Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 LOL! Plus random rants.

MMORPG with potential...

Devil Survivor online.
Shin Megami Tensei games are awesome.

Won't ever happen, but hey it would work.
Edited by Cana#1729 on 8/25/2012 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I had a feeling things would come out like this when I watched the first few developer videos from GW2. Things they started saying just didn't make sense. Things like how they wanted no grind at all, how they want every little quest to impact the game environment directly and permanently, how they were going to make every class able to do every role, and how they are going to "minimize" the hotkey bars to only 10 slots. It sounded like making changes to MMOs just for the sake of making changes because I didn't see the point of these features at all.

Guess I was right. At least Tera's concept made sense. AND was truly revolutionary. Though it is mostly stagnant now.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Raserei
The only people who will understand what I'm talking about are old-school gamers.

All the games you list are online games. That hardly constitutes you as an "old-school gamer".

You might be older than me but clearly I've played better games than you have.

You know WoW is basically EverQuest on drugs, right? The only reason it's "better" now is because, unlike EverQuest, WoW managed to survive the next 10 years by adding regular content patches.

08/25/2012 03:27 AMPosted by NeWnAr
Guess I was right. At least Tera's concept made sense. AND was truly revolutionary. Though it is mostly stagnant now.

I still think an Elder Scrolls MMO would be a decent option, if Bethesda decide to turn back and make it good. Instead they've opted for a cheap mix of Guild Wars and WoW and it's just going to be even more of the same generic bull!@#$ we've grown tired of.
Edited by MrTastix#1610 on 8/25/2012 3:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

[quote="64123151889"]Guess I was right. At least Tera's concept made sense. AND was truly revolutionary. Though it is mostly stagnant now.

I still think an Elder Scrolls MMO would be a decent option, if Bethesda decide to turn back and make it good. Instead they've opted for a cheap mix of Guild Wars and WoW and it's just going to be even more of the same generic bull!@#$ we've grown tired of.

You would be pleased to know: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/
Reply Quote
I will not pretend that I love GW2 because I certainly do not. But saying that, WoW is not really much better as an MMO, I personally think that it is getting old very fast, not just WoW but the entire genre. And by that I don't mean that sales are dropping or people will not play them anymore, I just mean that it is all the same. If I'm going to pay $15 a month for WoW (Which I am more than happy to do for the sake of my lvl 85 Warrior whom I have had since tbc and I love) I would like something different than just 'Stay out of fire pewpewpew boss' or 'Fly around Orgrimmar waiting for unbalanced PvP'. At least Guild Wars 2 has no sub fee so I'm not obligated to play it 24/7 once I buy it.

The best hope I really have for MMO's is The Secret World. Yes thats right, I said it. It is a new idea, however badly put together, it is still something new. Yes, I will have to pay a monthly fee but as long as I get to shot demons in the face with Assault Rifles and have the freedom of no real 'class' so to speak, I will gladly pay that. GW2, WoW great games, awesome games. TSW, slightly bad, but innovative, I will pay to show that people enjoy new and different things. Well I do anyway.

Anyway, thats just my opinions. And I don't like coming onto a Diablo 3 forum and seeing GW2 nonsense >.<
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
LOL @ OP. you already know he's a whack job by commenting that 1.04 is insanely fun. Haha

Add to that GW2 hasn't even been out for a full 24 hours. Try getting past level 2.

It also doesn't matter if u have 70 years of mmo experience ur still a dumbass.

Go play panda land when that comes out and make a female panda u can fap to.

I'll be putting in more hours of gw2 after I pickup a few hours of sleep :p
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Raserei
I'm going to be completely honest. WoW: MoP will dominate GW2... Am I a WoW fanboy? No

I don't have an interest in WoW or GW2 but this sentence made me laugh.

You're not a fanboy...yet you feel a game that HASN'T been released will dominate a game that has been released for less than a day which you've barely scratched the surface playing?

You could be right...but it would be out of sheer coincidence.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 8/25/2012 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As far as mmo questing is concerned. Once you picked up 10 bear asses, killed 10 bears for said bear asses, travelled to some strange forest to find said bears for said asses, protected some dude guy from said bears in said forest for said asses, and then picked up their poop. Really you've done about every quest there is.

