Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 is way better then wow and D3

Well, here's something to think about:

Guild Wars 2 hits 2 million mark after they shut digital sales for ten days.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/13/guild-wars-2-sells-over-two-million-units

Personal note:

I don't think GW2 is gonna fail, honestly, I see a loot of potential to evolve. The amount of people I know who play GW2 caught me by surprise, nearly everyone in my Company (I'm in the Army BTW) who played WoW switched to GW2 and are talking non-stop about it. My battle buddy, who is currently deployed in Afghanistan won't shut up about it, kept telling me to stop playing so he can catch up to me when he gets back. Hell, even my Commander plays it, which caught me off guard.

But not that's not all.

My Gf began playing when she first saw me play, a non gamer majoring in Psychology, because of the 'pretty graphics' and so did a lot of my friends who who into other genres of games are playing it at the moment. Even a few non gamer friends picked it up because of the hype and actually enjoy it. This is something I found very interesting because it got quiet a few of my non gamer friends, who would never be caught holding a controller, to actually buy this game out of their own consent and stick to playing it this far along.

Although I can't speak for everyone, it seems like the game itself is surrounding me and is getting just as much talk as D3 did when it first came out, minus any major complaints (a few did complain about wanting more weapon skills). The only reason why I even picked it up was because my cousin in Canada kept messaging me on FB to try it out.
Reply Quote
I have a gw2 accout/key for sale or trade. I'm wanting around 30m d3 gold or a solid legendary.

I'd rather go back in time and play descent in high school again than to play that ridiculous sh1tplosion of abilities so convoluted that nobody can tell wtf is going on and succumb to becoming drueling button spamming mouth breathers.

You can argue skill in telling whats going on in battles, I'll argue the gods honest truth that you have to know exactly wtf that yellow and green pixel means in quadrant 3 of the home screen in your ti-85 calculator to know what the character you are fighting just casted so you can react.

How do you have a pvp based game with jesuschrist terrible, and I mean FkTon terrible spell effects and animations?

Environment graphics and detail = awesome.

Everything else = fail.

Like I said. I have a key / account for sale. add me in d3 or reply here if interested.

I dont want bad karma. So be warned. This game is 1 of the worst ive ever experienced.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/30/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Jackalack
You think Blizzard cares?

Seeing as they released some MoP content ahead of the actual expansion... I think they care big time.
Reply Quote
Why isnt it true? I dont feel a SF limit break for 1 skill is management. I even gave a reason why I felt it wasnt management, having to do with how fast it gains back, etc. So how was I wrong? You feel its management, I dont. We are back to opinions.

You said that there is zero resource management in Guild Wars 2. Does that look like an opinion or trying to state a fact? Of course, the thief's mechanics invalidate this opinion. The warrior's mechanics further invalidate this opinion. Why? Because you said that it'd be resource management if multiple skills were tied to adrenaline. There are multiple skills that are tied to adrenaline. Burst damage and one of the heals. That's just off the top of my head. And that's before you include valuable boons that buff base damage and critical hit chance.

Part of the problem is that you changed your opinion in the middle of the discussion. The other part is that you framed your opinion as a fact.

Again, what you consider to do at 80, crafting and exploring as endgame, isnt endgame to me. Thats boring mundane crap in any mmo worth its salt. I honestly dont see why my opinions of either is flat out false. You saying there is and me there isnt is the same thing.

Again, you didn't say "I don't like the endgame" or "The endgame doesn't appeal to me". You said, and continue to say: "There is no endgame". You are trying to pass off your negative opinion of Guild Wars 2's endgame as a fact.

I said the most good pvp ppl will stick with wow. Any evidence I muster gets shot down as circumstantial immediately. I would cite streams atm, where arena players are pulling far more viewers then sPvP tourney players like team Paradgim, but again thatll get shrugged off as me being dumb.

First of all, how would you qualify "most good pvp people"? What measure would you use? Second of all, there are a lot of problems in using "streams" as conclusive evidence. A lot of problems. It's a niche. Is it representative of a game's entire population? I doubt you can conclusively prove that.

