Diablo® III

Best Monk legendary and set items for 1.0.4

Just a couple things to add. Mempo isn't giving 170-200 stats, it's bugged. Also, unity doesn't seem to exist. For some reason it isn't dropping.
Reply Quote
very nice thread keep up the good work
Reply Quote
Xanshi
View profile
09/06/2012 12:56 PMPosted by demon
Does anyone use the crystal fist, i think it has quite high IAS.

What are you saying. Crystal Fist doesn't have a build in aspd

Noticed how I said I think and not saying it does, don't get your knickers in a knot.
The one I have has 11% to attack speed.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Shinsynn
Nice! Thanks Zoidburg, I'll put your info in the OP.

np :)
Reply Quote
Tyrael's Might!

Imo is good enough to be added to the list.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet in the thread.

Love the thread btw, I peak at page 1 often.
Reply Quote
Okay, every rough description is up now except the 2 legendary shields and the set information. Revisions will begin this weekend as I have a chance to go over the information posted in this thread since I began the descriptions, as well as any testing and research I've been able to do.

I would like some input on those 2 shields from our sword and board Monks, since I have very little shield knowledge post 1.0.4.

Much of this was just to get some information in for each piece, so feel free to request information added or removed where necessary.

09/07/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Teckno
Tyrael's Might!

Agreed! This item is now added to the OP.

Just a couple things to add. Mempo isn't giving 170-200 stats, it's bugged. Also, unity doesn't seem to exist. For some reason it isn't dropping.

Thanks Linky! The OP was edited to reflect your findings
Edited by Shinsynn#1794 on 9/7/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tyrael's Might.. thought about it too. It's quite cheap in comparison.

But keep in mind, that MS is hardcapped at 25% imo. With Fleed Footed it is 35%, right?

I have 11% on my boots, 12% on my Lacunis and 10% from Fleet Footed, which is 33%.

I'm considering Inna's Pants, so I can switch FleetFooted for Resolve or sth. else and Tyrael's Might would be unnecessary.

Consider that.

But maybe i'll get another Pants and then Tyrael's Might would be the right choise again.

Going for Wichting Hour as a Belt. Stone of Jordan with SW or FoT.
Firewalkers as boots or Natalya's Boots and maybe the Ring for Critchance.

There are a lot of nice items out there now.. hard to choose.

/ EU Realm
Edited by DocBrown#1253 on 9/7/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tyrael's Might.. thought about it too. It's quite cheap in comparison.

But keep in mind, that MS is hardcapped at 25% imo. With Fleed Footed it is 35%, right?

I have 11% on my boots, 12% on my Lacunis and 10% from Fleet Footed, which is 33%.

In the OP, I stated that I consider it a good option if you still need movement speed (I think I was adding that while you were posting).

Yes, MS is capped at 25%, and Monks can go to 35% with Fleet Footed. Personally, I consider the cap at 24%, since most increases are 12%, and 1% extra isn't worth making a gear decision over. If it happens by chance, that's okay, but I wouldn't gear for it. I suppose if you had some rare boots with less than 12% it might make a better argument, though.

I also agree with you that there are alot of good items out there, and we have alot of combinations to choose from. Hopefully this thread will be helpful for those looking to map out an upgrade path :D
Reply Quote
Subscribed
Reply Quote
Keep up the good work, coming back to this thread on a daily basis now.

Just a small question from Europe:

What's the prices in US AH?

Cheapest Inna's Temperance in EU-AH: 28,5kk
Cheapest Witching Hour: 40kk (no search-stats added)

Nice Blackthornes Chest with Dex, Vita and my Fire Resi: 200kk+
Reply Quote
Wouldn't Depth Diggers with like 240 dex + 2 Sockets out dps Inna pants? If so, I think Tyrael's Body would be a good choice.
Reply Quote
Just a small question from Europe:

What's the prices in US AH?

Cheapest Inna's Temperance in EU-AH: 28,5kk
Cheapest Witching Hour: 40kk (no search-stats added)

Nice Blackthornes Chest with Dex, Vita and my Fire Resi: 200kk+

Did a quick search for you, and seems that much is the same:

Cheapest Inna's Temperance - 30million
Cheapest Witching Hour - 3 at ~35 million that all had barb damage stats, and ~42 million for the first without. I've been watching these and ~40 million seems about the average lowest price (at least that I've seen).
Blackthorne's Chest with Dex, Vit, and Fire Res - These are hard to find. My search for dex, vit, and fire resist with no min values only turned up 3 total items, rangin from 40 million to 60 million buyout (but with less than 100 dex).
Reply Quote
OP,

Just saw an item called Schaefers's Hammer on sale in the general chat. Two-handed mace, with also an increase to lightning damage, increased lightning skills dmg, guaranteed IAS and guaranteed 15-16% life. Also a "chance to be protected by lightning". 1 random prop. Thing is, no guaranteed core stats.

Certainly not saying it's BIS or anything, but could be something interesting for 2-handers looking for some of Won Khim Lau's benefits....?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/schaeferss-hammer
Edited by Silver#1169 on 9/8/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
some updates for SOJ & Hellcat Waistguard... they're important considerations because of Spirit Regen... especially on a budget.

The regen potential of equipping both flat out beats the set bonuses... however, 4pc Inna's cost reduction is hard to argue.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot for this thread!

Even though I can't afford your high-end builds, thanks to the OP I tried the combo Hallowed Hand + Hallowed Defender (Profile /Europe).
It was just amazing to have a similar attackspeed as pre-1.03 in the sword and board combo (Right now at 2.0, still searching for IAS amulet with LoH + Critdam).
Now farming Act3 Inferno at decent speed is finally no problem anymore :).

Keep up the good work!
Edited by maniacs7#2922 on 9/10/2012 4:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot for this thread!

Even though I can't afford your high-end builds, thanks to the OP I tried the combo Hallowed Hand + Hallowed Defender (Profile /Europe).
It was just amazing to have a similar attackspeed as pre-1.03 in the sword and board combo (Right now at 2.0, still searching for IAS amulet with LoH + Critdam).
Now farming Act3 Inferno at decent speed is finally no problem anymore :).

Keep up the good work!

Thanks maniacs7! The thread has been a bit slow going due to unforeseen circumstances... and football, lol! I do plan to add alot more information like the set portion and links for everything including gear and a few damage calculators (post your favorite ones Monks), which may require a new thread. I will let you all know when I do so we can slowly move the conversations there :)

Getting a full set of legendary gear can get reeeeally expensive, so I'm glad you were able to find a setup that works for you on your budget. I have a 2 handed weapon, dual wield setup, and plan to try the Hallowed Defenders like you have eventually, after I can finally get my expensive helm with socket, that is ><
Reply Quote
Sky Splitter (axe) - Guaranteed to roll IAS and high LPS. Also, the Smite proc is a stun that lasts a few seconds. More information is needed on this proc.

I have been using the axe for awhile. As far as I can tell, the smite is actually the Lashing Tail Kick > Hand of Ytar ability. It's an AoE snare that hits pretty hard. It also looks visually similar.
Reply Quote
Hallowed Defender (set/ Hallowed Defenders) - With 61-70 resist all, +8% block, and 4 random properties, this has potential to be a very nice shield on its own, so the set bonus of 5% IAS and +40 resist all make this item even more appealing. See the 1 handed weapons for this item’s counterpart.

It should also be noted that this shield looks awesome. See: http://i.imgur.com/CWcnQ.png
Edited by Aureus#1422 on 9/10/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wat is nice boot for monk? ice climber?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]