Diablo® III

So how many of you are back from GW2?

Anyone back playing D3 after being banned in GW2? Just curious if a lot of people are locked out of their account at the moment.
Reply Quote
dont play GW2 why would they get banned if it just came out?
Reply Quote
Why would anyone play gw2 when we still have warhammer?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So why are people being banned?
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Noid1994
Why would anyone play gw2 when we still have warhammer?

I like you.
Reply Quote
I just can't stomach another MMO. I'm gonna avoid that genre for a bit.
Reply Quote
Haha just goes to show trolls will be trolls and bads will be bads in any game.

GW2 took a really tough stance on online @sshattery. They ban people for excessive swearing in general chat, for having offensive names and much more.

Hats off to GW2 in my book, sort out the attitude of gamers nowdays that feel its "normal" to cuss so much pirates would blush and insult everyone and everything.
Reply Quote
I plan to jump to GW2 tonight, will stop by local Best Buy and get 4 copies. Why would anyone get banned? Accidental ban or there's massive bots already?

I'd like your feedback too, constructive or otherwise...
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Atom
I just can't stomach another MMO. I'm gonna avoid that genre for a bit.

This sounds about right. I broke out of my Skinner box and I don't plan on returning.
Reply Quote
People are being banned for CoC things:

- Inappropriate character names
- Bad behavior in chat
- Botting
- Gold Selling
- Abuseing exploits
- ETC.

Typical items that are in all CoCs. Blizzard doesn't uphold theirs too well so people are not used to rules being enforced & complain. Most current Ban's are just 3 day Suspentions.

*Botting for sure later on once current ingame tweaks are fixed however, will be permanent ban.*
Edited by Hebee#1130 on 8/30/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

GW2 took a really tough stance on online @sshattery. They ban people for excessive swearing in general chat, for having offensive names and much more.

Hats off to GW2 in my book, sort out the attitude of gamers nowdays that feel its "normal" to cuss so much pirates would blush and insult everyone and everything.

Yup. The vast majority of people that got banned were because they were being asshats. Either with inappropriate names, or inappropriate chat. Blizzard might coddle these people and give them warnings, or short suspensions. ArenaNet is taking no crap, and it's an instant 3 day ban. Good for them.

This Reddit thread sums it up pretty well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yxx3m/suspensions_for_offensive_names_and_inappropriate/

Summary: The ArenaNet Support Team creates a thread getting users that were "mistakenly" banned to provide their username and ask why they were banned and ArenaNet would provide the reason. Aside from a bunch of people getting hacked, and banned for spamming etc, you'll notice that the vast majority of them were from kids saying some extremely inappropriate things in chat.

TLDR: OP probably got banned for getting hacked, or being a tool. Knowing this community, I'm going with the latter.

08/30/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Meriem
I plan to jump to GW2 tonight, will stop by local Best Buy and get 4 copies. Why would anyone get banned? Accidental ban or there's massive bots already?

None of the bans were accidental. Some were security measures, most were because people are idiots. Don't be an idiot, and you'll be fine.

Edited by Seraphi#1863 on 8/30/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Draug
So why are people being banned?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yxx3m/suspensions_for_offensive_names_and_inappropriate/

Good stuff here.

Also, exploiters. The ones that exploit and never inform the Devs about said exploit then are shocked that they get punished. Oh, can't forget the people that are already getting their accounts compromised (seriously people? account security is that hard?) or running bots.

Edit: Beaten but yeah, people in GW2 acting like they're on the D3 forums and ANet isn't putting up with their BS.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 8/30/2012 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
People are being banned for CoC things:

- Inappropriate character names
- Bad behavior in chat
- Botting
- Gold Selling
- Abuseing exploits
- ETC.

Typical items that are in all CoCs. Blizzard doesn't uphold theirs too well so people are not used to rules being enforced & complain. Most current Ban's are just 3 day Suspentions.

*Botting for sure later on once current ingame tweaks are fixed however, will be permanent ban.*

Oh Blizzzard does enforce their rules, however when your GMs are spending the majority of their time dealing with reports of "Little timmy rolled on the item I wanted, make him give it to me" the ability for them to investigate and deal with other violations diminish, so other people stop bothering to report them thinking Blizzard doesn't care so Blizzard doesn't even get told about the issue.
Reply Quote
I remember I have a character called Arcanalady in GW, they ban it.
I contact them and they told me this silly reason: Ar(anal)lady, I dont even notice it!!! what a joke
Reply Quote
Dhuum needs come back & bring his banscythe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=9B6bZSpQHxU&feature=fvwp
Reply Quote

Yup. The vast majority of people that got banned were because they were being asshats. Either with inappropriate names, or inappropriate chat. Blizzard might coddle these people and give them warnings, or short suspensions. ArenaNet is taking no crap, and it's an instant 3 day ban. Good for them.

This Reddit thread sums it up pretty well.

Summary: The ArenaNet Support Team creates a thread getting users that were "mistakenly" banned to provide their username and ask why they were banned and ArenaNet would provide the reason. Aside from a bunch of people getting hacked, and banned for spamming etc, you'll notice that the vast majority of them were from kids saying some extremely inappropriate things in chat.

TLDR: OP probably got banned for getting hacked, or being a tool. Knowing this community, I'm going with the latter.

08/30/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Meriem

None of the bans were accidental. Some were security measures, most were because people are idiots. Don't be an idiot, and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info. I am just tired of D3, that's all. I used to play MMO (Tales of Pirates, Freemium) but it's Pay To Win so I gave up. I play that game when it initially launch, PayToWin isn't obvious back then, but when the company started selling uber gears and weapons, I left =)....

If GW2 is not P2W, I'll definitely enjoy it. Been disappointed with D3 and Blizzard, D3 will be the last title we'll be getting from Blizzard. It's either GW2 or TL2, but since GW2 sounds like a great game with great and pro active staff, I will be joining today!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]