Diablo® III

Frequent, Massive Lag Spikes in 1.04

Prior to 1.04 I never had any problems with lag spikes. However, since the patch, the game is nearly unplayable due to lag spikes that last 10-15 seconds and occur every few minutes. Occasionally they result in a disconnect. Most of the time, my latency is very good, but then the connection just seemingly drops.

I've tested my connection and it's not on my end as far as I can tell. Is this something others are experiencing as well?
Reply Quote
I have started playing again today, but it turned out to be nearly unplayable because of lag spiking. The same as what you have just described.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
66 Draenei Shaman
Same here. No issues before and now due to massive lag spikes, game is unplayable :(
Reply Quote
Same exact issue here, and only since 1.04.
To be more specific, assuming this is the same symptoms as OP, every 10-20 seconds (seems to be more drastic if an Elite is near by) the animations around me freeze, even though my character is able to freely move, only to notice a few seconds later that my character has actually not moved at all and find myself dead exactly where/when the lag began.
It seems like the server is continuing to play out everything, yet sends the data to my screen much later. This is making the game absolutely unplayable.
Reply Quote
Many of us have had this issue for weeks. It's all our faults of course, has nothing to do with blizzard.
Reply Quote
+1
Curious thing happened to me earlier.
After updating to 1.0.4, lags, low fps, game sucks, yada yada yada.
Playing today with 3 others, game crashes, computer freezes up.
Reboot, run D3, now game played ok, for another 3 hours, till rage quit on hell Belial.
Ill try again in the morning.
Edited by oldmannoob#1730 on 8/25/2012 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nah, still sucks.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Shocker420
Many of us have had this issue for weeks. It's all our faults of course, has nothing to do with blizzard.

Or Mac OSX. Or OpenGL. Or programming in general.
Reply Quote
08/26/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Rhyas9

Or Mac OSX. Or OpenGL. Or programming in general.

Or Windows. Or DirectX. Or Blizzard releasing a game not ready for primetime.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem it sounds.
I have a MBP late 2011 i7 model with Mountain Lion.
The game runs smoothly. But then suddenly it stops reacting on what i'm doing in the game. I can run around. But nothing happens with mobs etc. It seems that i loose connection to the servers completely. Sometimes it comes back again after 10-20 seconds; and then i'm usually dead.
And other times it just says that i lost connection to the server.
Tried to tab out and use the internet while it goes on - and nothing is wrong with my connection.
It's a pain to play like this.

Please fix !
Edited by Grusgaard#2342 on 8/27/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm in the same boat.

1.0.4 was good from launch until about 5 days ago. Experiencing exactly what others have described here and in a couple other threads. Tried all "fixes" to no avail.

From what I remember, this happened before - about a week after the initial launch of the game - and was fixed with a hotfix on Blizzard's end.

Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon - game is currently unplayable.
Reply Quote
BUMMMMMMMMMP!!!! fuuuuuuuuuu 0.o
Reply Quote
Also this is happening in SC 2. Just tested it. a;lskfdjals;dkbgdkjb
Reply Quote
I have the same problem it sounds.
I have a MBP late 2011 i7 model with Mountain Lion.
The game runs smoothly. But then suddenly it stops reacting on what i'm doing in the game. I can run around. But nothing happens with mobs etc. It seems that i loose connection to the servers completely. Sometimes it comes back again after 10-20 seconds; and then i'm usually dead.
And other times it just says that i lost connection to the server.
Tried to tab out and use the internet while it goes on - and nothing is wrong with my connection.
It's a pain to play like this.

Please fix !

This doesn't sound at all like the problem we're all having. Yours sounds like an internet problem. If everything froze including you and everything running on your comp, then it would be what we're talking about.
Reply Quote
To be more specific, assuming this is the same symptoms as OP, every 10-20 seconds (seems to be more drastic if an Elite is near by) the animations around me freeze, even though my character is able to freely move, only to notice a few seconds later that my character has actually not moved at all and find myself dead exactly where/when the lag began.
It seems like the server is continuing to play out everything, yet sends the data to my screen much later. This is making the game absolutely unplayable.

Exactly what is happening to me...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
When we say lag spikes, are we referring to low FPS, or high latency?

If it is low FPS, then we have a new thread to collect data here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6489939670

If you're experiencing high latency, like 1000ms in-game, please create a new thread about this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have also eperienced these "lag spikes". I believe what I am referring to is a minute into the game I start to Attack something...... 10 seconds pass then my next attack wasn't complete and my character is stuck in place doing the attack. After 3 seconds my character comes back to being playable. This also occurs with movement. I see that this is a common problem. It would that happen occasionally as I am playing. About 12 times a minute. I do not know what is causing this and I read that The Americas region has lag issues. This is the issue most players are experiencing, please fix it. This would game would be great without the lag spikes. :(
Edited by Geotheking#1705 on 11/19/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]