Diablo® III

Show of ur DH and help improve gear!

08/30/2012 10:43 AMPosted by instagib
the only desire from rez all i have is to not get oneshot by whites (which i already dont get onshot anymore). My playstyle dosnt cope with the tank hunter i just have no love for it imo glass cannon rules all, but that is just my opinion.

If I had a better laptop id drop some all res and life too, but my mbp 13inch is barely able to play d3 and lags a lot, so i had to go the expensive route and go balanced dh, haha.

Anyone care to critique me?

At work and dont have the bow equiped in my profile but its a 1350 pure dmg xbow with 110 dex and socket.

I have:
111k dps
450 al res
37k hp
3200 armor.

Im actually tempted to go to the dark side and get innas belt and pants because my xbow is great for the holy damage (only increases based on physical dmg, and my xbow is pure physical)
Reply Quote
Everyone has more all resist than me =P I suppose that is one of my main areas to address in the near future?

I'm so envious of everyone that has the new nat's stuff and manticore! You're so lucky!!

Yeah you need some all res to not get 1shot. buff it up to 250 for now.

Your xbow should be your target for upgrade man
Reply Quote
try and get higher dex on your belt, and crit chance on your ring.
Reply Quote
I'm aiming for around 50k hp. That with gloom I shouldn't die at all really.
Reply Quote
@Nico

It doesn't really look like you were trying to get a lot of AR, so I would suggest getting a new ring (Right side). You can get one with more dex, about the same Crit damage, and some crit chance for pretty cheap.
Reply Quote
I'm such a noob but I really need help on which weapon to buy: xbow or bow. Kindly check my profile and please give me advice. I want to be viable in inferno act 2 and up. My current gear allows me to farm act 1 easily. If you reco any of the 2 kinds of weapons, please give me tips on which attributes I have to look out for when I buy. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Someone help me. Need more AR, Vile Ward next? Not even sure what to do. Ditch low grad innas? Back to low end legacy nats?
Reply Quote
the helm i wearing i rolled the other night with that i have had 5 other legendaries drop.

nailbiter (!@#$ mace)
ivory tower (%^-* sheild)-gave to follower
the tormentor (gave to follower)
2x gladiators gauntlets (both complete crap)
Reply Quote
I know I need a new helmet, right hand ring, quiver, etc but I am getting there slowly. Let me know what you think and where i should invest next.

I survive fine for the most part on act 2, not really played a ton on act 3~ usually I game with one other or two others~
Reply Quote
I need help too. I'm not very rich (gold wise nor am I planning to buy stuff on RMAH) FYI. I'm in need of some real good solid advice of which items you suggest I keep and take priority of upgrading?

My DH's interest is to become a solid glass cannon ~ to hit 100k + DPS with high crit chance and crit damage. Obviously, I can't afford to buy nats yet so scratch that off your list of upgrades for me.

I'm actually quite happy with my crit damage and my crit chance is like 10% away from 40+ so I suppose that's pretty good.

Pretty good with kiting, so aspd is of least importance. I think I need more dex but it's pretty tough to lose too much hp. With my current DR% and hp I can take atleast 2-3 hits before I die without gloom which is satisfactory for me. Not to brag but I'm pretty cool with dodging hits too so I suppose I can take off a tad bit of my vit (contridactory, yep.).

I know that a lot of my gear needs upgrading -- like for example my pants. I've been looking for a high dex low vit 2 socket one but to no avail and a better weapon -- but enough to keep my crit damage that high -- and a helmet.

Discipline is nice, but can be pretty expensive if it comes along with decent rolled stats and to be honest I'm pretty happy with the nightstalker + suppression fire combo for disc regen so I'm cool with that.

Any advice from the pros out there? I haven't tried solo farming act 3 because my friends are always on anyway and we play coop but I'd really like my damage to hit the 100k mark w/o SS.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
This advice goes to anyone in this thread - the solid demon hunters are usually going with a balanced setup. This means high dps (100k+) and high survivability (400 resists + 40k life). There is no reason anyone should be aiming to be a glass cannon nowadays, unless you enjoy that play style and love to dodge everything. If you do - then that's fine - that's why we have choices :)

Depending on build and playstyle - you'll be itemizing a little differently - but generally the stats we should be going for are:

Dex
Vit
Resists
Crit chance
Crit Damage
Attack speed (this is optional - but it may be necessary for some builds out there)
+Discipline

