Diablo® III

Not having fun? Try Iron-man mode ...

I've updated the Ironman rules to account for Monster Power, and added some other info for clarification.
Reply Quote
I've done all this with my monk since I started in early July. It's been a blast. I even beat Inferno before 1.0.5 went live. Got too much gold I can't use, though ;-)
Reply Quote
@Vrkhyz,

I'm impressed! How many hours of play did it take to beat inferno using Ironman rules? You must be one steadfast player!
Reply Quote
Boring
Reply Quote
Thank you for the bump, Thunderkiddie!
Reply Quote
6 week bump
Reply Quote
They should have ironman realms (or servers whatever you want to call it). No AH, no trading of any kind. Maybe multiplayer games still allowed. But still no trading or can't see what people drop on the ground. Ironman realms would make for the type of "ladder season" I'd re-roll.

Wouldn't be for everyone but I wouldn't be interested in ladder resets of server with rules as they are, as long as you can pool gear together or buy gold from 3rd party sites.

I know the thread isn't about ladder resets but if you expand the idea of ironman to ladder resets that could be very interesting!
Reply Quote
People did this when game went live because that was the only way to play. Thats why they all quit because gearing up on drops you get and not using the AH is impossible. I farmed daily probably 7-8 hours until RMAH was released and finally was forced to buy gold because I couldnt even beat Act 1, even in a 4 man party Butcher wiped us over and over. No one told me the only correct class to play at launch was Demon Hunter. I never once found a single drop that I could use as a Monk and pretty much all of them were crappy level 53-57 items anyways. Also I cant really call it farming because I died to 80% of elite packs because again no one told me the only correct class to play was DH.

Now you can build a full set of gear to farm Act 3 for the price of what a 1-2 upgrades used to cost. If there was never a RMAH or nerfs I would still be in Act 1, 7 months later, beating my face against the wall.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 12/11/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
When did this 'Ironman' term replace the original 'Purist' term? Dosnt even make sense. Does this come from WOW?
Reply Quote
I wanted to try something like this but only using blue items.
Reply Quote
I'm doing this on Hardcore. Not going to use the AH whatsoever. I only use found or crafted gear. All gems will be from being picked up or upgraded at the jeweler. My goal is just to get to level 60. I don't think I'll attempt completing Inferno since I'm more invested in getting to PL 100 with my softcore character.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 02:53 PMPosted by WhiteVirus

NOW thats an interesting challenge.
Reply Quote
I am doing this with my HC barb it is really intense
Reply Quote
My DH was leveled to about lvl 50 this way.

But even the Act 2 in Hell was way too difficult back then, I was stuck there for quite a while.

I would say, without AH, I would be stuck there forever, until the nerf.
Reply Quote
People did this when game went live because that was the only way to play. Thats why they all quit because gearing up on drops you get and not using the AH is impossible. I farmed daily probably 7-8 hours until RMAH was released and finally was forced to buy gold because I couldnt even beat Act 1, even in a 4 man party Butcher wiped us over and over. No one told me the only correct class to play at launch was Demon Hunter. I never once found a single drop that I could use as a Monk and pretty much all of them were crappy level 53-57 items anyways. Also I cant really call it farming because I died to 80% of elite packs because again no one told me the only correct class to play was DH.

Now you can build a full set of gear to farm Act 3 for the price of what a 1-2 upgrades used to cost. If there was never a RMAH or nerfs I would still be in Act 1, 7 months later, beating my face against the wall.

Yea but the game is a lot easier now. You don't need the same quality gear as you did when the game went live.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 03:00 PMPosted by DwightDSO

NOW thats an interesting challenge.

People have already done it in all blues months ago. I say the true challenge is in wearing all whites.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 04:20 PMPosted by DeadRu
"Start a new character (preferable on an empty server where Blacksmith and Jeweller are level zero)." Explain to me how you do this short of buying another account?

Create a character on one of the other two servers (Europe or Asia). If you already have characters there then you are out of luck.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Zodiac
When did this 'Ironman' term replace the original 'Purist' term? Dosnt even make sense. Does this come from WOW?

Not specifically from WOW. Purist and Vanilla are like minded terms and Ironman can mean different things; it has been used for years in many games. This was discussed somewhere in this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]