Diablo® III

FPS ISSUE need the Battlenet Community HELP!!

Hi everyone,

My name is DK. I love gaming! I recently built my computer strictly for that. She's running fine at the moment. But I feel like shes not using her full potential. (Don't know how to overclock)
I'm currently rockin' Battlefield 3 on ULTRA and it is amazing! V-sync on at 60FPS and it drops down to 40 when things get out of hand. Around 85FPs without v-sync. Meanwhile (Sighz) on Diablo 3. She's performing horribly. Just want to pull my hair out. V-sync on or not her Fps drops down to 15 when I cast spells like blizzard or meteors. I even tried playing at low graphic settings, choosing performance in the Nvidia control panel, updating bios and drivers. No help there.

My Computer Specs.

Windows Edition: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)
Motherboard: Asus P8z77-V Pro
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz Ivy Bridge
CPU Aftermarket Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced (Double Fans)
Memory: Corsair Veangence 16GB Kit (4x4GB) 1600MHz
Graphics: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (2048MB GDDR5)
Disk Drive: Crucial Solid State Drive 256GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s
Power Supply: Corsair TX750M
Full Tower Case: CM Storm Trooper

Some thoughts that came up:

1. Could it be the game itself?
2. What about my internet speed? download/upload (18mb/2mb)
3. I heard there are some issues with the graphics card being OC from factory. Driver issues maybe?
4. My 45inch screen TV (HDMI)?

SoMEONE HELP!
Reply Quote
Funny, I haven't touched diablo3 in awhile and it ran fine before patch 1.0.4, but I go to play it today, and the only time my fps drops to 0 is when I encounter mobs...So I guess you can say I am having the same issue.
Reply Quote
this is some bull man.. great cpu.. bad game?
Reply Quote
EU servers are having plenty of problems today but I can log on. The issue I am suffering with fps has now dropped to unplayable overnight. It worked fine yesterday but now it barely runs animations on the login screen let alone in game. Seen a lot of posts today about random lag spikes and hardcore players losing months of work to lag.
Reply Quote
2. What about my internet speed? download/upload (18mb/2mb)
3. I heard there are some issues with the graphics card being OC from factory. Driver issues maybe?
4. My 45inch screen TV (HDMI)?

1. It's possible. The number of different configurations out there makes it near-impossible to say for certain, but it's entirely possible.

2. Your speeds are fine. Mine's roughly 5mb/0.75mb and I don't have too many problems - and that's from Australia. That said, high latency won't cause a low framerate, though it is possible for the reverse.

3. Factory OC cards are fine. My GTX 670 came factory overclocked. Like the 7970 I had before it, I've also overclocked it and my performance is just fine.

4. Screen size is irrelevant. TV panels may take a little longer to update but that will only make it appear delayed - not with a poor framerate.

Honestly, more information is going to be needed to make a determination. I use the same GPU, same memory and a similar CPU (a 2600K Sandy Bridge) without any problems to speak of - and that's while forcing 4x SSAA. The only thing that really springs to mind, which you don't mention, is that I run a dedicated soundcard - the vast majority of people no longer do that.

A full DXDiag report will help.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Eka
this game isnt hard, most recent pc's at mid price, should be able to run this game even if they weren't designed specifically for gaming. you have a top end video card that blows my card out the water, AMD Radeon HD 6650M, and you're getting about the same frames as me and i have a mid-grade gaming video chip (on a laptop). it dont make no dam sense!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Eka

1. It's possible. The number of different configurations out there makes it near-impossible to say for certain, but it's entirely possible.

possible is an understatement. IT IS the game. he has a top end card. running a benchmark test for his card on D3 he should be screaming through it, not begging on his knees for mercy with a measely 15 fps. benchmark tests for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M

Diablo III (2012)
low: 185 fps
med.: 133 fps
high: 80.8 83 117 ~ 94 fps
ultra: 59 59 60 ~ 59 fps

i dont know if u jus bought D3 or not but to give you an idea of how the performance of this game has gone to crap, i've been playing since launch day. when me and my friends rolled out the gates i was rocking 40-50 fps on all settings maxed out in high and the game was screaming on my midgrade video card. as blizzard started to apply more and more patches, its started to get slower and slower down to jus 30, then 20 fps. now with patch 1.0.4 i cant even run the friggin game anymore because I'm at 9 frames jus standing in town. and NO its not my drivers because my computer is new, not even 3 months old yet. i have the most recent drivers and there are no previous versions.

blizzard has done some crappy programming and they need to answer for it and fix it. they answer fast to internet drama that puts them in a bad light but they dont answer to the fail problems in this game. i dont care about apologies, i care about results.

D3!! FIX IT!!
Edited by Gör#1270 on 8/26/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is getting old... I'm so close to giving up hope...

This might sound dumb but when I have fraps on with vsync off i'm runnin 144 FPS witch is great but my monitors refresh rate is 60hz so I NEED to use vsync. Could it be that our cards and vsync are fighting each other. I.E. My cards tryin to push to 140 and my monitor is trying to stay at 60? Is there a way to bring down a cards FPS? Underclocking? I have the same story, worked great before may patch.... after, complete trash. I think for me it's more Assets loading issue....
Edited by TriggerSaint#1450 on 8/26/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey everyone!

I'm so glad you guys replied. Thank you. Even though it's not all good news. But i feel your pain. It's sad how this game is degrading our Cpus' at the moment. Unfortunately I do feel a lil better because it's not just me. But I'm not going to give up just yet. Been playing since Diablo 2 since god knows when. And I enjoyed v. much on my COMPAQ. You remember them rigs? =P
But now we are on a WHOLE other level. What's up Blizzard? You guys need to help me out here. Its ridunkulous! How am I suppose to spend my money in RMAH if I can't even play the game properly. I might have to try Guild Wars 2. And maybe then I will see my baby's full potential.

Sent a ticket out to Blizzard the Jizzzard. I wonder how long they are going to take to reply. Oh wells.

P.S.
Sooo ummm... what are you guys playing besides diablo? I'd like to test the waters. =P
Reply Quote
Diablo was my only fix right now.
Guess ill pirate something today
Reply Quote
Diablo was my only fix right now.
Guess ill pirate something today

haha.. true..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]