Diablo® III

Sam's Inferno ACT IV Pet Build

I've been demolishing Act IV with full clears for a few days now and thought I'd share my build.

Inferno Diablo Phase II:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md2_eNDdv8M

A3 Elite Packs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9MvrPG-bo

Profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SAMUNOZ1-1952/hero/5189740

Build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cZUdYT!aec!aZZcYa

This was essentially the build I had been using up until I got to inferno, but had to abandon it pre 1.0.4. However, post patch with several upgrades and pet buffs its now extremely viable.

Spirit Vessel and Blood Ritual are permanent. For the last slot I tend to use one of the following: Jungle Fortitude, Pierce the Veil or Fierce Loyalty. For an Act IV clear Jungle Fortitude works best.

Blood Ritual, a helm with Mana Regen, Firebat cost reduction along with a slow hard hitting 2H allows a GotD (groping eels) and bat spam mobs to death.

I've tried all kinds of combinations and this is definitely the one that makes ACT IV easy mode. Give it a try and enjoy!
Edited by SAMUNOZ1#1952 on 9/7/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So, what's your thoughts about zombie handler passive and life link/leeching beasts runes?

Is it worth it with barely 22k dps the 2% damage per second (instead of the runes i've mentioned already)?
Reply Quote
SAMUNOZ1 : I am running a similar build and have also cleared act 4 quite easily.

Look at my equips and you'll see that my equips are far inferior to yours.

My pets almost never die as i use the fierce loyalty passive instead of spirit vessel. I'd say you could increase your damage output by massive amounts if you forgo a bit of your all resistances. Im hardly dying and i have pretty pathetic AR.
Reply Quote
i've been trying this out and i do like it however i was wondering if you could go into more detail on your playstyle? I still die a good bit, mobs still charge at me and i sometimes run in the wrong direction. just wondering for any tips. thank you kindly!
Reply Quote
SAMUNOZ1 : I am running a similar build and have also cleared act 4 quite easily.

Look at my equips and you'll see that my equips are far inferior to yours.

My pets almost never die as i use the fierce loyalty passive instead of spirit vessel. I'd say you could increase your damage output by massive amounts if you forgo a bit of your all resistances. Im hardly dying and i have pretty pathetic AR.

The reason I don't have fierce loyalty is because my pets are tough due to my AR/ARMOR. There haven't been any instance where my pets are both on CD save a freak dual fireball on diablo. My AR is where due to its necessity pre-1.0.4 and you are right I could lose a little to boost damage, but my Bats are already hitting for 100K+ on crit. And any piece that is an upgrade is 10's of millions of gold. So unless it drops it I will probably keep these pieces for a long time.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 02:58 AMPosted by Bacchus
i've been trying this out and i do like it however i was wondering if you could go into more detail on your playstyle? I still die a good bit, mobs still charge at me and i sometimes run in the wrong direction. just wondering for any tips. thank you kindly!

I wait for a big group to gather on my pets so I can use soul harvest. The vengeful run will usually outright kill weaker mobs. After that I run back, only ever to areas I already cleared, and spam bats. I kept spirit vessel in there as it basically eliminates repair bills. Not having a shield things can get crazy when surrounded which is why I use bats. Its awesome that they hit everything in their path. I just really got tired of the bears, short range, out of mana and repairs. A beefy 2H was the key to this build.
Reply Quote
So, what's your thoughts about zombie handler passive and life link/leeching beasts runes?

Is it worth it with barely 22k dps the 2% damage per second (instead of the runes i've mentioned already)?

I started out with those two, but found it was overkill. I would almost always die before my pets if I got cornered. I picked bruning dogs and humongoid for the constant AOE damage. If I was also running bad medicine I would use bigstinker and rapid dogs along with ZH if you are having problems staying alive and are ok with mana regen.
Reply Quote
What is the life on hit for?
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Bacchus
What is the life on hit for?
Its mostly legacy gear from when I used Acid Raid, but it seems to keep me topped of when I cast GotD and when the bats runs through a horde of enemies. Comes in handy when you get vortexed or teleported on when Spirit Walk is down. Just dropping GotD at my feet seems to do the trick.
Edited by SAMUNOZ1#1952 on 8/29/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sweet baby Jesus. Lent my cousin some money to make his silly inferno Pony level staff and went with him reluctantly and got this:

http://imgur.com/o1JNw

Bats are hitting for over 260,000 now.
Edited by SAMUNOZ1#1952 on 8/29/2012 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice drop. Why not put in a 'green' rune for extra 50% crit dmg? wouldn't that be even more crazy?
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Doowa
Nice drop. Why not put in a 'green' rune for extra 50% crit dmg? wouldn't that be even more crazy?

I put an 80% Crit Damage emerald. Oh my. And believe it or not ANOTHER Skorn dropped for me last night in Whimsyshire.
Edited by SAMUNOZ1#1952 on 8/31/2012 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good build, just cleared act4 with it easily.
But I'm struggling on Diablo. Any advices ? Build adjustments ?

EDIT:Got to phase 3 so far.. :)
EDIT2:Diablo inferno finally dead in a group with another WD, my build was different : spider queen, AC lob blob bomb, SW, haunt, garg, dogs, vision quest, jungle fortitude and spirit vessel
Edited by Hagan#2893 on 8/31/2012 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good build, just cleared act4 with it easily.
But I'm struggling on Diablo. Any advices ? Build adjustments ?

EDIT:Got to phase 3 so far.. :)
EDIT2:Diablo inferno finally dead in a group with another WD, my build was different : spider queen, AC lob blob bomb, SW, haunt, garg, dogs, vision quest, jungle fortitude and spirit vessel

Congrats! To make my life easier I do Diablo in full AR gear, regen & loh gear. It sure beats running away from him constantly.
Reply Quote
Hey SAMUNOZ1,

Would you be kind enough to post your build in "Pet Guide (Patch 1.04) by Peter" too? Here is the link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6490580362?page=1

Thanx :>
Reply Quote
Hey SAMUNOZ1,

Would you be kind enough to post your build in "Pet Guide (Patch 1.04) by Peter" too? Here is the link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6490580362?page=1

Thanx :>

Will do. I just added a video snippet of me running through a few things in A3. I'm not great with video and really don't know how to improve the quality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]