Diablo® III

Make the legendary drops more noticeable, plz

no thanks. i use no mf besides my follower which i get about 21% from and last night i already saw 6 legendaries. i think they're pretty damn noticeable when they drop too no need to change.

what about those that are color blind or don't have good vision?
guess none of that matters since you see them fine.
Reply Quote
if someone is visually impared sure if D3 complies with the 508 compliance testing as well. i'm totally fine for that but in other words no they don't need to change it.

stop assuming what others feels. it'll get you more butt hurt than you are.
Edited by oddmut#1947 on 8/30/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes plz make them BRIGHT
Reply Quote
I have nearly missed one too, in Act 2 particularly they blend right in with the sand and it's sometimes impossible to see them...especially because I've noticed, after 1.04, that the text fades from the screen a LOT faster than it used to. But the color of the text often just blends in. The item itself should have a more pronounced glow to it or something...just make it more noticeable.
Reply Quote
Those screenshots are hilarious.

And agreed - yes those are bad. Common, though - when you have english speakers designing the graphics, they're not considering the impact of what it looks like when you just have one character to work with.
Reply Quote
Side Point: Why did Blizzard decide to dumb down the unidentified names of Legendary items? In D2 it was epic when you saw a unique Colossus Blade or unique Hydrabow or Set Lacquered Plate. It was like OMFG. Now it is just "Shield" "Chest Armor". Give me a break! It also makes it harder to see since the bland names happen to be so short. "Bow". Yawn.

As blizzard explained previously in regards to why we are forced to identify items because it is like "unwrapping a christmas present", then along those same lines, Legendary items should drop with more flare, a better name like D2, like waking up christmas morning and seeing a new mountain bike with a shiny bow on it. As it stands, the way legendaries drop is a HUGE contradiction to their stance on the excitement aspect of drops.
Edited by GRIZZ441#1789 on 8/30/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if someone is visually impared sure if D3 complies with the 508 compliance testing as well. i'm totally fine for that but in other words no they don't need to change it.

stop assuming what others feels. it'll get you more butt hurt than you are.

never made an assumption of anyone's feelings.
legendary drop names need to be improved to have a contrast similar to that of rares, magic items.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're definitely aware that Legendary item drops can be difficult to see against certain textures, and that this can sometimes cause players to miss those drops completely.

While we'd like to avoid changing the actual color of the drops, we've been discussing a number of ways to make Legendary items on the ground more visible to the player. We've considered adding a new special sound, for example, having the location of the drop ping on the player's mini-map, and creating a unique FX effect that would appear underneath the item before it's picked up.

We haven't settled on any one solution yet, but the issue is certainly something we want to address and improve on. I'll make sure the additional options you listed get passed on to our design team so they can be considered as well. :)
Reply Quote
YAY!
Reply Quote
We're definitely aware that Legendary item drops can be difficult to see against certain textures, and that this can sometimes cause players to miss those drops completely.

While we'd like to avoid changing the actual color of the drops, we've been discussing a number of ways to make Legendary items on the ground more visible to the player. We've considered adding a new special sound, for example, having the location of the drop ping on the player's mini-map, and creating a unique FX effect that would appear underneath the item before it's picked up.

We haven't settled on any one solution yet, but the issue is certainly something we want to address and improve on. I'll make sure the additional options you listed get passed on to our design team so they can be considered as well. :)

Please don't just make it a sound improvement. I'm sure I'm not the only one who plays with sound volume extremely low or off completely.
Reply Quote

Super! I dread to think how many legendaries I've left lying unseen in my wake.
Reply Quote
We've considered adding a new special sound, for example, having the location of the drop ping on the player's mini-map, and creating a unique FX effect that would appear underneath the item before it's picked up.

Please keep in mind while coming up with a solution that not all of us play with sound on.

Also, when it comes to Legendary items it's not color that makes me miss them, it's usually pets or other players killing a trash mob off your screen and you never see it drop. Showing legendary items on the minimap or having a message pop up on the screen like the one that shows when you gain a paragon level would be the best overall solution IMO.
Reply Quote
Why not use the gold text of uniques from Diablo II (and call them uniques, for that matter)? I'm really frustrated by all the arbitrary changes from the game's legacy titles...
Reply Quote
yay
Reply Quote
+1 for not just adding sound, make a visual cue also.
Reply Quote
I prefer to use music myself and I actually thought of the show it on minimap thing. Right now, I don't listen to music for this very reason to give myself a chance to hear it, not that you could with going into 100 mobs, WWing and them making all these noises.
Reply Quote

sweet you guys are looking into it. I like the yellow glow on the chest Rep chest btw. or some sort of particle effect eradicating form the item a couple yards up on it as well. The mini-map indicator would definitely be a good one. this scares me what if I missed some ><. especially like say for instance if someone kills a mob behind you. an they are not visible on you screen a legendary could have dropped there too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]