Diablo® III

Best Monk legendary and set items for 1.0.4

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase Stratosphere!

2.68 APS is pretty boss for 2 handed builds, even if its only for a few seconds.

You make a good point on the proc. This logic seems to find a common ground between the 3 second and 5 second claimers. I would like to see some other FD users maybe confirm Strats findings so we can get a consensus for the OP.

Thanks!!!

I've counted it with a clock over two dozen times. Every time it's at least 4 seconds with a few times pushing 5 (strange but true).

The proc is 5% as I stated earlier.

If you think 2.68 is fun, try 4.0+ ;) - I was playing around with a 1.20 Flying Dragon and stacked attack speed.... INSANE.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 9/4/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, so I was trying to use a dps caluclator to see if this weapon would be better than my current, but I think I'm using it wrong.

Would someone be able to run the numbers of the following compare to my equipped mace to see if it would be worth me getting?

http://i.imgur.com/PpHEf.jpg

Additional stats that I used:
(This is all based on current equip.)

1.64 Attacks Per Second
33% crit Chance
185 Crit Dmg
36 Maximum dmg (from rings 12+24)
Reply Quote
I don't have the time to enter all your gear into the spreadsheet I'm using, but from my mental calculations (and experience), these two weapons would give you approximately the same DPS. +/- 2%. So, if I had the choice, I'd rather use the fist because of its attack speed (helps w/LoH and spirit generation), but I wouldn't buy it to replace your current weapon for any serious amount of gold.
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Tunnelmath
What about Zunimassas Boots (Legacy). As far as I know they are the only boots in the game with +Increased attack speed. Plus they have the fancy +6% poison damage! Way better than the 1.04 Zunimassas boots IMO.

These boots seem pretty underwhelming, even with the IAS. My opinion is they don't qualify for this list, but I would be happy to add them if we get some more requests for them and a good argument for it :)

Anyone else agree with Tunnelmath?
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Xanshi
EDIT: Another thing, can you also put the link to legendary. Like what I did on page 1. Alot of people don't know that you can check out the stats of the legendary on the game guide of the site.

This is something I would like to add, and maybe some pic/video links as well. The problem is I don't know how much information the OP will hold, and since this thread evolved from a simple discussion to a complete list, I didn't reserve any posts :(

If we run into any issues with space, and people really want the links, I may recreate the thread with reserved spots and we can start over.
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Shinsynn
What about Zunimassas Boots (Legacy). As far as I know they are the only boots in the game with +Increased attack speed. Plus they have the fancy +6% poison damage! Way better than the 1.04 Zunimassas boots IMO.

These boots seem pretty underwhelming, even with the IAS. My opinion is they don't qualify for this list, but I would be happy to add them if we get some more requests for them and a good argument for it :)

Anyone else agree with Tunnelmath?

I see some new Zunimassas Boot with 120+ dex and 6IAS 12MS and single res. They should work well for Monks but Nat Boot will do better because of 7% chc.

Have a look at my Tal's helm btw. It's works great and reasonably cheap.
Reply Quote
I see some new Zunimassas Boot with 120+ dex and 6IAS 12MS and single res. They should work well for Monks but Nat Boot will do better because of 7% chc.

Have a look at my Tal's helm btw. It's works great and reasonably cheap.

With the boots, and your helm, I feel there are just too many other great options to add these to the list (for each respective piece).

For your helm, it works fine, but the set isn't any good for us. We have other set options that work far better, not to mention the other legendary hem/spirit stone options.

As always, if anyone else wants to back you up and provide a good argument, I would be happy to change my opinion and add it to the OP :)

***Also, chest, bracer, and glove information was added to the OP****
Reply Quote
I know Inna works better as a set. My helm is under 10m gold while a 5 CHC 130Dex Inna is about 40m with res, but lacks 10-12% life. Plus inna helm has very low armor. If I have 100m gold to spend I would get 170Dex Inna with res. For DPS, use the pants. I only need 2 pcs from Inna set. Anybody think 0.33 spirit regen powerful enough?
Edited by ZackShepherd#1487 on 9/4/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think going beyond to 2 piece on Inna's is more about getting the 70 spirit reduction on SW, and the LpSS and spirit gen are just bonuses. The reduction on cost for SW essentially allows you to keep your 3 stacks up at all times, so you always have it up and always enter combat with full stacks.

I opted out of Inna's for now, because I could have spent my entire budget getting 4 pieces, or bought new gear for every slot. I may still go back and get the Inna's set later when I get a new budget up again, but it will take some consideration.
Edited by Shinsynn#1794 on 9/4/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Shinsynn
EDIT: Another thing, can you also put the link to legendary. Like what I did on page 1. Alot of people don't know that you can check out the stats of the legendary on the game guide of the site.

