt and I am sorry for that. But, It's arguable that even a bad Blizzard game beats out most tripe pushed out by other companies here (Which Diablo 3 was definitely NOT by the way). And I'm no more biased then you chumps who clamber onto this forum letting us all know how much Starwars:The Old Republic, Tera and now Guild Wars 2 is going to crush the games you dislike. The only difference is I don't troll a forum to inflate my own diminished sense of worth and hope to denigrate other people in the process.

Not a fan boy at all... I just think worgens have the most terrible walk/run ann all of wow.. I had to race change because of it.

I don't agree but I see what your saying. I had the same feeling with Draenei male running... Got used to it though... The draenei male run reminded me of the most unintelligent football player ever in high school and he just started running, not fast, just enough to make it look like a run. That's the male draenei for me.
Reply Quote
GW2 has been so overhyped I can hardly imagine it actually living up to it. The whole insta lvl to 80 for pvp seems like a rookie mistake for an mmo to make...I think you have to incentivize your players to put in the time to get the best gear and achieve max level themselves...otherwise the longevity of the game is in serious jeopardy.

I think the future of the mmo genre lies in open world ARPGs as players are tired of traditional mmo combat...something like the elder scrolls mmo (if its done in the style of the earlier games). I would personally love to see an mmo based on dark souls.
Edited by Fusrodah#1817 on 8/25/2012 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 02:25 AMPosted by beholder
The only people who will understand what I'm talking about are old-school gamers. Players who played through EQ, DAoC, Shadowbane, UO... Whatever... We have all this new technology and it seems to be diminishing gameplay and only enhancing graphics.

Nothing will ever compare to UO and SB :(

Seriously, what happened to gamers?

If I recall correctly, back then, there was still a 9-5 job, right? Yet, people played EQ, DAoC, UO, SB, AC.... No complaints.... Just played and played, lost sleep... In fact, when I was 14 years old, I played EQ from 3PM when I got home until 3AM, slept 3 hours until I woke up for the bus at 6AM. That was when I was 14. I have vivid memories of grinding orcs and spiders with a player named "Albric" outside of Halas/Permafrost, literally everyday for about 2 weeks... EQ was seriously something else... And that is exactly what it was and that is exactly why developers can't create something better. They can't see exactly what it was. I remember asking how to get to the Desert of Ro and I was from Halas.... Took me almost an entire day to get there... Crossed Nekultos Forest, hopped on a boat, ran and ran.... Hoping I didn't die, because if I did, gg... I would need to corpse run naked or pay for a ressurect.

The one MMO that looks cool in the future is Elder Scrolls. They just announced a "perma-death" system and old-school style of gameplay.

Now, people need it all spoonfed to them. I should say the majority.... Did we all give birth to lazy gamers? What happened?
Reply Quote
honestly the only MMO that did anything different in the past 5 years is Tera, the combat system is un-matched, the only flaw with that game is that the end game is still in production.... but then again every mmo has no end-game cause all you do is repeat endgame content over and over (aka WoW sitting in town waiting for raid queue to pop for the guzilianth time).

Im just gona flat out state it.... GW2 sucks, D3 sucks, Tera is "ok" but lacks a meaningful end-game/makes up for it with some pvp but the MMO community as a whole isn't willing to give the game a chance IMO.

Looking forward to Lineage Eternal honestly... atleast its different than other MMORPG'S

I was really excited about TERA due to the anime style as well as the non target combat system. I got bored faster than I thought I would though.

The combat system was a step in the right direction to me, but felt unpolished. For all the problems Diablo 3 has, the combat just feels smooth, which is a feeling that I didn't get with TERA.

Also, TERA's skills look very similar, although granted I really only gave the heavy sword time. Maybe it was just that the skills weren't flashy enough to me. For the time being, my sub is cancelled. If they ever fine tune the combat system, I feel that would make the game for me.
Reply Quote
honestly the only MMO that did anything different in the past 5 years is Tera, the combat system is un-matched, the only flaw with that game is that the end game is still in production.... but then again every mmo has no end-game cause all you do is repeat endgame content over and over (aka WoW sitting in town waiting for raid queue to pop for the guzilianth time).

Im just gona flat out state it.... GW2 sucks, D3 sucks, Tera is "ok" but lacks a meaningful end-game/makes up for it with some pvp but the MMO community as a whole isn't willing to give the game a chance IMO.

Looking forward to Lineage Eternal honestly... atleast its different than other MMORPG'S

I was really excited about TERA due to the anime style as well as the non target combat system. I got bored faster than I thought I would though.

