Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 is way better then wow and D3

I see you have admitted defeat then? Your rage shows that much. Keep watching your streams, and acting like you played the game.

Lol Ok. Here is post #40, by me.

Lol you seriously doubt I played it? Ok. So because I found it not great, I never played it? The game simply isnt that good. But keep drinking that Kool-aid, believing no one played the game they just hate for no reason.

You do realize you are proving my point right? That these subjective opinions are shared by many, not just some guy on a forum. That means its probably a real problem or issue of some kind.

Oh, and for your piece of mind:

Thank you for purchasing Guild Wars 2!
IMPORTANT! Please take a moment to register your Guild Wars 2 account.
Save this e-mail for reference. If there is a problem with your order, customer support will ask you for your order number.

Order number: xxxxxxxx
Order date: 8/28/2012

Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition $59.99
Serial Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Online game codes can only be used to create or upgrade one game account.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

View answers to common questions: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/services/faq/

I bleeped out the important stuff. Hope you feel better.

Everyone regrets there D3 time. Game sucks.

Keep dreaming that I just watch streams and I couldnt possibly find the game trash. Im not defeated, Im busy. Dont worry, in a month or 2 I'll bring in the ole trump card, aka active players, when and if GW2 releases that number. This same old song and dance has been played by every mediocre MMO released. Lots of fanboy fervor for 1-2 months, massive decline.

Like I said, I foresee a server merge in your future, and Ill be back to ROFLFORLFOll with the numbers when its released.

You really are too emotionally invested in this topic. Everyone in the thread disagreed with you and proved you wrong. But here you are on your holy crusade. You realize you are getting nowhere with this right?

You are still here guessing with absolutely no knowledge of the industry beyond watching other people play the game and some ancedotal evidence from your own limited experience.

Playing a game for a few hours (if it was that long), and then claiming you know all about it, just makes you look foolish.

Tell us how selling millions of copies of a game is a failure, just because you fold your arms, and say "i said so".

Time for you to start acting like an adult.
Edited by Zenjo#1135 on 9/17/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

You really are too emotionally invested in this topic. Everyone in the thread disagreed with you and proved you wrong. But here you are on your holy crusade. You realize you are getting nowhere with this right?

You are still here guessing with absolutely no knowledge of the industry beyond watching other people play the game and some ancedotal evidence from your own limited experience.

Playing a game for a few hours (if it was that long), and then claiming you know all about it, just makes you look foolish.

Tell us how selling millions of copies of a game is a failure, just because you fold your arms, and say "i said so".

Time for you to start acting like an adult.

Thats cute, pulling the adult card on a videogame forum in which you participated in arguements and flame wars on what videogame is better. Thats real cute my friend. Its funny watching you keep pulling retarded numbers and facts out of your OWN !@# about my playtime with the game. If I didnt get a refund I'd log back on and get the number for you. I played enough to realize it was a mediocre game that was gonna go the route of WAR and the rest. I played from the 28th to the 9th, enough time to still get a refund and realize the game was bad.

I like that adult card, while you sit here argueing with me for pages on pages. I also like the fact Im the only one here making a supposed fool out of myself, not you or the other GW fanboys foaming at the mouth at my negative remarks. Dont think of yourself so highly there Mr. Kettle.

Sometimes games fail. D3 is pretty much a failure but it sold what? 10 million copies or something?

Oh I also like the fact I havent posted in 2-3 days, yet you reply in like 10 minutes. And I'm the Child here lol. What do you do, sit there and spam refresh to defend this worthless game? And call me a child, lol.

Calm yourself. Your anger is getting the best of you. Where are these numbers I am making up?

I don't participate in flame wars. I tried to reason with you, but you are just too angry / upset over the quality game that GW2 is.

Why be so upset over this topic? You actually think "coming back here to tell you so" is going to do anything, or anyone will read it and say, "that guy is a stand up guy". You are living in a fantasy world if you think that.

I listed some of the things GW2 does right. All you have done is flail your arms, called names, used almost no logic, and continue to garner absolutely no support. Yet here you are still flailing. Go play something you like, before you pop a blood vessel.
Reply Quote
[quote]

Lol Im far from angry. But if it helps you feel better about your own posts on the subject, believe what you want. You have called a random stranger on what might as well be a troll account angry 50 times. Could it be that you are infact angry? Whats the term for that? Projection I think.

You are making up my playtime. 2 weeks of playing a game with no endgame, I can pretty much grasp the extent of the game: dont have to be lvl 80 to pvp, dont have to lvl to 80 to enjoy the endgame of hearts and D.E. I pvp'd from day 1 to the last day, a little bit everyday. Got my conclusions took my money back.

I listed plenty of things GW2 did wrong. I wish you would read the thread, maybe then you could stop making such baseless conclusions. Im not the only one flinging insults and zero logic accusations, and all the things you accuse me of(again, projection).