You've also touted the volume of viewers of Guild Wars 2 on streams vs. viewers of WoW streams. There's a pretty big problem with that, though. WoW has, probably, 7-8 million additional players. So it should make some sense that there are more viewers.

But, more importantly, you have to ask yourself what you're measuring when you use stream numbers. I doubt that streams have an especially strong relationship with a game's success, and I don't think that you can demonstrate otherwise.

It's good to have evidence. But that evidence has to mean something.

Popular opinion matters. You dont think so, but it does. It might not be the end-all, be-all, but its far more important and telling then you give it credit.

Correct, it matters. As long as you're measuring something tied to popularity, such as TV ratings. Or movie tickets sold. Or selling, well, anything. But trying to tie popularity and quality together is utter nonsense.

Thats not my point. Im not saying Im not at fault; Im saying those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. I mean this whole thread started by you taking offense to my ranking of GW2, which I didnt even reference anyone or anything but the main thread title. I didnt quote jack. You took it upon yourself to invalidate my opinions as being a wow fan and try and force yours down my throat.

That goes both ways.

And, more importantly, what I said was: "You like WoW better than you like Guild Wars 2. That doesn't mean that it's better.". There's nothing incendiary there. All I did was make the point that you were demonstrating an opinion.

U know what else is a poor attitude? Continually telling someone they didnt play the game, buy the game, they are just a wow fan opinion invalidated, etc or any of the other poor responses by Pro-GW2 ppl, starting with yours. Now I havent looked back completely, but im pretty sure I never addressed someone who didnt quote my post and try to invalidate my opinion first.

There is a difference in saying its my opinion, and saying "wow fan nothing to see here" "stream watcher nothing to see here" "sub 300 hours nothing to see here"

I don't remember of accusing you of never playing the game. Did I say that you preferred WoW? Yes. Did I take any step toward saying that your preference for WoW completely invalidates anything you have to say? No.

It's called providing context. You prefer WoW. On some level, that does inform your opinion of Guild Wars 2. That doesn't mean that your opinion is invalid. Another example: if someone hates Guild Wars 2 and it turns out that they hate MMOs in general, that latter piece of information is pretty important.

It doesn't mean that I'm calling you some blind WoW "fanboy". You're allowed to like WoW. It doesn't invalidate your opinion. Hell, there are people who like WoW and Guild Wars 2.

Btw, it has around the clock 1300 viewers now. I know that dont count for much, but its a microcosm of whats going on. Its a sample size that COULD give indications for the games future.

Again, what is this measuring? You say that it's a microcosm for what's going on, but is there any way of actually demonstrating that? You're trying to draw conclusions from stream numbers, but what are you basing these conclusions on?

I'll say it flat-out: I don't think it's a valid measurement.
Edited by ballsohard#1432 on 9/17/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a gw2 accout/key for sale or trade. I'm wanting around 30m d3 gold or a solid legendary.

I'd rather go back in time and play descent in high school again than to play that ridiculous sh1tplosion of abilities so convoluted that nobody can tell wtf is going on and succumb to becoming drueling button spamming mouth breathers.

You can argue skill in telling whats going on in battles, I'll argue the gods honest truth that you have to know exactly wtf that yellow and green pixel means in quadrant 3 of the home screen in your ti-85 calculator to know what the character you are fighting just casted so you can react.

How do you have a pvp based game with jesuschrist terrible, and I mean FkTon terrible spell effects and animations?

Everything else = fail.

Like I said. I have a key / account for sale. add me in d3 or reply here if interested.

I dont want bad karma. So be warned. This game is 1 of the worst ive ever experienced.

If the game is that bad, why would anyone buy it from you ?

You've been trying to sell this account for 10 days now (around the time when the bans for botting arrived).

I checked your post history:

- 90% is WTS/WTB.

- You said you "quad-box" D3

- You posted: "I have a steady supply of UNID's and am looking for some consistent buyers to add to friends list. I farm somewhere b/n 70-100 63's a day and not real sure how many 62's"

At one point you even said:

"diablo 3 is an economy game.

the whole point is to grow wealth to retarded levels and brag.

ruin that part, and you ruin the game."

