Diablo® III

Nvidia GeForce GTX 260m

I have a ASUS Notebook G72GX running a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260m 1GB and my game is doing something weid... since the new patch came out i can only get in about a solid 3-10 minutes of flawless gameplay in before i get a huge lag spike that lasts for about 1-3 minutes. drivers are updated i dont know what else to do, anyone else experience this?
Reply Quote
I can say that I've noticed this as well. Usually seems to happen to me when I approach a champion/elite pack, and following a long period of time with no lag/framerate issues. Im running a Nvidia GTX560 with an i7-3600 and 16 gb of ram, so I know my computer should not be dropping down to 1-10 FPS for no reason. I've checked my virus software too... all clean
Reply Quote
Mine is almost the same. Around the champion/elite packs, if I don't have my settings completely bottomed out, my graphics crash, makes an awful squelch noise, locks up my computer. The screen looks like a first gen. nintendo. My system is 260 gtx Black edition card, 8 gigs of ram, and core 2 duo extreme processor. They told me to run in window mode, which helped kinda, but not completely. So I am stuck playing on the lowest settings with a rather powerful system
Reply Quote
I get the same issue .. only since playing this game that sometimes make my computer start to lock up and then freeze and reset itself.

This game has had more issues than any I've ever played by far.

I use an Ati card
Edited by Shampsie#1401 on 8/24/2012 2:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mine won't reset itself. I have to reboot it. I have noticed there are an awful lot of graphic crashes on the threads.
Reply Quote
I've had this same problem. You're going to need to set the maximum framerate to somewhere around 65, turn on vsync, and set the background framerate to around 20. I've done this and my GPU still gets stupid hot (98*C) but it won't downclock itself due to heat. Hopefully they patch it to fix this unusual gpu usage with NVIDIA cards before my card nukes itself...
Reply Quote
Sounds very similar to my problem I just added to the following thread. Check it out and tell me if it sounds familiar to you.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152407502
Reply Quote
I own a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 and was experiencing the same issues as the OP, freezing up for 30 seconds to a minute every few minutes. Lowered my max fr and turned on vsync as mentioned in an above post, issue for now has seemed to go away. Haven't experienced any issue like this before with my video card and playing Diablo. WoW still works fine /shrug.

**Correction, problem is still present. Froze up after joining a co-op game with someone on my friends list after only a minute. Character is moving/casting spells on my boyfriends screen right next to me, but on my screen nothing is going on.
Edited by Gamergurl#1110 on 9/5/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Jatar, my issue was definitely an overheat based downclock of the graphics card. If you haven't already try limiting the frame rates down to something reasonable 60-80ish. If you don't do this your gfx card will try to process as many frames as possible (in my case this was upwards of 200fps) when its completely unnecessary.
Reply Quote
I have a decent rig. It was top of the line 3 years ago. it still runs every game i play on max or near to max settings @ 1920x1080. I have 9 case fans and 2 more fans on my after market CPU cooler. Overkill i know but this system was kick !@# when i built it.

Anyways, my home has no A.C.. So during the summer months it gets really warm in the afternoon's. My GPU would not overheat because the fan does its job but i like my GPU (my entire system really) to run cooler than it did. The fan does not speed up soon enough for my taste.

The problem for me is that default fan speed variables are a little to relaxed. I decided to try a program like EVGA PrecisionX or RIVAtuner to adjust the fan speed to my preference and keep my GPU running cooler. I adjusted the fan speed variables to make it spin faster, sooner. Now my GPU never reaches those undesirable temperature's.

EVGA PrecisionX or RIVAtuner both work very well. I suggest giving one or both a try. You and your GPU will be much happier.
Edited by zKrieg#1561 on 9/5/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have an Asus G74x
Intel core duo processor I7 - 2670QM cpu 2.20 ghz
8.00 GB ram
Nvidia geforce 560m GTX

Have been playing fine since release, noticed it in 1.0.3 and now it's really bad in the newest patch...
I've checked the temps and it doesn't seem too hot, I'm not sure I could be wrong, sitting around 76 degrees.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 12:13 PMPosted by abusivehomo
Jatar, my issue was definitely an overheat based downclock of the graphics card. If you haven't already try limiting the frame rates down to something reasonable 60-80ish. If you don't do this your gfx card will try to process as many frames as possible (in my case this was upwards of 200fps) when its completely unnecessary.

I've tried this. I've gone all the way down to limiting @ 30fps and it doesn't matter. I've also ran GPU-Z in logging mode and my 7780 never goes over 50c and the GPU didn't throttle back once during a session with several freezes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]