Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 is way better then wow and D3

09/17/2012 09:16 PMPosted by DynomiteDave
Im not the one who needs luck. If I play MoP, I doubt Ill be facing a server merge like you will anytime soon.

Lol I doubt more money will slip out of my pocket for playing GW2 unlike WoW where you're committed monthly.

Server merge... hmm... anytime soon now, i've only been seeing server expansions... but yeah anytime soon now...
Reply Quote
No games will ever kill WoW. Not as long as kids are poisoned by fluoride in drink water.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Dolora
No games will ever kill WoW. Not as long as kids are poisoned by fluoride in drink water.

LoL, fully agreed at the first part.

WoW is going to kill itself. Commit gamesuicide with every expansion it dies a lot more.

GW2 is on a different level in terms of quality & business model.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/28/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

Hahaha wonder if the bottom of that graph hurts cause it looks like GW2 is gonna crash into it with a flop explosion after 1 MONTH.

Take it for what you will, but thats pretty sad it cant hold even half the players for a month. Bad endgame is bad.

The graph is a pretty good indication of the game. Please post better proof then twitch and xfire if you are gonna rebuttal. Thats right, you cant. The only proof of players dropping I just posted. Spin it all day washing machines, still doesnt fix the fact the game just isnt interesting to ppl anymore after 1 measly month.

Hell, Warhammer lasted longer then that before tanking.

Sign, this lo$er again...

fine, here's some quotes i found online about xfire "accuracy" since i didn't know wtf it is before now anyways.

"Xfire monitors peoples playtimes for whoever has the application installed, so GW2 will do very well now because it's a new game and it's actually a good game that a lot of my friends would actually pay a sub for.

When MoP is released wow will push ahead of GW2 and when a GW2 expansion comes that will pull ahead of wow... but it does give a trend of what games are doing well.
Like we know lol has the most active players and it is on top of the list, diablo was looking bleak for the 10 million copies it sold but when patch 1.04 was released it went up again."

"If you really wanna beat that guy, then just leave your game on, thats it. :wink:"

"xfire used to have decently correct numbers, but thats a long long time ago.

me and many of my friends stopped using it, and if i listened well. it seems many people have dropped using it. making their numbers nowadays not very reliable anymore."

09/30/2012 10:02 PMPosted by DynomiteDave
Please post better proof then twitch and xfire if you are gonna rebuttal. Thats right, you cant.

Heh, didn't even have to. Just took me 5 mins of googling
Reply Quote
The problem that you're having is that you're saying that xfire and twitch are measuring things that they aren't really measuring. You're using it to say that Guild Wars 2 is hemorrhaging players. That's not what xfire measures. Xfire measures the number of hours played by people who have that program installed. That represents a small sample of the Guild Wars 2 population.

Keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 has sold at least 2 million units and has had as many as 400,000 people playing simultaneously. On xfire, Guild Wars 2 peaked at 90,000 hours in a single day. The numbers simply do not add up.

Another problem with your "sources" is that they flat-out contradict each other. Guild Wars 2 has double or triple the daily number of hours played of some games on xfire, but those games have more viewers on twitch. League of Legends has the highest number of hours played on xfire (almost double the second "most-played" game), and yet right now it's dropped behind both WoW and Starcraft 2.

Just because you're using data doesn't mean that it's good data. It boils down to the same question that I've asked you several times: "What exactly is it measuring?". Well, it's clear that xfire isn't measuring what you think it's measuring. And twitch? Like xfire, it's a very small sample. All that it's measuring is what that small amount of people are watching.

The fact is that if Guild Wars 2 starts to have significant decay, people will know. There will be server merges/shutdowns. But right now? That seems far from necessary. Even though it's anecdotal evidence, I've seen that the majority of servers stay at "High" or "Full", with just a handful of "Medium" populated servers.

Let me know if you find any good data to support your claims.
Reply Quote
lol so your proof is quoted nobodies? Seriously did you just try that hahahaha. I choked on my coffee thanks for the laugh. So apparently whoever or whatever random gamer you just quoted invalidates a graph cool story bro. cool !@# story.

Im still laughing at the fact you googled user opinions as proof that xfire doesnt mean anything.

