Diablo® III

Best Monk legendary and set items for 1.0.4

Shin, just edit the OP & let the discussion continue here below!

my 2cents for BIS slots not mentioned:

belt: Hellcat Waistguard - great place to pick up some spirit regen + elite damage
helm: Madstone - with good rolls, spirit regen/lpss & skill damage boost

gloves: only with dex roll, Gladiator Gauntlets can hold LOH, crit chance
Reply Quote
Shin, just edit the OP & let the discussion continue here below!

my 2cents for BIS slots not mentioned:

belt: Hellcat Waistguard - great place to pick up some spirit regen + elite damage
helm: Madstone - with good rolls, spirit regen/lpss & skill damage boost

gloves: only with dex roll, Gladiator Gauntlets can hold LOH, crit chance

Thanks Tajah. Actually, all the items you mentioned are on my rough draft, so good call :D

The rough list will be up within an hour so we can get the ball rolling and people can start suggesting adding items that have been left out. Once I put the list up, I will be working on adding information to each item (which will take some time).
Reply Quote
Gents,

Kindly suggest adding Witching Hour to BIS for belt. Attack Speed + Crit Dmg makes it awesome, if you ask me. =) Brosim has switched to it, actually.
Reply Quote
Thanks Silver. I thought the same things, its a pretty nice belt. Coincidentally, it is in my preliminary list.

Speaking of which, the rough list is up in the OP. Please review it everyone and begin discussing information about your favorite items and requesting items that aren't included (and why you think they should, such as Silver suggesting Witching Hour for its attack speed and crit damage).

I will be working on the OP for a good part of the evening, and it may be awhile before I get to some of your suggestions, but I promise to try and address them all in due time.

Thanks everyone for your contributions so far, and thanks in advance for all the contributions to come!

~Shin
Reply Quote
Wow. Good work already on the OP! Lots of time went in there, good job.
Reply Quote
sticky requested :)
Reply Quote
So I managed to get a decent FD (1170dmg 300dex 1200loh & socket) and I've been having a blast playing with it! Overall effectiveness isn't quite as good as the dual wield I was sporting before (though I haven't finished tweaking the rest of my gear yet) - but the invincible feeling you get when it procs is totally worth it for me already, I can stand in desecration and arcane and be absolutely fine xD

Nice find ZealotLord, glad you're having fun with it.

How often would you say it procs while in combat (like every "x" amount of times during "y" seconds of combat).

I know that might be hard to judge since 2 handed combat doesn't tend to last that long, but maybe in an area where you can fight group after group without pause (like some act 3 areas for example).

Wow thats kinda hard to say haha.. lets just say it procs enough to be worth it! haha~

well my DPS is kinda low atm (35k unbuffed) as I'm running high MF and in the midst of gear transitioning. I still farm Act 3 quite comfortably, though I do die more since I lost over 200 vit from my previous weps, I only have 20k life or so only right now lol xD

I'll come back with a 'report' after I finish retooling!
Edited by TheBlaDe#1631 on 8/31/2012 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply ZealotLord. Don't worry, 35k will turn into alot more once you replace some of that other gear like you plan :)

Also, to everyone,

The rough draft for descriptions are up for the 1 handed weapons so you can get an idea of the format. More information will be added later, I just wanted to get something in besides item names to get us going. I will have 2 handed weapons and armor up tomorrow, and begin editing per the information that pops up in the thread.

~Shin
Reply Quote
Hey all. I've been doing some testing with my new build and determined that I need to try and get to about 40K DPS. Right now, with my attack speed and damage, I am not killing fast enough for all of my LoH to be effective. I can't swap ammy or ring, but I can get new weapons.

What legendary weapons would you recommend I go with for duel wield to try and achieve 40K DPS? Or can a new 2H weapon do this now ?
Reply Quote
Hi guys, i looking at upgrading my weapons and suggestions are badly needed.

With my current build what weapon would be best to boost abit more of dmg?
Reply Quote
you can check my won khim lau it has 30% lightning damage i tried it for a few times on butcher and yes its good..the 30% registers below damage by dex on details..it raises my damage output for additional 20k
Edited by babyface#6179 on 8/31/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey all. I've been doing some testing with my new build and determined that I need to try and get to about 40K DPS. Right now, with my attack speed and damage, I am not killing fast enough for all of my LoH to be effective. I can't swap ammy or ring, but I can get new weapons.

What legendary weapons would you recommend I go with for duel wield to try and achieve 40K DPS? Or can a new 2H weapon do this now ?

Hello again Rodolpho!

After looking at your gear briefly, I would say you have enough LoH between your rings and amulet to allow dual wield. You should have enough resist and armor once you drop your shield to survive with the increased attack speed of dual wield. You may consider an Echoing Fury since you already have a mace in your main hand (Echoing Fury will give the +APS to your other weapon). You only have an additional 44 crit damage on your gear, and roughly 27% crit chance. I would like to see you boost your crit damage by finding an offhand that has either crit damage, a socket, or both (preferably both).

Do you have a specific budget to work with? This may make a difference in what weapon(s) you can attempt to get.
Reply Quote
Flying Dragon is amazing. 5% proc with no cooldown from what I see and it lasts 4-5 seconds.

With buffs, I'm at ~150k dps when it procs and around 4.0 attack speed!

i've heard people say it lasts like 2 seconds.

It's 4-5 seconds... think 4 seconds but swear it pushes 5 sometimes, lol.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 9/2/2012 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Any recommendations on which weapons would go well with my build/gear? I think ideally I'd want a Won Khim Lau main hand, as I use the classic FoT/Sweeping winds build, but I had no idea echoing fury gave the +attacks to the other weapon as well... and they get up to like 1300 dps. That must be crazy!
Reply Quote
Hallow set fist and shield or axe adds 5%speed and 40 all resist
Reply Quote
cool!
Reply Quote

Hello again Rodolpho!

After looking at your gear briefly, I would say you have enough LoH between your rings and amulet to allow dual wield. You should have enough resist and armor once you drop your shield to survive with the increased attack speed of dual wield. You may consider an Echoing Fury since you already have a mace in your main hand (Echoing Fury will give the +APS to your other weapon). You only have an additional 44 crit damage on your gear, and roughly 27% crit chance. I would like to see you boost your crit damage by finding an offhand that has either crit damage, a socket, or both (preferably both).

Do you have a specific budget to work with? This may make a difference in what weapon(s) you can attempt to get.

No Particular budget. I do want to boost my crit damage.

Also, my paper doll crit chance is 30+ for some reason.
Reply Quote
Sever (sword) - The guaranteed part of this weapon is vitality, 1% crit chance, and 15-25% extra damage to elites. The interesting part of this weapon is the "slain enemies rest in pieces" proc. Apparently, when finishing off an enemies, your last hit is enormous (some claiming as high as 1 mil crit). Coupled with life steal, that's a full health pool on every kill. I would like more input on this from some users here (will update at that point)

1mil?

try 10 mil lol

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2089/screenshot028xw.jpg

lots of like steal healing goodness

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6839/screenshot021j.jpg
Reply Quote
OP,

I'd like to second the poster above's suggestion (a few above this one) for the Hallowed set - Hallowed Fist and Hallowed Storm. I was just looking at that myself. The damage and/or stats aren't earth-shattering, but seems to me like you could get both of those for a monk (or, the shield if you're so inclined) for pretty cheap (say, 8-10 mil for two pretty damn decent weapons) and get a free +40 all resist and +5% attack speed in the process, which is nothing to sneeze at.

These weapons, for the damage, don't seem to go for much more than the usual rares (if anything), so why not get those instead of a usual yellow? Just a thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]