Diablo® III

Not having fun? Try Iron-man mode ...

View profile
This is not a iron man mode

A real iron man is keep playing D3 24/7 no sleep no drink no eat and no toilet !

He/She is real iron man!
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 1/7/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is not a iron man mode

A real iron man is keep playing D3 24/7 no sleep no drink no eat and no toilet !

He/She is real iron man!

Okay MADTHUNDER2. What name would be appropriate then? I was taught to always have at least one solution to any problem discussed.
Edited by SirRight#1618 on 1/20/2013 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
If I remember correctly, one of the Iron Man variants with D2 was self-found only and you could never repair items. When things broke, you had to switch to a different item. I think they generally never bought from vendors or gambled either. It's a style that that forces you to safeguard really nice equipment in your stash and only bust it out for boss fights and such.

It makes the Ignores Durability Loss affix one of the best ones in the game when found on a really nice item.
Reply Quote
This game is so badly designed that the players have to put their own limitation in order to have fun.

How great.
Reply Quote
As Tiapriensess stated above, there are many games that have an Ironman challenge and each is slightly different. Don't like the name Ironman then let's call it something else. Any ideas?

since you are using the ah to sell, lets call it Aluminuman

Me and a couple friends leveled this way to start with, at launch. It was pretty fun. But I also had a blast over gearing my wizard with reduced level items and nuking my way through inferno after struggling to make it on my monk.

I might try something like this in the future with my next toon.
Reply Quote
This game is so badly designed that the players have to put their own limitation in order to have fun.

How great.

I could argue that a game that has the freedom to allow us to impose our own limitations is in itself, a good design :p

For instance in God of War, you can't really nerf yourself and your damage output to make the game harder.
Edited by tuluka#1247 on 1/20/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thats not fun

Diablo 3 cannot be played without AH thats the point of AH

Loots are very bad, blues more powerful than yellows and Leg, no thanks
Reply Quote
Thats not fun

Diablo 3 cannot be played without AH thats the point of AH

Loots are very bad, blues more powerful than yellows and Leg, no thanks

Well JOHN, it probably isn't fun for you but others may think differently. I have never bought from either AH, nor have I traded with others (except one level 30 item which is long since replaced) and I have fun. My wife also plays this way except that she has bought blacksmith plans on the gold AH; she has fun.
Reply Quote
08/26/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Waffle!@#$
I pretty much did this the first time I ran through this game. On my monk I leveled all the way to Hell Diablo and got stuck. It wasn't until then I started seeing what the AH was and how NEEDED it is in the later game.

Same here with my monk, never used AH until about level 55
Reply Quote
68 Undead Priest
02/09/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Monoxide27
I pretty much did this the first time I ran through this game. On my monk I leveled all the way to Hell Diablo and got stuck. It wasn't until then I started seeing what the AH was and how NEEDED it is in the later game.

Same here with my monk, never used AH until about level 55

I remember being in this same boat at launch

and my heart sinking when I realized that they literally designed the game this way, a loot hunt game where you need to use an auction house to gear up...
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
12/26/2012 02:50 PMPosted by SirRight
This could even be a ladder event that is reset after a period. Some people can play more hours than others, so there would have to be some sort of averaging to determine a winner?

Poe already does this in the form of 3 hour and 1 week races. :) You make a brand new char who would than be eligable to join a certain race (which is its own server). That char cannot share any other characters loot or stash. Start fresh and level until time runs out. Top 5 i believe or top 10 win prizes.
Reply Quote
This could even be a ladder event that is reset after a period. Some people can play more hours than others, so there would have to be some sort of averaging to determine a winner?

Poe already does this in the form of 3 hour and 1 week races. :) You make a brand new char who would than be eligable to join a certain race (which is its own server). That char cannot share any other characters loot or stash. Start fresh and level until time runs out. Top 5 i believe or top 10 win prizes.

That would be great, Swagnificint, if Blizzard did something like that! What kind of prizes?
Edited by SirRight#1618 on 2/27/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
On a simlar subject, I recently gave away all my items, gold completly emptied my stash... and than I deleted all my chars... YES DELETED ALL CHARS. and started over fresh. I wanted to prove something to a friend, how easy the game is now. Took me 3 days to go from lvl 1 to lvl 60 pl 8+ with 90k dps, 45k hp, 450 ar. By the time I hit lvl 60 I had enough cash to gear to 50k dps with 300 ar, witch was enough to go all the way through to the start of a4, prob coulda did a4 but figured it was time to start farming. I have over 1000 hours loged in game, and had all toons but WD at lvl 60 with PLs, so was a rather big change. ( Note I did keep my gems.. couldnt bring myself to get rid of them. ) So far I've spent less than 2 mil on the AH, most money went to the black smith crafting and I got some pretty lucky rolls.

Short of it, It accually made the game fun again, screw the PL and 300 mf, screw trying to farm to make money. I am having fun, and thats what its all about, granted in another 3 or 4 days I will be bored with 200k dps and nothing to do, at which point I will prob do a Iron-man or try to finsh lvling a hardcore toon.

Do what it takes to make the game fun again, to heck with every thing else. Roll a toon on the euro / Asia servers so you can start fresh, do or don't use the AH, just play for fun NOT profit. Playing for profit is what kills the game.
Reply Quote
@ valorx. Wow. I don't think I could bring myself to delete all characters and start over...you have guts my friend! I'm glad that you are having fun again!
Reply Quote
You may sell items on the Auction House but may not buy any

If you're gonna play iron man, then don't cheat to get more gold. This directly affects your ability to craft more gear than you could without selling on the AH.

Very good point; I will modify the original post.

Edit: OP now reads "- You may not buy or sell items on either Auction House"
Edited by SirRight#1618 on 2/27/2013 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
how bout....try a new game instead of trying to invent ways to make this one fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]