Truth is, game is going down the tubes.

I guess we didnt land on the moon either because some 80 year old lady said it was fake too huh.

I posted 2 pieces of real evidence that people are less interested in the game. U cant slice it anyways but that. people are far less interested in watching and playing the game, in 2 different venues. Yet, your 80 year old ladies opinions are far more reputable. Gotcha.

Out of all the replies and posts in this thread, yours is by far the worst and biggest joke of them all Cursed. Congratulations on the worst rebuttal of the thread. The thread is 10 pages of argueing about opinions, and you roll in with quite possibly the worst set of nobody opinions of them all, hell they arent even your opinions.

Hold on while I go find some quotes by John Nobody and Bob Nobody and post more so I can go "Gotcha"

Hey Dave, guess what? You're a nobody too!
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:30 AMPosted by DynomiteDave
Arena-net, which they would ONLY release if they were positive. That's the cold hard truth padre. If they were gaining players, or had a huge amount, they would brag about it like everyone else. They aren't, which leads me to believe they are dropping players left and right.

Yeah okay,you're an idiot and you should know it, Guild Wars 2 stopped sales for a whole fking week because they didn't want servers to be overloaded. much after that when they re-opened digital copies they had sales still going on. Tell me of another game that did that because they're getting too many sales and not enough server capacity to contain it. Or do you like Error 37 and a bad first impression? ROFL

Dropping players left & right is right here in D3 and because of this massive disappointment the sales for MoP are being reflected upon that due to the reputation drop from D3

And no companies don't have to brag about their player numbers. League of Legends didn't do it until like 5 years in. D3 on the other hand 10 million copies? yeah I'd love to see some numbers on retained current players still actively playing. Rofl.

Your measurements mean nothing same with your small "sample sizes". I got 12 friends who all quit D3 does that mean out of a sample of 12 0/12 still play so the game Diablo 3 is dead? LMAO
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/1/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey genius you ever heard of sample sizes? Please keep circling the drain with GW2. Of course the numbers dont add up, its a damn sample size of players. But its a far better point of reference then you or any other gw2 fan can refute. You have absolutely nothing to back up your claims except personal opinion. I, on the other hand, have 2 separate gaming avenues where the game has significantly dropped users and viewers.

Sorry, but I dont think 3 fanboy's opinions can really refute that without actual numbers from Arena-net, which they would ONLY release if they were positive. That's the cold hard truth padre. If they were gaining players, or had a huge amount, they would brag about it like everyone else. They aren't, which leads me to believe they are dropping players left and right.

The point to take from both sources is this: the game is losing popularity, viewers, and players in these sample sizes, in 1 measly month. 1 month it pretty much tanked in these 2 populations. You can blame the sun in their eyes, wind blowing, 2nd coming of Jesus, who cares truth it's tanking in 2 different sample sizes as we speak.

And you know what? Probability says if its tanking in these 2 sample sizes, its probably tanking in a lot more. Deal with it.

How about you let me know when you have ANY data to back up yours.

Yes, I've heard of sample sizes. That's why I mentioned it twice in my post.

Here's the thing about sample sizes: to be valid, they have to be representative of the population at large. You can't use a sample to generalize to the population if the sample isn't representative of the larger population. And, in your case, you can't demonstrate that either sample (from xfire or twitch) is representative of the population. You're not basing your claims on good data. In fact, your claims are based largely on misrepresenting what the information actually says.

The claim that I'm making is actually based on the absence of evidence. You think the game is tanking. I think that the game isn't tanking. I can base that conclusion on the absence of evidence. If I was trying to argue that the game was a real threat to de-throne WoW then, yes, I'd need some hard evidence. But that's not my argument. My argument is based on the absence of evidence.

They already made the announcement that they surpassed 2 million in sales. But in your world, apparently, there can only be wild growth or massive recession. Just because they aren't making big announcements all the time doesn't mean they aren't maintaining their population or even achieving modest growth.

You're trying to generalize two small sample sizes to the rest of the population. The problem is that you can't say that these two samples are representative of the larger population. In the absence of generalizability, that stats you're using don't amount to much.

