Diablo® III

Pinning to Windows 7 Taskbar

90 Pandaren Shaman
I have both World of Warcraft and Diablo 3

Before installing WoW Patch 5.0.4 I had no problems.

After installing I am unable to pin both launchers. When I pin one (say the WoW launcher) and right click on the other (Diablo 3 launcher) I don't see the Pin to Taskbar option. I do see the Unpin from Taskbar option and when I click that (remember I'm on the Diablo 3 right-click menu), it unpins the WoW launcher. It happens vice-versa as well.

Same thing happens when pinning to Start Menu.
Edited by SykoTavo#1207 on 8/28/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Eka
My WoW, D3 and SC2 icons have been doing that for months. I was able to resolve it by dragging and dropping the icons for them from the Start Menu to the Taskbar. Not sure if it will work for you but it's at least something you can try if you haven't already.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/28/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Stighmata
My WoW, D3 and SC2 icons have been doing that for months. I was able to resolve it by dragging and dropping the icons for them from the Start Menu to the Taskbar. Not sure if it will work for you but it's at least something you can try if you haven't already.

Thnx...but didn't work for me =-(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I posted about this on someones thread over at teh WoW forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521333269?page=1#4

There are no answers there, but hopefully someone can shed light on this.

And you can force them onto the taskbar by dragging them down, but you can't force them to all get pinned to the Start Menu...far as I have found.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I also just noticed that on the recently opened programs section on the Start Menu, that it will only show 1 of the 3 games at any given time, even if I have just played all three in a row.

So, if I play WoW first, it will show. Then I play D3, it wont show...till after I delete WoW from the list. And the same goes for SC2. Doesn't matter what order they are played in, it will just only show the first one played till its removed.

This wasn't happening pre-5.0.4 as each icon of the game was shown at the same time.
Reply Quote
from start->games you can right click on those shortcuts and pin em no prob. They all end up with the little tm sign though
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
from start->games you can right click on those shortcuts and pin em no prob. They all end up with the little tm sign though

:D You are the best
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]