Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 is way better then wow and D3

Let's face it, Guild Wars 2 is way better then wow and diablo 3, I don't even want to play those games now.

So good bye Blizzard, I am sure I won't come back even if you get pvp up for D3 or wow hits 6.0 what so ever.
Reply Quote
How much does ArenaNet pay you for your viral advertising?
Reply Quote
LOL!!!

You think Blizzard cares? They already got your money. And GW2 is crap, just another failed wow killer. Enjoy your crappy game! You'll be back soon...
Reply Quote
Heard this before from other games.

Why don't you lot make one thread? It would save the forums some disk space.
Reply Quote
Never say never. Your wow account will be sitting there waiting for you to resub someday even if its only for a month here and there. You had fun there admit it. They deserve a friendly wave see you around rather than the finger I think.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Jackalack
You think Blizzard cares?

They do when it comes to MOP unit sales and subs for WoW.

Enjoy your crappy game!

And GW2 is crap

Have you played it?

08/31/2012 01:17 AMPosted by supersonic
Your wow account will be sitting there waiting for you to resub someday

Lol, not going to lie, I can't count how many times I've renewed my sub for WoW, but for me I've put it away finally, but man those were some great years.
Reply Quote
OP is a moron/troll.

just another failed wow killer

The people that hate the game use "WoW Killer" far more than anyone that likes the game. People seem to think that's the standard for a game to be successful.
Reply Quote
I am skeptical... because... if I find a new game that's much better than the previous one, I would just stay there, visit and post on their forum and totally forget about the old game... in some cases I even forgot the password of the old game if they were not the same...

But that's just me.
Reply Quote
I am skeptical... because... if I find a new game that's much better than the previous one, I would just stay there, visit and post on their forum and totally forget about the old game... in some cases I even forgot the password of the old game if they were not the same...

But that's just me.

I'm sure many people do the same thing you do, and I'm sure, they aren't here posting, but you wouldn't really notice someone *not posting now would you?
Reply Quote
I have been playing gw2 and enjoying it quite abit.I renewed my wow account to see what the new patch was about and I can honestly say even after not playing the game for 3 months I was instantly bored as hell.After getting into gw2 combat its hard to go back to boring wow rotations where you hit buttons and your toon does not even preform a animation for it.I feel so disconnected from looking at blobs of colors in the center of my screen and not being able to see my character or what hes doing and it not mattering because I'll I have to do is worry about my rotation and maybe some fire on the ground .wow is basically stare at addons,bars,debuffs ect while you preform your rotation which at one point I admit I did enjoy.If the encounters are amazing I will prob check out mists but I can truly say that gw2 thus far feels superior to wow for ME combat wise anyway.Iv yet to see any endgame because I'm only level 30 and iv yet to do a dungeon but I haven't had so much fun fighting and watching my toon do sick !@# combat animations and roll out of the way in a mmo yet.I feel like the combat is like tera and wow had a child. Maybe it's not for everyone but its for 95% of the people on metacritic and that's more we can say for old diablo 3 here which despite it being a fun game and all is hardly a epic rpg by any stretch of the word.Now with that little rant over everyone just play what the hell makes there shlong wiggle because wow,D3,GW2 whatever you like to play aren't going anywhere soon and whether a mmo has 1 million or 1 billion players as long as there is enough players on your given server guess what it doesn't matter.Now enough of this game is better than that game and just play what you like dammit because the verdict is out gw2 is a great game to the majority of it's players and so is wow and D3 and a few trolls saying they are bad means about as much as saying something is good because the amount of customers it has kinda like saying mcdonalds is the best restaurant in the world.
Edited by Chris#11390 on 9/5/2012 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I got GW2 and Torchlight 2 once I realized D3 was crap. I am not dissapointed with GW2, thats not to say D3 may not have improved. However I did not pay $60 to be a beta tester for Jay Wilsons experiments in gameplay.

Don't get me wrong the paragon levels may have fixed/improved the game a lot. However for me its too little too late. I am already playing GW2 and its a huge amount of fun.

The OP may be a troll or not. I am not dogging D3 but it has to be fixed quite a bit. I wanted a game that was was least semi-ready from the get go.
Reply Quote
Nothing is going to "kill WoW." Nothing is ever going to put WoW out of business like CoH is out of business.

GW2 is a good game and it's good enough that I've not cared to put some time down to even try the new D3 patch that supposedly made the game actually decent because Blizzrad blew it !@#$ing hardcore in the many months it took them to get there. Sure, I'm interested, but it's not worth my free time in lieu of other things (being busy lately, allocating much of my game time to GW2 at the moment.)