Your sources still contradict each other.
Reply Quote
Dave,

The quotes were the first results on 'xfire accuracy' and from different sources. They were in no way referring to GW2 or any game. They show that the 'sample size' is limited to those who registered to xfire and its 'measurement' is based on the total hours the game is on. This brings in to question the validity and relevance of the graph you presented because it does not represent MMO gamers on whole. As i mentioned previously only Blizzard(WoW) and Anet(GW2) have the actual numbers and they will never release them.

I could link some articles from forbes(as well as make comparisons to WoW/MoP) but you probably would dismiss them as nobodies as well. Why should i waste my time on you?

Truth is both are just games and neither will last forever. Whats important is making good memories for players playing them.

Petyr summarized why your sample size is invalid very well...

10/01/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Petyr
Here's the thing about sample sizes: to be valid, they have to be representative of the population at large. You can't use a sample to generalize to the population if the sample isn't representative of the larger population. And, in your case, you can't demonstrate that either sample (from xfire or twitch) is representative of the population. You're not basing your claims on good data. In fact, your claims are based largely on misrepresenting what the information actually says.

10/01/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Petyr
You're trying to generalize two small sample sizes to the rest of the population. The problem is that you can't say that these two samples are representative of the larger population. In the absence of generalizability, that stats you're using don't amount to much.
Reply Quote
I have a gw2 accout/key for sale or trade. I'm wanting around 30m d3 gold or a solid legendary.

I'd rather go back in time and play descent in high school again than to play that ridiculous sh1tplosion of abilities so convoluted that nobody can tell wtf is going on and succumb to becoming drueling button spamming mouth breathers.

You can argue skill in telling whats going on in battles, I'll argue the gods honest truth that you have to know exactly wtf that yellow and green pixel means in quadrant 3 of the home screen in your ti-85 calculator to know what the character you are fighting just casted so you can react.

How do you have a pvp based game with jesuschrist terrible, and I mean FkTon terrible spell effects and animations?

Environment graphics and detail = awesome.

Everything else = fail.

Like I said. I have a key / account for sale. add me in d3 or reply here if interested.

I dont want bad karma. So be warned. This game is 1 of the worst ive ever experienced.

It's called boons nub. You can tell what effects are on you by the symbols the clearly pop up with countdowns on them.

Button mash? Yeah ok, d3 has essential 5 skills rofl. You can take the combat mechanics and double it, and still wont compete with the diversity and rotation cool down complexity in GW2.

D3 is not a PVP game, and would fail on so many levels if it attempted an E-SPORT, so don't defend it as one.

EDIT: Lol, you think the early great, intensive PVP games had GG spell graphics? You my friend, are clearly a casual.
Edited by clamchoda#1552 on 10/3/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First, get above level 40. Second, join a guild with sizable members. After that, GW2 is a really good game.
Reply Quote
I shouldn't even say anything because all it's going to do is make more bullcrap come out of Dave's mouth. I'll say this, Dave, you're retarded, the end. :) Reply to this if you want, I won't care, and I'll just laugh at how you think you're so cool. I know if you respond that you'll say a bunch of more crap like "YOU think you're so cool," but I don't care.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Fenlius
First, get above level 40. Second, join a guild with sizable members. After that, GW2 is a really good game.

Does the combat pace miraculously speed up? Are there suddenly sets of new weapon skills? Do secret maps and dungeons spawn?
Reply Quote
Let's face it, <GAME NAME> is way better then wow and diablo 3, I don't even want to play those games now.

These threads are so dumb. Congratulations on playing another game. Some of us can play more then one.
Reply Quote
I didn't read past the first page because i know how threads like these do turn out, what i don't know is why the hell do people in gaming communities constantly argue MY GAME IS BETTER THAN YOURS SUCK IT! and bring up stupid points based on opinions and preferences. I hope noone of you doing this is over the age of 20 because if you are you need to stop playing games and start thinking about growing the !@#$ up.

I feel sorry for you people who can only enjoy one game and think it needs to provide 1000000 hours of enteratinment to be good / worth your money.
Reply Quote
My opinion: GW2 is way better than D3.
I used to play D3 since premiere. BB.
See ya in GW2 world (or real, or not).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]