This is something I would like to add, and maybe some pic/video links as well. The problem is I don't know how much information the OP will hold, and since this thread evolved from a simple discussion to a complete list, I didn't reserve any posts :(

If we run into any issues with space, and people really want the links, I may recreate the thread with reserved spots and we can start over.

I suggest you start a new thread if you badly need the space. If you need to make references to this thread just add a link to it.
Reply Quote
So I picked up a Flying Dragon for cheap yesterday and tried it out on a Act III run (starting quest Siegebreaker).

The damage boost is better than my duel wield and I was lucky enough to get one with both crit damage and attack speed increase on it.

I can tell you that when it procs, it is amazing. I can mow down anything in my path. However when it doesn't, the slower attack speed doesn't lend itself well to LoH.

I disagree with others saying it procs every 5 seconds. I sat there in town and just held attack and watched as my attack speed did not change. I do not see any rhyme or reason to when it procs.

It does procs quite often, but not nearly every 5 seconds. Sadly, there are times where you really need it to proc and it does not.

I'm not sure if the chance it would proc would be affected by anything else (attack speed, crit chance, etc), but so far nothing has been consistent for me.

Overall, it is a great weapon. I think if there was one with Attack Speed, Crit Dmg and LoH, it'd be near perfect. However I have yet to see such exist. Or maybe Attack Speed, Crit Dmg, Socket. That'd be nice too.

You can check my profile for specs on it. The DPS is unbuffed.
Reply Quote
I can vouch for the pwn stick that is Flying Dragon. Bought a mediocre one the other day and it is a blast to use. Best of all, it looks really cool and makes you feel like a bona fide monk.

09/05/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Rodolpho
I disagree with others saying it procs every 5 seconds.

They're saying the proc lasts for 5 seconds when it happens, which seems to be a ~1/20 occurance. I would agree with these numbers.
Reply Quote
I can vouch for the pwn stick that is Flying Dragon. Bought a mediocre one the other day and it is a blast to use. Best of all, it looks really cool and makes you feel like a bona fide monk.

I disagree with others saying it procs every 5 seconds.

They're saying the proc lasts for 5 seconds when it happens, which seems to be a ~1/20 occurance. I would agree with these numbers.

That I would agree with indeed.
Reply Quote
Does anyone use the crystal fist, i think it has quite high IAS.
Reply Quote
Well, I can add my voice to the list of satisfied customers with the Maximus. I can also second the claims that the demon does 30-ish damage per hit, and that it procs for pretty much every fight. I'm very seldom without my demon companion when I'm in the thick of it, and he stays for the majority of the fight as well, seems like. (I do about 55K dmg with enchanteress.)

I found mine via bidding (i.e. not buyout), for just over 6 mil. I think that's a good price, for one with dex, life steal and a socket.

The fire chain is nothing to spit at either - it ticks often and can really be useful. I'm using this with a Backlash build, with Firestorm rune in Sweeping Wind, and this is really going well for me. Highly recommended!
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,
Sorry for slacking, I've gotten much more sick over the last several days, so I'm a bit slow going :(

I did get the belt and pants up, and I'm working on the amulets and rings now.

Thanks for all your input, there's a lot of good discussion going on here! I'll go back over the last few pages once I get the amulets and rings up to see what I missed and jump back in the discussion.

@Silver

I like the Maximus, its a fun weapon. Xanshi suggested on page 6 that I add our fire based skills for The Burning Axe of Sankis to the OP, and I plan to do the same for Maximus, so thanks for letting me know what you like to use with this weapon.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Rodolpho
Overall, it is a great weapon. I think if there was one with Attack Speed, Crit Dmg and LoH, it'd be near perfect. However I have yet to see such exist. Or maybe Attack Speed, Crit Dmg, Socket. That'd be nice too.

You never seen one because it will never exist. Check the link.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/flying-dragon

As you can see, Flying Dragon can only have two random magic properties. So it's impossible for you to get those 3 properties.
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 12:56 PMPosted by demon
Does anyone use the crystal fist, i think it has quite high IAS.

What are you saying. Crystal Fist doesn't have a build in aspd stat.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/crystal-fist

Nothing noteworthy about Crystal Fist, the stats can be obtain on a rare 1 hand weapon.
Reply Quote
Does anyone by chance know the attack speed formula used to figure APS when dual wielding Echoing Fury and Won Khim Lau (or another 1 handed weapon would work in place of WKL)?

Specifically, when the IAS from gear, dual wield, and EF's +2X APS are configured in the formula.

Also, when you attack with EF/WKL combo, your alternating hands show different attack speeds depending on which hand is loaded for the next hit. Is this a sign that the +2X APS on EF do not apply to other weapon like originally thought, or did I have a brain fart?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
EF +.2x aps applies to offhand. You just have different speed weapons most likely. That's why Echoing fury is such a HUGE dps increase even over weapons with higher dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]