Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 LOL! Plus random rants.

Skyrim > GW2

Skyrim is offline too O_o

Wow....just wow.

Imagine that.GW2 is an MMO that doesn't have an offline mode.Yeah,GW2 !@#$ing sucks. /sarcasm btw

On a side-note,TL;DR the whole topic,but i find GW2 amazing because you don't have to level/item grind to pvp.

And whenever you get tired of PvP,you can go do PvE,get cool items and whatnot.

Correct me if i am wrong,but i think you also earn XP from PvP,so you can infact level your PvE side?
Reply Quote
in PvP, it's not a matter of gear or levelz - it's a matter of skill and team work. When you win in PvP in GW2 it's not because you are rich or ubergeared - it's because you are smart, you know the games mechanisms and you have good friends besides you.

Interesting, so eq don't matter in GW2? So whoever has more gank friends wins?

Really sorry to see that in your vision, doing PvP with a team equals ganking noobs that try to PvE or team PKing HC chars in D2. Can't blame you - that's what you were taught.

Playing GW2 is a different experience. In WvWvW you are just like a soldier in a big army. A team of 7 coordinated players can defend a castle against waves of attackers. Or they could try to sneak into enemy territories and attack supply lines, commando style. Plenty of fun and no grief to anyone.

Playing GW2 might improve some not only as gamers but as human beings.
Reply Quote
3 Blood Elf Paladin
derpaderp ring rong BINGOOOOOO.

Pssst, your IQ is showing.
Reply Quote
Sorry you didn't like it. I'm loving it so far.
Reply Quote
I love GW2, beginning sucked and was kind of grindy.

But after that it was a lot more fun, faster paced and interesting.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
I love GW2, beginning sucked and was kind of grindy.

But after that it was a lot more fun, faster paced and interesting.

GW2 is stupid, leveling is nearly useless, all you're doing is grinding for more skills to be good enough for pvp, since you auto-level to 80 you don't even need to get it shown on you UI, you just farm your skills, get into bgs and pewpew, that's the way of "new gen mmorpg".

ps : even tera did a better job than gw2
Reply Quote
GW2 is stupid, leveling is nearly useless, all you're doing is grinding for more skills to be good enough for pvp, since you auto-level to 80 you don't even need to get it shown on you UI, you just farm your skills, get into bgs and pewpew, that's the way of "new gen mmorpg".

ps : even tera did a better job than gw2

Uh... no.

Yes you auto level to 80, but when you leave PVP you go right back to being your previous level. So I don't think you understand how it works. That being said PVP would not be fun if it was a level 20 vs a level 80.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
wow dont tell me you did not understand that GW2 is all about farming skill and zone into your auto 80bgs?

maybe Anet didnt heard about level bracket, when you get into you !@#$y bgs you r a freaking level 80 with level 20 skills, thats nearly stupid, ppl just got pumped in the hype to see that all this game is about is skills skills skills, whatever is your level if you dont have decent skills you get your %^- kicked in those bgs, also if loosing team leave, the game will balance the team and you will have a chance to get into the loosing team, wtf is that?!

ps : sorry for my bad english its not my natural language.
Edited by Sempai#1777 on 8/27/2012 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
people who's coming here to promote another game are pretty stupid.
their concept is :

"hey i installed it...and this is crazy... here's my level.... so play it maybe"

:O
Edited by Sempai#1777 on 8/27/2012 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wonder if anyone cant help me here.

I am not too sure if my laptop can play GW2.

GeForce 310M
Reply Quote
Tbh blizzard has always made mediocre games, everybody knows this.
They take ideas from others and Copy/Paste.

Name one game Blizzard made that isn't a copy/paste from the original games?

Blizzard is mediocre at best.

Valve and BioWare is the way to go if you want something original and self-made. Not some Copy/paste stuff that blizztard does.