You know what ? I'm really happy you don't play GW2 anymore.
Reply Quote
View profile
I won't try to push opinions as fact, but I'll just say I enjoy Guild Wars 2 more then WoW and Diablo III. That is all.
Reply Quote
Very clever, Dave.

There are two logical problems with your new approach. First of all, I seem to remember you complaining when other people used the "opinion" argument. However, I'm not going to base my rebuttal upon that observation.

Instead, I use valid evidence as a foundation for several of my statements. For example: you claimed that there was zero resource management. Others contradicted you with specific examples/evidence. Your opinion: it builds up quickly and only manages one skill (false), it's not really resource management. My opinion (shared by at least one other in this thread): it directly manages the potency of two competing skills (burst damage vs. healing) and confers valuable boons (base damage and crit chance) based on how much adrenaline has been accumulated. Citing specific examples/evidence makes a difference.

The fallacy of popularity vs. quality? Same thing. There are myriad examples that I could draw upon to make a very strong argument. There is a preponderance of evidence that supports the lack of relationship between popularity and quality.

Lastly, don't try to spin my providing context to your opinion as me trying to label you as a WoW "fanboy". To answer your example, it means that you like Guild Wars 2 better than those other games. That is all that that sentence means.

I never said that WoW somehow clouded your judgment. You're deriving false conclusions. I said that you liked WoW better than you liked Guild Wars 2. That's all I said. I didn't frame the comment in a way to invalidate your opinion based on that. You're allowed to like WoW more than Guild Wars 2 and you're allowed to express that opinion. But that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be aware of it when assessing your comments about the game.

At this point, I'm done talking about these things. If you bring something new to the table to talk about (regarding Guild Wars 2), then I'll address it. You can audit my posts if you want. You can keep making the same arguments if you want. Neither will garner a response from me. I'm done debating these points and, unless you bring a new/interesting argument to the table, I'm done responding.
Edited by ballsohard#1432 on 9/17/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote][quote]

[quote]

Its funny watching you try act as a percieved "adult" on a videogame forum now that you have been called out for doing the same thing you are telling me.

DIVERSION and PROJECTION.

Not to mention the fact you ignored the part where you were wrong. Keep trying to spin the adult card, its too late.

You are doing it again. I sang the negatives, but to you that means Im a wow player fanboy, a liar, a stream watcher, a noob, whatever. Get over it Mr. Kettle. Keep ignoring my posts.

Sorry just got back from having loads of fun on GW2.

You are really good at making things up, and putting words in other peoples mouth. You keep those lies going, because there is no way anyone could go back and see post history.

The only person calling you names is you. In fact you keep calling yourself down repeatedly. It's not our fault you have low self-esteem.

Any time you would like to point out where I am wrong, please make an attempt, we are all enjoying the way in which you are losing here. It's almost sad really, but still, I just can't look away from the train wreck that is you.

Anyway back to GW2. Good luck in MoP, you will need it.
Reply Quote
Ironically,
1. most people(in WoW forums) are asking Blizzard to merge servers in MoP because of low population.
2. GW2 servers are still full to the point of being overcrowded.

and..
3. DynomiteDave may not be a WoW-fanboy, but an actual WoW fanboy(or girl) would be able to argue the point better by pointing out positive aspects of present WoW instead of condemning GW2's future without facts to back them up.

09/17/2012 09:16 PMPosted by DynomiteDave
Im not the one who needs luck. If I play MoP, I doubt Ill be facing a server merge like you will anytime soon.

Lol. If you weren't such a d*ck, you wouldn't have to resort to this forum to not feel bored.

BTW, the so called WAR-GW similarities are not exclusive. They're similarities between WoW and GW too.
Reply Quote
This might be worth looking in to...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(Blizzard_Entertainment_project)
Reply Quote

Everything else = fail.

If the game is that bad, why would anyone buy it from you ?

You've been trying to sell this account for 10 days now (around the time when the bans for botting arrived).

I checked your post history:

- 90% is WTS/WTB.