I hit harder than most glass cannons and can survive as well as most tanks with the above itemization. I'm certainly not advocating this is the only way to build - but it's just worked for me and it's worked very well. I've grouped with some solid tanks and some GC's in the past - so if that's your thing - kudos to ya :)

Ideally, most end game DH's have goals to have above 100k dps (no SS) and have survivability to boot. To reach this, you'd want to build base damage by getting dex to 2000+ and maximize crit chance (40%+) and crit damage (300%+). Again, if your build calls for attack speed, work that into your items.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Nathanielle
the only desire from rez all i have is to not get oneshot by whites (which i already dont get onshot anymore). My playstyle dosnt cope with the tank hunter i just have no love for it imo glass cannon rules all, but that is just my opinion.

If I had a better laptop id drop some all res and life too, but my mbp 13inch is barely able to play d3 and lags a lot, so i had to go the expensive route and go balanced dh, haha.

Anyone care to critique me?

At work and dont have the bow equiped in my profile but its a 1350 pure dmg xbow with 110 dex and socket.

I have:
111k dps
450 al res
37k hp
3200 armor.

Im actually tempted to go to the dark side and get innas belt and pants because my xbow is great for the holy damage (only increases based on physical dmg, and my xbow is pure physical)

You're off to a very good start Nathanielle - solid stats so far. If I were you, I'd try to raise crit/crit dmg a little bit more - it'll scale very nicely. Defense stats look pretty good and dmg is good too. Great looking DH.
Reply Quote
I need some help deciding what direction to go with my DH's gear
Reply Quote
This advice goes to anyone in this thread - the solid demon hunters are usually going with a balanced setup. This means high dps (100k+) and high survivability (400 resists + 40k life). There is no reason anyone should be aiming to be a glass cannon nowadays, unless you enjoy that play style and love to dodge everything. If you do - then that's fine - that's why we have choices :)

Depending on build and playstyle - you'll be itemizing a little differently - but generally the stats we should be going for are:

Dex
Vit
Resists
Crit chance
Crit Damage
Attack speed (this is optional - but it may be necessary for some builds out there)
+Discipline

I hit harder than most glass cannons and can survive as well as most tanks with the above itemization. I'm certainly not advocating this is the only way to build - but it's just worked for me and it's worked very well. I've grouped with some solid tanks and some GC's in the past - so if that's your thing - kudos to ya :)

Ideally, most end game DH's have goals to have above 100k dps (no SS) and have survivability to boot. To reach this, you'd want to build base damage by getting dex to 2000+ and maximize crit chance (40%+) and crit damage (300%+). Again, if your build calls for attack speed, work that into your items.

Isn't this supposed to be common sense?

This kind of general advice is pretty much synonymous to "Get more Gold"
Reply Quote
still looking for advice.
Reply Quote

Dex
Vit
Resists
Crit chance
Crit Damage
+Discipline

Isn't this supposed to be common sense?

This kind of general advice is pretty much synonymous to "Get more Gold"

Yes, which seems to be lost to some folks from some of the questions I see.
Reply Quote
This is currently my Tank DH build. Recently switched from glass cannon so still working on gear transition. I'd like to stay >20k dmg, but I am currently having trouble staying alive in Act 2. All constructive criticism is welcome!!
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Nodnarb
This is currently my Tank DH build. Recently switched from glass cannon so still working on gear transition. I'd like to stay >20k dmg, but I am currently having trouble staying alive in Act 2. All constructive criticism is welcome!!

You need to up your all res by a ton. 160ish is terrible for a DH tank. I have over double that in MF gear. You're very dex heavy for a tank.

New shoulders pants and bracers would be my first purchases.
Edited by Spicynoodoh#1204 on 8/30/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am using Cri Spike Trap as my main damage, thus I focus mostly to cri chance and cri dmg. As you can see my DPS is quite low (70-100k dmg with cri shot), but with 3 traps at once dealing 600k dmg. Please advise how I should adjust my gears. Now I can take 2-3 hits in early A3.
Reply Quote
@Leth: I think your best upgrade would be a new bow. Is 200+ dex worth more than a couple hundred dps? I'm not sure myself lol. But I know my bow only cost like 4m. There is a spreadsheet somewhere on this forum where you can plug in your stats and then plug in an upgraded bow with say 1200dps and less dex and see how much your dps goes up.

Now I'm pretty lost as to what my next upgrade should be. I think its a quiver but not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]