The combat system was a step in the right direction to me, but felt unpolished. For all the problems Diablo 3 has, the combat just feels smooth, which is a feeling that I didn't get with TERA.

Also, TERA's skills look very similar, although granted I really only gave the heavy sword time. Maybe it was just that the skills weren't flashy enough to me. For the time being, my sub is cancelled. If they ever fine tune the combat system, I feel that would make the game for me.

Combat owns in D3... Problem is the world and it's mechanics. Kite, kite, kite (unless your a monk or barbarian).... Then get no reward... In D2, drop rate wasn't amazing, but at least we didnt't need to kite mobs for 5 years... Another issue is the failed exploration... It's funny that they nerfed chests... Why would I explore? Why wouldn't I skip everything until a champion pack or boss? Your vision in beta was exploration and now you nerfed it to hard.... RE-vamp exploration in 1.05 or something.... Chests, side dungeons...

PS: I was... I am---TYREAL!
Reply Quote
shadowbane.. now theres a game u dont hear mentioned often.

we griefed alot of ppl in that one. if only they could have polished it and made it more stable.

either way it's one of the best games of all times.
Reply Quote
Everyone should try the POE(Path of Exile) closed beta for 10$. Best thing I have seen close to D3 and it's from an indie company. Yea the server sucks and the fighting seems kinda clunky(not big hit boxes on monsters). But the gem skill system and passive skill tree are insane. Only 2 act and no voice overs but it's getting there. For 10$ it's worth it. I played on toon beat the first level now onto cruel. Haven't played in days since the new D3 patch.

I have had some issues with areas resetting, not being there for boss kills, etc.

I have encouraged all my D3 friends to at least take a look at it.

It's actually very funny because everyone in the general chat all they do it talk about D3.. I chuckle every time I am on. For a game they say they hate they sure do talk about it a lot. lol

Like I said for 10$ it's worth a couple hours to check it out. You can buy higher level package and get your name in the credits but who care about that crap. " oh did you see my name in the 3 hour credits roll I was a beta tester" really?? You and 10,000 other people. lol

Path of Exile has it's up's and downs just like D3. While the customization and economy are unique, you can't deny the fact that the combat feels very clunky. The skills are bland and a lot of them are unbalanced. Look at pets for example, useless... I have a lot of respect for the creators of Path of Exile though. Free-to-play, long development time, indie company.... Incredible....

I'm more excited for Marvel Heroes than I am for PoE. Created by the original developers who made D1 and D2... I love how people flame them for Hellgate London. I loved hellgate... Had it's flaws, but if you were to revamp that game, it would have been something else. The biggest flaw was the retarded subway system and the linear quest design! WHY!? WHYYYYYYYYY!? The actual gameplay was awesome... Drop system felt like Diablo, but then you had this lame linear quest hub in a subway... Really!? I understand it's the demon apocolypse.... Perfect example of why games shouldn't take things too literal and be more abstract.

Yes the game play is clunky not sure I would call the skills bland. My toon I went for cold damage so my frost nova, snap,a and ice cluuber(can't remember the name) all do alot of damage.

Everyone rants and raves how great D2 was i couldn't get past the fact that every time I died I dropped my gear. What's the point of getting a godly wep when if you die it drop in the middle of a mob. I actually went back to it recently and still can't get over the drop your gear bit. Maybe I need someone to help me L2P. I have the expansion pack I would like to give it a solid try. Maybe read the guide maybe that would help lol, But I'm an IT guy like to figure things out myself maybe D2 I just can't maybe I am doing something wrong. Like I can't figure out how to map skills to 1,2,3, or 4?
That and I can not get connected to battle.net with D2 and its a legit copy.

Guild Wars trailers look cool but so did D3 and we all know how that worked out. Also not to keen on the whole open world bit. I like more structured games where I know where I am going. Skyium forget it I was lost. That and the blacksmith thing u need this to make that and this to make that, seemed to be to much work with little reward. Think I got past the first quest killing the dragon. I don't remember.

I liked the Devil May Cry games and Mass Effect all 3. Yea I could hack the games and give myself anything I wanted and face roll the game still fun. The last Devil May cray and Mass Effect 3 were bad !@#. No one like the Mass Effect ending I did if you did all 3 choices one showed you a glimmer that there could be a 4th. I thought the fights in the last devil may cry were awesome, and the levels were hard even after hacking it and giving myself unlimited orbs and whatever skills I wanted.