- You said you "quad-box" D3

- You posted: "I have a steady supply of UNID's and am looking for some consistent buyers to add to friends list. I farm somewhere b/n 70-100 63's a day and not real sure how many 62's"

At one point you even said:

"diablo 3 is an economy game.

the whole point is to grow wealth to retarded levels and brag.

ruin that part, and you ruin the game."

That blows my mind that you went and read all my posts. Then you took the time to quote them.

You wana point out something that you quoted me on that isnt true? Or perhaps something you don't agree with? Multi-boxing didnt ruin this game nor the economy. Bots and bads whining ruined this game along with horrible devs. Multi-boxing isnt against terms so whats the prob? jelly? its 4 accounts that cost usd for a small advantage. Only saving grace is d3 pays for the accounts itself.

If the game is that bad, why would anyone buy it from you ? You've been trying to sell this account for 10 days now

Speaks volumes about the game doesnt it? It's posted on various other forums and sites where I bump it once a day when I check my email. Its relevant to this discussion in the sense that the game itself isnt worth "lesser" games in-game currency much less USD. I made the mistake of buying it from best buy instead of the producer so im stuck trying to salvage whatever I can from the sh1tbox game.

You can't even tell if your friends are playing in that game most of the time. Vent / Mumble should be required to log in to give it some semblance of social accessibility and coordination. So really ... what would it have mattered if I continued playing lol. OH, right ... cause ill multi-box and ruin an economy in a pvp based game which your dumbass is prolly trying to play as wow. gotcha.

TLDR: Dudes a creeper, gw2 account for sale 25m gold, and I think gw2 combat has caused me to develop tourette's syndrome.

P.S. The people in this thread that think gw2 is even in the same ball park as WoW needs to be on psych meds. Thats comparing a poorly made hypefest to a legend / best in genre game.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 05:34 AMPosted by DeadRu
GW2 is a great game, Diablo 3 is a great game, never played WOW so I'm not sure about that one but I'm sure I smell troll fat.

Actually only morons will compare GW@(kiddy wow) to D3. They are not the same Genre.
Dl the wow demo, cost nothing and there is much to see and do. You can delete the game when you are done.

https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/ free dl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64 mop trailer

People can compare whatever they want. Personally, I don't compare different genres, but to each his/her own.

Everyone here knows they can delete things from their computer. Perhaps you meant to post this on some computer novice site.

Wow is not free. It is free to try, but then you have to purchase plus pay a sub fee.

Both WoW and GW2 are good games. I don't currently play WoW as I grew bored of it years ago. GW2 is refreshing right now. I have no idea how long it will last, but no game lasts forever.
Reply Quote
LOL!!!

You think Blizzard cares? They already got your money. And GW2 is crap, just another failed wow killer. Enjoy your crappy game! You'll be back soon...

And another retarded brainwashed fanboy who is too obsesed with the so called "amazing mmorpg" that is played by millions of players and doesn't want to try anything new because is "crap".....Also gw2 was not intended to kill wow.......
Reply Quote
09/07/2012 05:25 PMPosted by ViKata
GW2 is a great game, Diablo 3 is a great game, never played WOW so I'm not sure about that one but I'm sure I smell troll fat.

Diablo 3 is decent at the very best.
Reply Quote
http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

Hahahaha there she goes, right along with the twitch streams. Hahahaha

Where exactly is "she" going?

People who use twitch are watching it less. People who use xfire are playing it less. Go ahead and show me how either of those are representative of the game's population.

A decline of some kind was inevitable. People don't binge-play a game forever. A highly anticipated sequel and a highly anticipated expansion came out. School started back up again.

Do you understand what confounding variables are?
Reply Quote
View profile
http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

Hahahaha there she goes, right along with the twitch streams. Hahahaha

Where exactly is "she" going?

People who use twitch are watching it less. People who use xfire are playing it less. Go ahead and show me how either of those are representative of the game's population.

A decline of some kind was inevitable. People don't binge-play a game forever. A highly anticipated sequel and a highly anticipated expansion came out. School started back up again.

Do you understand what confounding variables are?

Why you continue to even engage Dave in coversation or reply to his threads is beyond me, he is not a reasonable or objective person, maybe for entertainment purposes? He is at least that I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]