Diablo® III

Stuck dead character?

Continues to happen. I have a little more information on the glitch. It happened while using furious charge with dreadnought while fighting an elite. After the charge I became stuck and unable to move. 6th time in 2 days. Beyond annoying at this point.

At first I thought it was just in act 3, not the case. Then I thought it was a revenge spamming issue...also not the case. I can't say for sure if it only happens with 5 stacks of NV, because it's so sporadic I always just seem to have 5 stacks when it happens.

It appears to be the charge, or for the monk the dashing strike, making the character get glitched. It also seems to occur when trying to charge around an obstacle instead of in a straight path. My guess is the character is getting stuck while trying to path around the object during the charge. Can't verify that however...get so frustrated when it happens I forget all of the details such as mob affixes and combat situations.

Please find an answer for this issue.
Reply Quote
My Barb just died and I can see the cross but I dont have a ressurect button I can click. I had a 5x buff and I had one of my few unique items on the ground and I couldnt get it :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Just happened to me, scared to leave game and possibly die
Reply Quote
same issue. didn't realize you cant die.

tip: its almost always when i fight a champion mob. i THINK it has to do with using skills very close together with one another. i found it happened when i tried to leap and furious charge.. not sure if coincidence or just skepticism.

please hot fix soon!
Reply Quote
same issue. didn't realize you cant die.

tip: its almost always when i fight a champion mob. i THINK it has to do with using skills very close together with one another. i found it happened when i tried to leap and furious charge.. not sure if coincidence or just skepticism.

please hot fix soon!

There's no link to champ packs, I've had it with normal mobs.

The link to using skills close together, though, I'm sure, yes.
I've been able to link it to high player population times too.

Pre 1.0.4 this would happen for me very rarely, like a frequency average of once every 200 hours or so. But the game was quite dead.

1.0.4 hit and this bug came with a vengeance, I couldn't go more than 3 hours on the 1.0.4 launch night.

It calmed down slightly the next few days but then the weekend hit and I'm stuck every 30 mins to an hour.

This last week hasn't been too bad but had a few on evenings in peek time.

Weekend now and here we go again, 3 times today so far.

There is a problem with the servers handling rapid skill information from a client when there are a lot of people playing.

Fix your servers please Blizzard, this is one region you are still in the dark ages with.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 9/2/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This just happend to me in my game with my barb - used furious charge (merciless assault) and now I'm stuck in place...happened while I was fighting a group of elites...

nothing works at all now...it seems I can drop stuffs from my inventory outside, but it can never be picked up again after that :S

i'm on 1.0.4 patch as well - first time it's ever happened. BLIZZARD, please fix this
Reply Quote
double post--deleted
Edited by DireWolf#6317 on 9/12/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Happens when I use charge

So god damn annoying, as with most bugs...months and months or never to be fixed...typical
Reply Quote
+1 to Katastrophy. Happens with charge. Also, I've never once had this happen in group play, but probably 6 or 8 times solo since 1.04. Seems like nearly every time I try and play on my own this happens. Any have issues in public games with this?

edit: I'm not always dead when I get stuck.
Edited by uglymouth#1569 on 9/2/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got stuck again last night (4th time yesterday) and it was an occultist pack down to the last one.

He was rarely coming into range for my revenge or auto attack to catch him but my enchantress was getting him down. That's when I noticed he kept leaving my screen.

I was only holding on because if he happened to drop decent loot, I could invite a game saver so I could come back for the loot, if he died off my screen I wouldn't see the loot.

So I had the idea to dismiss my enchantress while he was at real low health.
Only after I'd dismissed her did I realize he was vampiric. Damn, he's regaining health.

Anyway, I'm just about to leave the game when he decided to go so far away that I 'left combat'. That's when the message popped up 'Survived combat with 0.4 life'

Lawl.
Reply Quote
C'mon, Blues!!

At least acknowledge this and communicate so we can help, know what information you need to fix it etc.

I can't go more than 2 days (if real lucky) without getting this more than once per day. Also can't find any common denominator to each happening.

Help us to help you, or just fix it already.
Reply Quote
Waiting for Blizzard to fix bugs is like waiting to see 2 747's collide in midair
Reply Quote
Bump.

The only way to be sure that posts have been seen, is to get a ban for spamming.
Throwing my forum posting rights away again in hope of acknowledgement.
Reply Quote
Just happened to me again!!! another 5 stacks of NV down the drain!!! How many posts is it going to take for there to be some acknowledgment that this bug is a problem of many... and action taken to correct it...
Reply Quote
5 times already today.

I haven't been able to finish a map/game today.

This game is so broken, almost as broken as the support.
Reply Quote
Awww c'mon, guys.

I've started doing Act IV runs now as they are so short, in the hope to minimize the frustration of this bug.

But I'm lucky if I can get past Silver Spire lvl 1 without encountering stuck, leave game, lose stacks and loot.

How can you possibly just ignore this and maintain integrity, transparency and any hint that you care?
Reply Quote
Still happening in 1.0.5, as soon as you put yourself in any sort of challenging situation with a lot of info to be processed, using FC gets you stuck.

Just got stuck on a key warden, no key drop but if there was, I'd lose it.

Please, Blizzard, at least let us know you are aware of this issue.
Reply Quote
There's no link to champ packs, I've had it with normal mobs.

The link to using skills close together, though, I'm sure, yes.
I've been able to link it to high player population times too.

There is a problem with the servers handling rapid skill information from a client when there are a lot of people playing.

Fix your servers please Blizzard, this is one region you are still in the dark ages with.

Do it for SKILL DIVERSITY and furious charge blizz.. do somethnig, and please give us information on this thread
Reply Quote
Is there anything at all being done about this, Blizzard?

Here's the thing, Low MP is by far the most rewarding, but if you want a bit more challenging content, higher MP's are there. But, as soon as you ramp up the need for Furious Charge you get stuck every single game. Not all of us barbs are happy to 100% WotB immune through the monster affixes that you kind of built the game around.

Build diversity and MP choice is just not happening, while you ignore this long broken skill.
Reply Quote
If you want a thread combining every other threads about this issue please follow the link and post : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006892777
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]