This is primarily a Pro-GW thread. OF course I look like the evil, hateful villian. You have participated in this flame war arguement thread.

You did not list plenty of things, you listed a few. There are many thing in the game you clearly did not experience, so to say your opinion is subjective, would not be a stretch.

Your most used defense boils down to "if you don't agree with me, you must be a fan boy". It's too bad you don't go back and read some of your own posts.

You don't like the game. Everyone here gets that. What I don't understand is, why you would invest so much time, when clearly you don't have much evidence to back up your claims.

Here is a little secret for you, in case you want to call me "fanboy" again. GW2 is the first Arenanet / NCsoft game I have ever played. I wasn't going to bother with it because i have played so many MMOs. I researched enough to make me buy it, and do not regret it one bit.

GW2 is a solid game with great replayability, high attention to detail, a huge amount of content at release, etc. The lack of sub fee is a huge bonus, though it had nothing to do with my purchase, as I can afford subs. Also, I don't use the cash shop, but if I do, it will be from playing the game and converting gold to gems. I will buy xpacs though.

Edit again to your late edit: The only people to claim wow-killer for any game are people like you or people marketing the game. It is a way for you to have "shock-factor" in your argument or a way to sell a game.
Edited by Zenjo#1135 on 9/17/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

You did not list plenty of things, you listed a few. There are many thing in the game you clearly did not experience, so to say your opinion is subjective, would not be a stretch.

Your most used defense boils down to "if you don't agree with me, you must be a fan boy". It's too bad you don't go back and read some of your own posts.

You don't like the game. Everyone here gets that. What I don't understand is, why you would invest so much time, when clearly you don't have much evidence to back up your claims.

Here is a little secret for you, in case you want to call me "fanboy" again. GW2 is the first Arenanet / NCsoft game I have ever played. I wasn't going to bother with it because i have played so many MMOs. I researched enough to make me buy it, and do not regret it one bit.

GW2 is a solid game with great replayability, high attention to detail, a huge amount of content at release, etc. The lack of sub fee is a huge bonus, though it had nothing to do with my purchase, as I can afford subs. Also, I don't use the cash shop, but if I do, it will be from playing the game and converting gold to gems. I will buy xpacs though.

Edit again to your late edit: The only people to claim wow-killer for any game are people like you or people marketing the game. It is a way for you to have "shock-factor" in your argument or a way to sell a game.

Haha and you did list plenty of things? I dont consider "pvp is fun" as some kind of super enlightening evidenced proof wow factor reason from you.

I have every single bit as much evidence as any GW fan in this thread. I bought and played the game just like you did. I have the same experiences. I played PvE, I played WvWvW, and I played sPvP primarily. Just because you want to continue to shrug my evidence off as baseless opinions while you and other tout your opinions as truth doesnt mean they are. Isnt that what you tell me?

Of course i dont like the game. It sucks. I came here for the same reason you and the others do: to screw around while I work on things. I mean really, is defending the game day in and day out on this forum better then me knocking it? Really guy. Have you ever looked at your own actions and posts? You are me with the opposite viewpoint. You and the others are doing the exact same thing I'm doing, lol.

I mean if you notice its pointless, why do you keep defending it? If its pointless and a waste of time for me to speak my negative opinions on the game, what makes your positive opinions a better use of time? Nothing thats what. So get off that high horse you think you rode in on, and realize your own faults.

If everything I say is baseless opinions with no facts, well buddy so are yours. There is not one point in this thread I couldnt go, "opinion" on.

Your entire paragraph on the game is one giant personal, baseless opinion.

I notice you failed to actually adress anything in my post, but you went on some rant about baseless opinions.

You have no idea how to actually discuss a subject, all you do is flail here and there. Use a bunch of buzz words "supposed to be a wow-killer", etc. and generally make yourself out to be angry about how good GW2 is.

I glad you finally figured out what an opinion is though. We all have them, and none of them are right or wrong.

To say my opinion is baseless, is just another of your failed attempts at looking right. My opinion is based upon my experince, just like I said in the post you are misrepresenting.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing now. Move along now, unless you want to put on more of an adult attitude, I'm done with your foolishness. Good luck with WOW, hope you have fun (not being sarcastic), and hopefully someday you will grow up and see the error of your ways.
Reply Quote

I notice you failed to actually adress anything in my post, but you went on some rant about baseless opinions.

You have no idea how to actually discuss a subject, all you do is flail here and there. Use a bunch of buzz words "supposed to be a wow-killer", etc. and generally make yourself out to be angry about how good GW2 is.

I glad you finally figured out what an opinion is though. We all have them, and none of them are right or wrong.

