Diablo® III

@ Skorn

Alright, so, I get that it has some pretty kickin' rad stats. High strength, potentially top-end innate crit damage, a socket, and the possibility of 1500 tooltip dps. But what about the bleed? Everyone's railing so hard on how awesome Skorn is, so I'm curious to find out exactly why before I drop a hefty chunk of cash on one for myself.

Is the bleed really enough to make or break it here? I mean, with the amount of damage a 2h build puts out I'm seeing 300k crits at the lowest on my bash -- and my dps stats still have a lot of room for improvement. So I feel like a 10k bleed isn't really going to make a difference at all, unless it scales with your gear.

So tell me, Skorn users: is the bleed helpful, even a little bit? Do you even notice it? Or does the appeal of the weapon all lie in its other sizable endowments?
Reply Quote
The bleed is not noticeable at all. Your hundreds of thousand dmg will make the bleed look like junk. The reason why its so expensive and good is that most of them comes with 300+ str, innate crit dmg ( 100%+) and a socket.

Also if you check AH and put 300str, 130crit dmg and a socket, you will find only skorns.
Reply Quote
is a skorn with no strength still gonna give you plus 100 k dps with the best jool of course???
i have not enough gold for one with strength
Reply Quote
is a skorn with no strength still gonna give you plus 100 k dps with the best jool of course???
i have not enough gold for one with strength

You can always hit 100k with enough Crit% and Crit hit dmg, it's not just the str on the Skorn that gives you that. You can still get more str on other parts of your armor. If you take Str out on the Skorn, then look for a Skorn with high DPS, and High Crit dmg.

But just keep in mind, getting a Skorn isn't going to automatically boost you to 100k dps. You still need to work on your other stats.

So tell me, Skorn users: is the bleed helpful, even a little bit? Do you even notice it? Or does the appeal of the weapon all lie in its other sizable endowments?

All the bleed ever did for me was if I happen take a monster down to a few k of its life, I can move on to the next target and let the bleed finish it off. But more often than not, monsters die without the bleed ever really being much use. It's an ok bonus, but nothing to rely on.
Edited by Highlander#1740 on 9/11/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah the bleed is hardly noticeable and lots of ppl are running 2h cleave + rend, so that makes the bleed even more moot. If you can afford to save up, I would save up for a str skorn with decent crit dmg. You can skimp a little on the dps if it has more str and more crit dmg.

Prices are dropping on skorns and 20-30m will get you a pretty decent str skorn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]