Oh.. And "Blizzard seems to be the only one that can make a game" Diablo 3 called and it is pissed.
Reply Quote
GW2 first impression

There seems to be no rush to level, you kinda just level. I get lost for ages just roaming around and *ding* I have levelled, no rush....* I don’t care that I am 2 boxes from a ding, I just go and mine some rocks, or trees.* In doing so I stumble into a world event that cascades into a huge fight, and hour or two goes by and I’m half way to another level.* I then realise that my story line now needs attention so i head back to the city, when I get there i forget about the story line because my Logitech keyboard tell me I have some unseen vistas to look at, I then do some crafting and then eventually get around to the storyline.*
For the first time in a long time, in fact probably ever, it does not feel like a grind, it feels like I’m in the game, and that’s what makes a game for me, the feeling of immersion.
I just thought I would share this with you all.
Reply Quote
I know the feeling Duck :)

Yesterday I spent about two hours without killing a monster, mining one ore or crafting. Only exploring exp. Just walked around Lion's Arch to get the vistas and exploring.

Listening to casual conversation between NPCs. Example:

"My guild was destroyed by all the drama going on"
"What guild is that ?"
"The Traveling Thespians".

Accidentally stumbled upon Sharksmaw in the process - now that was fun :)

It's very hard to imagine how you can get bored in GW2. Just take it easy and do what you feel like. And I have not even touched PvP yet!
Reply Quote
I'm all for GW2 becoming a huge success, but is this going to be the exact same that happened with TOR?

People were all sorts of ecstatic while leveling and playing through each storyline, but then they eventually finished and were standing around at 50 wondering how it was any different from previous MMO titles. Not to say GW2 hasn't added anything new, since I've only done the beta and have yet to read any articles/guides that discuss the end-game experience, but I'm sort of wondering if it will have that lasting effect that many MMOs seem to be missing.

tl;dr after people are doing leveling/exploring/crafting will the pvp and pve dungeons be enough to keep them interested in playing
Reply Quote

Correct me if i am wrong,but i think you also earn XP from PvP,so you can infact level your PvE side?

You can indeed level up your "PvE" level in PvP.
Reply Quote
Sounds kinda cool, I am trying to decide if I'll buy it. Honestly though, I love the item hunt/grind and would rather do that than "mine some rocks, or trees".

What I'm scared of is it being like Dungeons and Dragons Online. I played DDO for two years and it was exactly like that, very immersing. The issue I had was the endgame and raiding, having to wait for role players like healers before you can do a quest. I know GW2 is different but I've never played it yet and since raiding like that has become almost a staple in MMOs I am terrified that GW@ will be no different. Is the end game going to be just PvP? How do you PvP without finding decent items? Is there an item hunt? Can I play all of the content solo while I hunt for my items?

I love Diablo type games because I don't have to wait 35 minutes for a cleric. I can login and get the most out of the game without having to depend on other people. Diablo 1 ruled! I played that game for years, then Diablo 2 for years...Diablo 3 is fun and with a few more minor patches and a expansion it will be even better.

For everyone out there who played Diablo 2 do you remember when LoD came out? They changed the game SO MUCH from when it was first released through the expansion. I played an amazon and the best bow in D2 was some rare rune bow, not even a legendary -then LoD came out and it was windforce etc. Stuff was nerfed (piercing guided arrows that pierced forever) and other things where buffed just like D3 is experiencing.

What I'm trying to say is that the foundation of D3 is good just like D2. It can only get better as things are tweaked and improved and I'm not bored yet. I have close to 500 hours on the demon hunter and I just started a barb. This game just needs little tweaks and it is getting them.

I would rather play a growing, evolving game that is changing and growing then a "fully developed" stagnant game.
Edited by Koheleth#1655 on 9/11/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Koheleth
What I'm trying to say is that the foundation of D3 is good just like D2. It can only get better as things are tweaked and improved and I'm not bored yet. I have close to 500 hours on the demon hunter and I just started a barb. This game just needs little tweaks and it is getting them.

Sounds like D3 is the game for you. OTOH, I was bored silly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]