Diablo® III

Best Monk legendary and set items for 1.0.4

Thanks terminus. This seems to be the sentiment surrounding Maximus. I think Witch Doctors are using this weapon now with pet builds because the demon slave is so good.

@Fluffycobra

You know, I asked this in the original thread and completely forgot to include it in the edit. I added a request for pics and videos in the OP now, good looking out!
Reply Quote
like to mention the Maximus demon does ~35k dps!!!!! no crit but still!!!! also the chain does ~10k dps

Yes. That's why our MoC/Overwae works perfectly with Maximus :)
Reply Quote
Gents,

I'd like to second the requests for pics - and most of all, videos! - of those new legendaries. That would be most awesome.

I think there's quite a few pics and videos out there of most legendaries and procs (but more is never a bad thing!), but the one I consistently cannot find is that of the Flying Dragon. If someone who has one out there is reading this, a quick video showing the proc would be most appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
@Shinsynn

I was reading updated OP. It's best if you list out the skills affected by The Burning Axe of Sankis.

Lashing Tail Kick: Spinning Flame Kick
Exploding Palm: Essence Burn
Sweeping Wind: Fire Storm
Mystic ally: Fire Ally
Mantra of Evasion: Backlash

Also I found this link on how some of the legendary works. Maybe it will be useful to updating your OP.

http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/legendary-item-effects-work/

EDIT: Another thing, can you also put the link to legendary. Like what I did on page 1. Alot of people don't know that you can check out the stats of the legendary on the game guide of the site.
Edited by Xanshi#6393 on 9/3/2012 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Zegapain
Yes. That's why our MoC/Overwae works perfectly with Maximus :)

I didn't even think of that! Can you (or anyone else) confirm that MoC on enemies affects these numbers? I would assume it does, given then tooltip on the Mantra, but we all know how random these legendary items can be.

@Silver
I've been much slower than I wanted to getting "version 2.1" of the OP done since I've been feeling pretty awful, but I will definitely start hunting things like this down once I finish that. Anyone that wants to add links will save time getting this part done :)

@Xanshi

Thanks so much for the link! I'm not familiar with that site, so I don't know how reliable the information within is, but I ran through most of it and a good portion seems pretty consistent with the information already reported here. I did notice this creates a question for the Flying dragon though; is the proc 3 seconds or 5 seconds?

I would also charge all of our participants to review this site and report if their findings are consistent with your own (at your own leisure, of course).

Edit - @Xanshi...again!
I like your idea of adding in the abilities for weapons like this (Maximus could have the same info as Sankis), including our lightening buff weapons too. I will add in what you have contributed, as well as anything else added before that time. I would also like a list of lightening abilities for our Won Khim Lau curious Monks (although the benefits of that one are a bit more obvious). Thanks for the great idea!!!

Thanks again everyone for all your contributions. I promise to work on "2.1" as much as I can tomorrow (hopefully finish it)!!!
Edited by Shinsynn#1794 on 9/3/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Xanshi

Thanks so much for the link! I'm not familiar with that site, so I don't know how reliable the information within is, but I ran through most of it and a good portion seems pretty consistent with the information already reported here. i did notice this creates a question for the Flying dragon though; is the proc 3 seconds or 5 seconds?

Sorry I can't vouch for the site credibility. I just google some of the effects of legendaries because I wanted to find out how they work when i stumble on the site.
Reply Quote
Head and shoulder information are up. Hopefully I can get the rest up tomorrow (again, sorry for the delay).

@Xanshi

In case you didn't see my ill-placed edit, thanks for the idea to add abilities for weapons that increase elemental damage. This would be handy for everyone trying to decide if one of these would be right for them.

@Everyone

Does anyone know if there is a line/character limit for the OP? I want to add links and some ability info later and I didn't reserve a second spot since the thread evolved into what it is now...
Reply Quote
i havent read everyones post so sorry if i repost, but flying dragon is sooo nice. I bought it not too long ago cause i got convinced from this thread. I'm not sure how often it procs (sometimes right away, sometimes nothing). But whenever it does proc, holy crap it is soo fast (or maybe it seems this way since its a 2h). My attack speed jumped from 1.4 to 2.68, and during the few seconds that it last (average like 3), it can proc again, which is probably why some people say it's longer. the visual effect is pretty nice too. I believe it looks similar to the d2 barb frenzy skill.
Reply Quote
I'm glad you're happy with your purchase Stratosphere!

2.68 APS is pretty boss for 2 handed builds, even if its only for a few seconds.

You make a good point on the proc. This logic seems to find a common ground between the 3 second and 5 second claimers. I would like to see some other FD users maybe confirm Strats findings so we can get a consensus for the OP.

Thanks!!!
Reply Quote
Tanner,

This is not a sales thread. This is designed to inform Monks about legendary items in patch 1.0.4.

These post distract from to intent of the topic, and I will report any posts like this. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

I'm not trying to be rude but this has no place here. You have been warned.

Thank you.

~Shin
Edited by Shinsynn#1794 on 9/3/2012 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Xanshi

In case you didn't see my ill-placed edit, thanks for the idea to add abilities for weapons that increase elemental damage. This would be handy for everyone trying to decide if one of these would be right for them.

Yeah, I saw it. I didn't bother to reply on it. Anyway...

Your Welcome!
Reply Quote
Sold the Echoing Fury and picked up a Won Khim Lau instead. The damage increase is unbelievable. Mobs that were taking 10sec to kill now go down in 2-5sec. Lightning tornadoes do more damage (it seems).

I'll likely replace my mace with another fist, but must find one with crit dmg around the same base dps and dex.

I'm leaning towards the-fist-of-azturrasq. If I look for one with lower overall dps, but higher crit dmg, it should balance out to be more than my mace right? Taking into account attack speed and higher crit dmg? Does that make sense?
Reply Quote
^ A ballpark figure you can use for quick estimates is +10% CD = +25 DPS on a weapon. Of course, use a DPS calculator before any serious purchases.

On another note, Mempo seems to be bugged. I can't find any on the AH (I play on EU servers) with that dex roll (they are all much lower). I don't think it can roll that at all atm.
Reply Quote
bump for monks
Reply Quote
Burning axe of sankris is amazing with Backlash and essence burn combine this with fot and cyclone with a WKL and it's huge damage.
Reply Quote
Going off some other posts, seems like an ideal gear set up is:

Inna's pants, belts, armor, helm.
Nat's ring, boots.
Vile Ward.
Rare ammy.
Rare ring / skull grasp.
WKL / Echo Fury / Shenlong's set / your weapon preference.
Rare bracers.
Rare gloves.

Is there a stronger alternative than this? (I'm assuming the sweeping wind / FoT build).
Would you still want to run OWE - picking a resist for the + random stats in the set gears?
Edited by BorrowedTime#1204 on 9/4/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^ I don't think so. The Inna's set is horrible imo (no guaranteed resists anywhere for a monk? this is a DH set). The pants are good for IAS and MS (can get the same w/Lacunis), the spirit stone for CC and socket (can get the same w/rares), but that's it. There are better alternatives. The gear loadout you mentioned will have barely any resists (and if you want resists on all those legendary and set pieces, it will literally cost you a billion+), so it's good for a max DPS glass cannon, but nothing else. That might be fun though.
Reply Quote
What about Zunimassas Boots (Legacy). As far as I know they are the only boots in the game with +Increased attack speed. Plus they have the fancy +6% poison damage! Way better than the 1.04 Zunimassas boots IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]