As much as I like what GW2 is doing, after spending so many years playing WoW, I think I'd rather just pick up MoP and do poop collection quests. Because if I'm going to be doing the same quests over and over, at least the poop gives me some amusement.

It's hard to get a deep meaningful questing experience. Especially when the focus is geared so much towards endgame.

That and the rabbit does a spin kick in pokemon. I mean pet battles. Which is rather amusing.
Reply Quote
The people here that are even comparing D3, WoW, and GW2 are comparing apples and oranges. For one, D3 and GW2 are both B2P games, and GW2 isn't even going for WoW's market. They aren't trying to steal people from WoW and there's no reason you can't play and enjoy all three.

Personally, I like GW2 solely for the PvP, I just wish I could play for more than 20 minutes at a time without the server crashing. But alas, at least I was able to log on within the first 3 hours of the servers being "up". But, that's a different jab for a different time. The point is, if you don't like a game, don't play it. That's what I did with D3 for most of the 1.03, then after picking it back up again today while waiting for GW2 to release, I found myself being really happy with all the changes they put into 1.04, I kinda hope sPvP on GW2 stays sloppy for a bit longer so I can grind out some more paragon levels on my wiz.

TLDR: Different strokes for different folks, but nothing's keeping you from liking D3 AND GW2 (and WoW too, but probably not til MoP comes out. That one guy beat me to the idea of rolling a female panda to fap to... ;[)
Reply Quote
gw2 is down, where's all the outrage about not being able to play a game you paid for?
Reply Quote
What is the purpose of this thread, O.P??

This is diablo 3 forum, this isn't Guild Wars 2 forum.

Maybe you should stop sucking up blizzards backside because U are not going to get nothing for doing it.

I think you should consider taking your babbling thread of nonsense to the forum of THE ACTUAL GAME.
Reply Quote
OP must be a noob.
It's so sad that he has been a noob for 15 years.
Reply Quote
I kinda wanted to stop reading when I saw the OPs complaint about getting levelled to 80 when playing World v World v World. How dare they let people do "end-game" pvp content when they're still levelling? What's this, a balanced playfield that allows for a competitive gaming environment?

The game must suck!
Reply Quote
The thing is, everyone always goes off and says game XYZ will kill Blizz game ABC... and everytime they get disappointed... happened with Everquest 2 vs WoW, then SWTOR earlier here, and now PoE / GW2.

As much as we've been hating on Blizz lately (I would argue their golden era was 96-04), they still make damn good games and get many of the little things right that games like PoE miss.
Reply Quote
looks like they our having problems lol another failure launch lol
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Xécck
Kids these days, so hard to please.

i vote you for president +1
Reply Quote
The thing is, everyone always goes off and says game XYZ will kill Blizz game ABC... and everytime they get disappointed... happened with Everquest 2 vs WoW, then SWTOR earlier here, and now PoE / GW2.

As much as we've been hating on Blizz lately (I would argue their golden era was 96-04), they still make damn good games and get many of the little things right that games like PoE miss.

Not quite sure if serious. PoE is in beta, developed by an indie company with next to no funding, yet still has ideas which, by many accounts, blows those of D3 completely out of the water. Shock horror newsflash - hundreds of well-paid, experienced game producers should in fact have a little more polish to their FINISHED game than the aforementioned.

Secondly, huh? GW2 failed because... it has login errors on launch? Like every single other MMO ever released? Sure, it's annoying for the mentally damaged, not sure how, but I get it. The game itself is a treat.

The fall from grace of D3 seems to have left some people not only bitter, but with an unsavory penchant for the presumed failure of other games. It's a little strange.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 04:40 AMPosted by HawaiiFiveO

yeah uh apart from the fact it was up for the last 7 hours or so.

not a failure launch... a problem occured. not like fancy nancy blizzard where you couldnt even step foot in the door.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 04:42 AMPosted by Azaroth

yeah uh apart from the fact it was up for the last 7 hours or so.

not a failure launch... a problem occured. not like fancy nancy blizzard where you couldnt even step foot in the door.

There's no point arguing with these deranged peasants, dear sir. Any reason at all to shout FAILURE at other games since they seem to take the fall of D3 a little too personally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]