To say my opinion is baseless, is just another of your failed attempts at looking right. My opinion is based upon my experince, just like I said in the post you are misrepresenting.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing now. Move along now, unless you want to put on more of an adult attitude, I'm done with your foolishness. Good luck with WOW, hope you have fun (not being sarcastic), and hopefully someday you will grow up and see the error of your ways.

Hahaha move along buddy. I addressed your post. Hell, I went paragraph to paragraph. The only one I didnt hit was the GW1 purchase. Wooptie do. Fanboy doesnt mean buying every game a company puts out. I bought and played GW1. It was better then GW2 is. And you keep labeling me a wow player, wheres the proof? Because I said wow's better? Hell I think League is the best MoBa, I dont play it tho.

I addressed everything. If you want your "reasons" validated, guess what? baseless opinions. Every one of them even that 15 dollar sub reason. Some would argue that 15 for all stuff is better then some p2w cash shop. Again, you have a baseless opinion

You have been argueing I have no dog in this fight for pages, saying I didnt play the game I have no real opinions. Wrong buddy. Same as you. My opinions have merit; I played the game too and based them own my experience. But since my opinions arent yours, im somehow presenting them as facts, and you arent? Ok. I dont see any "in my opinion" in that post I somehow misquoted. I see a paragraph stated as a fact. Whats the difference in my posts? None.

You keep saying I have no proof of my claims, when my proof is the same as yours; game experience. What makes your game experience more proof then mine? Not a damn thing.

Go ahead and pretend to take the high road. You already proved my point and used diversion to ignore the fact you arent better then me, and you are wasting your time doing the same exact thing Im doing. So if I'm acting as a child by knocking this game, you are acting like a child praising it to the high heavens and argueing with me.

Not only that, you also ignore points in my post. Its funny watching a guy consistently project his own actions on to another. You have diverted or ignored half my posts today.

Proofs in the pudding buddy. Take a look in the mirror.

Sorry man, I can't take you seriously anymore. You are full of contradictions. You have already claimed to play WOW earlier, so that is where the WOW comment comes from.

I have already explained opinions to you. They are neither right or wrong (including mine).

You invest way too much time here to be some "unaffected dude", like you claim to be. You have an agenda, but will not reveal it.

If acting mature, not resorting to attacking the poster mainly, not using names, not making up "facts", etc. means I am taking the high road, then yes high road all the way.

GW2 is a good game, just because you do not like it, does not make it a bad game, just bad for you and anyone else who does not like it. Is this concept impossible for you to understand?

You have been arguing against opinion this whole thread, acting like it is fact. You have stated "server merges" ,"WAR 2.0", "supposed to be a WOW-killer", etc. all in an attempt to bolster your opinion. News for you here is you have no evidence beyond conjecture, and "the past" as your discussion points. In other words, your guess is as good as anyones, but still just a guess.
Reply Quote

Sorry man, I can't take you seriously anymore. You are full of contradictions. You have already claimed to play WOW earlier, so that is where the WOW comment comes from.

I have already explained opinions to you. They are neither right or wrong (including mine).

You invest way too much time here to be some "unaffected dude", like you claim to be. You have an agenda, but will not reveal it.

If acting mature, not resorting to attacking the poster mainly, not using names, not making up "facts", etc. means I am taking the high road, then yes high road all the way.

GW2 is a good game, just because you do not like it, does not make it a bad game, just bad for you and anyone else who does not like it. Is this concept impossible for you to understand?

You have been arguing against opinion this whole thread, acting like it is fact. You have stated "server merges" ,"WAR 2.0", "supposed to be a WOW-killer", etc. all in an attempt to bolster your opinion. News for you here is you have no evidence beyond conjecture, and "the past" as your discussion points. In other words, your guess is as good as anyones, but still just a guess.

See now your proving that you didnt read any of my posts. I said I might play MoP. I never said I was playing WoW. I said I play TF2, and PoE, which I do. Go read em buddy. Please. I actually got flamed for saying I would rather play FPS's. I dont remember who, but someone tried to use that as a validation for me disliking GW2.

As for MoP, will I play it? Probably. More then likely just like I bought and played all the other games I mentioned, even WAR. U wanna know the main reason I got a refund? You cant even hotjoin with a friend. You cant even random BG with a friend. U can, but it wont keep you on the same team half the time. We spent as much time facing each other in a hotjoin as we did playing with each other.

You are attacking me. You keep noting some fact I didnt play the game. You are calling me a Liar everytime I make a post about the game. You ignore my arguements, and label me a wow player, a hater, a child, a stream watcher, etc. You keep doing whatever you can to invalidate my experience in the game, and therefore try and invalidate whatever negative experience I did have.

I already stated why Im here. Its fun to screw around in btw studying. I actually play no games atm, dabble a little in TF2 slightly. Life is busy. Its fun to come here and argue with fanboys who I believe actually do get mad.