I've played pretty much every new RPG PC game out in the past 2 years.
Bioshock OK
Halif Life 2 first episode not bad 2nd didn't play it that much.
Duke Nuke em hilarious he's getting a BJ from 2 girls right in the beginning of the game(couldnt get xbox controller to work)
Racing games loved them all the Need for Speed hack them give your self any car and as much money as you want.
The Darkness II really cool plan to go back to that one.
Dead Space looks really cool (can't get controller to work)
Aliens vs Predator looks awesome can get to work right on my machine.
Fall Out 3 to much talking( got rave reviews)

I like what they did with D3 with the the online content that means no hacks, I am sure there are some out there but not going to risk a ban or virus to try them. This means they can change the content anytime they want..
Reply Quote

Really....? I played starwars for literally 15 minutes and was like "wow this is so bad" I uninstalled and never looked back.

I'm loving guild wars it's quite fun. A lot of people don't like change so the fact that it's not a wow clone is it's advantage and disadvantage.

Hopefully, my 2nd impression improves drastically, I WANT to like it, but my first 2 hours were painful, if it wasn't for the amazing graphics i might not of even lasted that long.

Maybe it will be better tomorrow. :)

The game is REALLY meant for partying. Read up on the combo system before you go back, it's interesting.
Reply Quote

Path of Exile has it's up's and downs just like D3. While the customization and economy are unique, you can't deny the fact that the combat feels very clunky. The skills are bland and a lot of them are unbalanced. Look at pets for example, useless... I have a lot of respect for the creators of Path of Exile though. Free-to-play, long development time, indie company.... Incredible....

I'm more excited for Marvel Heroes than I am for PoE. Created by the original developers who made D1 and D2... I love how people flame them for Hellgate London. I loved hellgate... Had it's flaws, but if you were to revamp that game, it would have been something else. The biggest flaw was the retarded subway system and the linear quest design! WHY!? WHYYYYYYYYY!? The actual gameplay was awesome... Drop system felt like Diablo, but then you had this lame linear quest hub in a subway... Really!? I understand it's the demon apocolypse.... Perfect example of why games shouldn't take things too literal and be more abstract.

Yes the game play is clunky not sure I would call the skills bland. My toon I went for cold damage so my frost nova, snap,a and ice cluuber(can't remember the name) all do alot of damage.

Everyone rants and raves how great D2 was i couldn't get past the fact that every time I died I dropped my gear. What's the point of getting a godly wep when if you die it drop in the middle of a mob. I actually went back to it recently and still can't get over the drop your gear bit. Maybe I need someone to help me L2P. I have the expansion pack I would like to give it a solid try. Maybe read the guide maybe that would help lol, But I'm an IT guy like to figure things out myself maybe D2 I just can't maybe I am doing something wrong. Like I can't figure out how to map skills to 1,2,3, or 4?
That and I can not get connected to battle.net with D2 and its a legit copy.

Guild Wars trailers look cool but so did D3 and we all know how that worked out. Also not to keen on the whole open world bit. I like more structured games where I know where I am going. Skyium forget it I was lost. That and the blacksmith thing u need this to make that and this to make that, seemed to be to much work with little reward. Think I got past the first quest killing the dragon. I don't remember.

I liked the Devil May Cry games and Mass Effect all 3. Yea I could hack the games and give myself anything I wanted and face roll the game still fun. The last Devil May cray and Mass Effect 3 were bad !@#. No one like the Mass Effect ending I did if you did all 3 choices one showed you a glimmer that there could be a 4th. I thought the fights in the last devil may cry were awesome, and the levels were hard even after hacking it and giving myself unlimited orbs and whatever skills I wanted.

I've played pretty much every new RPG PC game out in the past 2 years.
Bioshock OK
Halif Life 2 first episode not bad 2nd didn't play it that much.
Duke Nuke em hilarious he's getting a BJ from 2 girls right in the beginning of the game(couldnt get xbox controller to work)
Racing games loved them all the Need for Speed hack them give your self any car and as much money as you want.
The Darkness II really cool plan to go back to that one.
Dead Space looks really cool (can't get controller to work)
Aliens vs Predator looks awesome can get to work right on my machine.
Fall Out 3 to much talking( got rave reviews)

I like what they did with D3 with the the online content that means no hacks, I am sure there are some out there but not going to risk a ban or virus to try them. This means they can change the content anytime they want..

You never dropped your gear in Diablo 2. When you died, your corpse would be there to get experience back. Otherwise, you could just remake the game and start over with your gear.

Diablo II was so good because of it's meta game. If you were a new oplayer to Diablo II, it would take alot for me to describe it to you. In a nutshell, the design of the game was nearly flawless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]