Diablo® III

Barb, Stuck in place cant move cant die, tp

All of you guys send tickets to bliz? If not please do it if they will see more ticket with this bug there is a hope someday it is going to be fixed...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've encountered the same issue. I think it happened right after I used Furious Charge (Battering Ram rune, in case it matters). Also, I was in level 2 of a flooded cave at the time and had to quit out of the game in order to fix the issue.
Edited by Khalanil#1236 on 9/22/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Druid
This has happened to me 3 times on my Hardcore level 60 Barbarian in the past few hours of play. Twice on act 1 inferno and once on act 2 inferno.

As I recall all 3 fights were elite packs, and 2 of them had desecrator. I was 'rooted'/stuck in place (not jailer) for the duration of the fight after the bug kicked in. I couldn't move from that spot, couldn't attack enemies for the most part, couldn't pick up any loot, and couldn't be killed. My life would drop down to 0 health, screen flashing bright red, but I didn't die. I had to let my enchantress finish off the mobs.

After everything was dead I could not hearth back to town, and also could not ID any loot. I had to log out, which obviously reset my NV stacks.

Luckily this bug puts you in a state of not being able to be killed. The 2 videos that were posted in this thread are identical to what happens to me.

I was using Furious Charge (Dreadnaught), and Revenge, among other abilities.
Reply Quote
LVL59 Hardcore Barbarian fighting a pack of blue elites with whirlwind in Dahlgur Oasis (hell), It was suppose to be an easy fight with the gear that i have. But the game bugs big time, 5 seconds into the fight, cant seem to be hitting anything anymore. I try to get out with "furious charge".... nothing. I use "ignore pain" and then "revenge", still nothing. My cooldowns arent starting, my health is getting low, I pause the game while panicking. "This calls for a cig break". Five minutess later, I come back to the paused game. I get ready to unpause and do everything i can to get the hell out of those mobs. NO! still nothing, my HP is now down to zero... "what the hell? im not dieing?
I ALT+TAB to the forums to open a ticket while leaving the game open and paused on the same screen than it was before. I just noticed that I got disconnected while writing this last line, I just hoping that my Barb doesnt die due to this intense bug. If i do loose it, i hope Blizzard brings it back to life and fixes this Irritating bug.

Thank you in advance for a fast response.
Reply Quote
LVL59 Hardcore Barbarian fighting a pack of blue elites with whirlwind in Dahlgur Oasis (hell), It was suppose to be an easy fight with the gear that i have. But the game bugs big time, 5 seconds into the fight, cant seem to be hitting anything anymore. I try to get out with "furious charge".... nothing. I use "ignore pain" and then "revenge", still nothing. My cooldowns arent starting, my health is getting low, I pause the game while panicking. "This calls for a cig break". Five minutess later, I come back to the paused game. I get ready to unpause and do everything i can to get the hell out of those mobs. NO! still nothing, my HP is now down to zero... "what the hell? im not dieing?
I ALT+TAB to the forums to open a ticket while leaving the game open and paused on the same screen than it was before. I just noticed that I got disconnected while writing this last line, I just hoping that my Barb doesnt die due to this intense bug. If i do loose it, i hope Blizzard brings it back to life and fixes this Irritating bug.
Well, after reloging, great news.. it seems like my Barb survived. On a different note, i just hope this kind of bug doesnt happen again and Blizzard fixes it

Thank you in advance for a fast response.
Reply Quote
up to get noticed
Reply Quote
Shamless bump. I've been having this problem time after time in act 3 and 4 inferno. Every single time it has cost me 4-5 stacks of NV + progress.

Seems for me it's a combination of elite mobs and charging near walls/other environment.
Reply Quote
I am also experiencing this problem a lot. I have a barbarian, and sometimes I cannot move, or die. It happens when I have a 5 stack of valor too, which totally sucks. When it happens, the only option is to exit the game and start again. It happened in both 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, so it's still an issue. I hope Blizzard fixes this soon because it's frustrating.
Reply Quote
I cant believe this bug was reported 4 months ago and still not fixed. Im UNABLE to finish act 3 because i always get stuck somewhere in the run. 3 times in a row today. And still no solution or work around....
Reply Quote
If you want a thread combining every other threads about this issue please follow the link and post : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006892777
Reply Quote
I know the cause. It's any kind of charge. I have a monk and I rarely use dashing strike but started to work it into my game and it's happened several times in hours. It never happens when I don't use charge. I assume that's why all the barbarians are having trouble too.
Reply Quote
Same for me with my monk. Happened ~6 times in single and multi player game.
I can still kill the monsters but cannot pick up the loot, move or open a town portal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]