Diablo® III

triumvirate

so, why is this scource popular among top players? is there a secret with the +dmg%?

otherwise i couldnt understand why it would be better than a tal rasha/oculus or even a chantodos force.
Reply Quote
From what I've read, the +5/6% to Cold/Fire/Lightning damage is added onto your weapon as +damage, resulting in a ~+15% damage boost.
Something along the lines of each type of damage being added onto your weapon - if you imagine your weapon having an average of +500 damage, the source would add +25 Cold Damage, +25 Lightning Damage, and +25 Fire Damage.
At least that's what I've been reading.
Reply Quote

next question: weapon dmg means only the damage on the weapon or my complete amount of basic damage, including dmg on rings, offhand etc.?
Reply Quote
Then why can't Blizzard actually phrase the affix correctly? As is reads, it means whatever current elemental damage you apply is increased by x%. So it could potentially be 0.

Why not word it so people don't make huge gearing mistakes?

For example:
+ 6% base weapon damage as Fire damage

Key word 'as'. Current wording is 'to' which is completely incorrect English for what the item provides.
Reply Quote
because oculus and chandoto are fking expensive
Reply Quote
okay, so one last question :)

increases the +dmg% my dps display in the char screen? or does it work like "hidden dps"?
Reply Quote
Actually displayed and added to paperdoll dps
Reply Quote
Lets put it this way. with no force weapon, no glass cannon, my triumvirate gives me 18k dps by itself. and it only has 213 bonus damage.
Reply Quote
My Triumvirate give me 15k DPS boost... an awesome off-hand :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]