So I'm sorry to burst your bubble bout my hidden agenda, but I'm simply bored. This started off as a solid discussion to what I felt was poor game mechanics. I cant help it turned into a arguement flame war; it takes 2 to tango buddy. Or 4 or 5.

Here in case you have missed it; if my opinion that its a bad game has no merit, where in the blue hell do you get your opinion that it is a good game is any better? Seriously? Please show me this magic proof you have and I lack. Please. I'm not the only one spewing opinions as facts here. Keep ignoring that, I dont see how, Ive mentioned it 3-4 times now.

Your opinion its good is no different then my opinion its bad, yet this seems to be a hard concept for YOU and the others to grasp. You keep argueing just the same.

Mine is a guess. Probability is high. Sorry I cannot prove my point that it will follow in say WAR's footsteps until it does. When it does, Ill be more then happy to post. Early sells are not a good indication of future success. I think WAR actually sold a good bit of games didnt it?

Who are arguing with here? I told you I was done with you. No amount of putting "words in my mouth" will change that. I originally responded to your snarky thread, trying to get you to act more mature, and actually put your money where your mouth is. You failed to do that repeatedly IMO, and all you did was attack people who called you out.

You for some unknown reason think I am singing the "high praises", but no where did I post such an unbiased rant. I posted some of the things I like about the game, but to you, that is just "fanboy" nonsense. I mean really man, grow up.

All you are demonstrating is that you finally understand opinions. Hurray i finally got through to you.
Reply Quote
Dave doesn't like the game. It's that simple. That's his opinion. Does he, at times, try to conflate his opinion with objective facts? Absolutely.

We like the game. That's our opinion. We shouldn't try to force our opinion on him or anyone else. He's welcome to dislike the game.

Where he runs into trouble - with me, anyway - is when he starts to make utterly dishonest arguments (which have been hashed and rehashed repeatedly in this thread).

He also runs into trouble because of his attitude in this thread, whether he is willing to admit it or not. There's a difference between simply disliking a game, and wanting it to fail so completely so that he can come back here to rub it in.

Having said all of that, Dave is still entitled to his opinion.
Reply Quote
If its all just opinions, then I havent actually been wrong, have I? I mean in my opinion, boons dont count as a skill. I mean its an opinion right? Ive learned in this thread, that opinions cant be wrong, they are just opinions. There are no right or wrong opinions, am I right?

Is it "all" opinions? No. You have repeatedly made negative claims about Guild Wars 2 that are simply not true. I'm not talking about whether or not boons should count as a skill. I, for one, never made any such argument. But you did say that there was no resource management whatsoever, and that turned out to be false. You have also repeatedly said that there is nothing left to do once you hit 80. This is also untrue. You couched both of those arguments (opinions) as facts.

You've made a big improvement though. I remember when you used to tell me that popular opinion was "right". Keep in mind that if your opinion is valid, then so is the opinion of the pro-Guild Wars 2 players.

Man my attitude is no worse then any others. I may choose poor words at times, but if you were to objectively view every post made in this thread, pro and con, there's not too many apples far from the tree in here.

"Other people do it, so I'm not really at fault". Even if it were true, that's an excuse. Other people's poor behavior is not a license for you to behave poorly.

I didnt want the game to fail. It comes to a point where you cant be in the middle. I ranked the game over d3, below wow. I stated opinions, which turned into flame wars and arguements, which turned into having to choose to either love the game, or hate it.

Its not about rubbing it in. Its the proof ppl want. You cant make a post without a Forum Mclawyer coming in wanting court evidence.

"Like I said, I foresee a server merge in your future, and Ill be back to ROFLFORLFOll with the numbers when its released." You said that earlier on this same page. That's an ugly attitude. And it reeks of someone who wants the game to fail. It reeks of someone looking forward to rubbing it in. You've made several similar statements before this, too.

Yes, you can be in the middle. You made a decision to leave the middle, assuming that you were in the middle to begin with. Are you saying that you were only lukewarm on the game but, in the face of a bunch of people who really love the game, you were somehow forced to change your opinion of the game into being largely negative? This is just my personal experience, but I can think of plenty of examples where the middle ground can be easily occupied if someone commits to it. It works for videogames too. A personal example of mine would be my opinion of Skyrim. Don't love it, don't hate it. I'm just kind of in the middle.

Look, Guild Wars 2 isn't the greatest thing ever. It's a good game (in my opinion) and I have had tons of fun playing it. But I don't think it's a pantheon game or anything like that. I have no illusions about playing it forever, but I'm having a great time. Do you have a problem with that opinion?
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Petyr
I ranked the game over d3, below wow.

I can understand this. I really might rank WoW higher than GW2, but it cost $15 a month to play. I can play GW2 whenever I want, and stop whenever I want - that makes it much higher than WoW to me. The days of me paying $15 a month are gone, I think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]