WoW is boring after 6 years. Kudos to those who are still enjoying it--"I'm playing the best game, loser" attitudes are turbo juvenile.
Edited by Lethlora#1659 on 9/5/2012 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
D3 is dead to me, the lack of innovation and misunderstanding of "fun" from producers has terminated the game for me. Furthermore, my faith towards BLZ since Warcracft 2:Tides of Darkness has been ruined as well. BLZ used to be a company with innovations and guts to put such thing into their products. But now, it is becoming another milking machine as evil as Activision and EA.

GW2 is an amazing game. I enjoy every mins of it. The fun from new ideas/ gaming mechanics, awesome graphic engines, wonderful art style and cares in detail really reminds me WOW before Cataclysm. It really shows what an epic game it could be made when producers really put their new ideas and hearts into a 7 year-long project. Compared to that, D3 team should be ashamed for themselves.
Reply Quote
I really think it depends on the type of MMO that you like as to which is better.

I think that WOW is more for people that are into loot hunting since so much depends on your gear, where GW2 doesn't depend nearly as much on gear.

Personally while I enjoy both GW2, and WOW, I do prefer WOW for the loot hunt. But I'm not playing WOW and haven't in a few years now as I don't care to pay for any more MMO subscriptions, there not much per month, but once you add up a family of 4 with each one having a subscription and times that by 5 years it is actually a rather large amount of money... About the price of a 16 year old's first second hand junker car.
Reply Quote
GW2 is a great game, Diablo 3 is a great game, never played WOW so I'm not sure about that one but I'm sure I smell troll fat.
Reply Quote
I do wish gw2 had a little more variety in their quick battlegrounds. They are all variations of wow's arathi basin in that you hold spots to collect points. They are varied somewhat in that one has an underwater spot and another has siege weapons that can lay waste to each of the hold spots. It is fun running the siege weapon or destroying the other teams siege weapon. Havent tried the world vs world vs world yet. Was a little worried when I saw 8 tiers of pvp (glory) vendors but turns out its the same stuff just cooler looking so older players arent going to be smashing noobs based on gear alone. One good thing about the quick bg's is that they keep coming non stop and I spend almost zero time waiting for ques.

Individually your pvp abilities are not going to change the tide of battle. The power of the individual is drastically reduced. The quick battles are more about which team gets to 500 points first then how much face you have smashed in.

Cannot enter quick battles as a party as far as I know. But was able to find a battle server with a couple empty spots so we both qued for the same battle server. Then you are both always in the same battle but on opposing teams for about half the time. I would have been very disheartened if we were unable to pvp together. Can arena as a party but that is not our thing.

Kinda disheartening when I do win a 1vs1 only to end up with very little life and the other player still half alive on the ground throwing stuff at me and I die too. Then we are both half dead on the ground having one of those fights where you slap each other in the face.
Reply Quote
Let's face it, Guild Wars 2 is way better then wow and diablo 3, I don't even want to play those games now.

So good bye Blizzard, I am sure I won't come back even if you get pvp up for D3 or wow hits 6.0 what so ever.

I thought this was a serious thread until i read GW2, than i knew it was a troll post.

LOL @ a company that bans people for purchasing vendor item's.
Edited by zKrieg#1561 on 9/8/2012 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its better then d3, it is NOT better then WoW. Its pretty much an updated Warhammer clone.

Meaning that the gameplay gets thin and old after the glamour wears off.

The pvp seemed cool, until you do it for awhile and realize its just a zerg fest and very spammy. Most of the time you are better off just spamming everything but your heal as soon as it comes off CD. Even dodges. The bgs are small and invite lots of zergy outnumbered matches that get old very fast, and the skills are very bland and its hard to really tell what anyone is doing in a team fight besides just spamming crap.

Its pvp feeling is/was very niche, exactly like Warhammer. I tried to like it, but I ended up putting in for a refund.

WoW arenas are simply a better pvp system, and I found wow bgs more fun too.

The one place GW2 pvp excels is in 1v1s, but these moments are shortchanged as soon as you get 2v1, 3v1. Not to mention the points are so low, that its hard to have any sort of magical comeback or back and forth action.

And the trebuchet's are irritating, so is random pve bosses on a pvp map.

You like WoW more than Guild Wars 2. That doesn't mean that it's better.

I could just as easily take the opposing position, saying that Guild Wars 2 is better than WoW and talk about Guild Wars 2's strengths and WoW's weaknesses. Both games have their share of positives and negatives. Each game offers more to different kinds of players.

On a side note, I'm always fascinated when people talk about something like PvP and complain that it's a "zerg fest". Isn't overwhelming an enemy's position with superior numbers a sound strategy?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]