Diablo® III

[Critical Bug] Hydra last hits ignoring MF?

I use lightning hydra to score the last hit on goblins. never noticed anything so far.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Zedonius
Makes me wonder how many other abilities fall into this category. Just thinking of my DH and things like Caltrops/Traps etc. I wonder if this is a bug with all abilities that are placed in the game world as a separate entity from the player character.

Oh my...this would be...a disaster of epic proportions. And I am not being sarcastic here.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 05:21 PMPosted by MasterJay
Please tell me you're here to replace Bashiok

No one replaces Bashiok. He is the man, the myth, the forum CM legend.

Tseric says hi.

Anyway, enough off topic stuff, guys. Looks like we have straight talk coming our way about this, so please let's keep the thread hydra and MF related.

For the last few days (and I know this is completely anecdotal), I've dropped hydra and seem to have noticed an uptick in number of rares per run I get (measured by trips to town per run to sell - I pick up all, and only, rares). I have a hard time believing it would be due to the extra 6% MF from getting two more paragon levels.

I still have spark flint on, and while it must be pretty rare that he gets the last hit on anything, I'd love to hear if he might be affected as well (being another outside-of-character damage source). On that related note, it is probably worth checking into every other classes outside damage sources (monk spirit, barb call of the ancients, wd pets, dh traps/pet, etc.).
Reply Quote
This game is really untested beta...
Reply Quote
Well im not totally sure about the mf ive worried about it and noticed it but as random as drops are you never know. But what i do know is that if hydra scores the last hit you get no heal from life on kill. Also hydra does not keep you in combat for chain kills infact the time it takes to cast usually screws up your chain and ends it early.

Is a few things that tell me the mf works on hydra kills though would have to test it more but goto act 3 and kill lots of mobs with just hydra the first thing i notice is all the whites are improved types which takes over 200ish mf to never see plain whites or low quality items. If you log on a char that has no mf youll notice plain whites and grey items drop constantly. Now dont count chests and breakables because mf does not count on them anymore.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 05:04 PMPosted by DeathAddict

Yeah that OP buff that they're going to nerf when 1.0.5 goes online...
What did wiz get?

Invulnerability.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Lachdanan
On that related note, it is probably worth checking into every other classes outside damage sources (monk spirit, barb call of the ancients, wd pets, dh traps/pet, etc.).

They might also want to check followers and minions that spawn from the new legendaries.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Zedonius
Makes me wonder how many other abilities fall into this category. Just thinking of my DH and things like Caltrops/Traps etc. I wonder if this is a bug with all abilities that are placed in the game world as a separate entity from the player character.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering the same thing. This sucks...
Reply Quote
Um... if hydra works this way, wouldn't that be any source of damage that isn't directly done by the player?

I'm not trying to make any accusations of that because I've not tested any of this.. but if hydra is affected by this I would think so would WW barb tornadoes, turrets, etc. would too.
Reply Quote
Maybe if you posted in the bug report forum this would get some attention.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 06:22 PMPosted by lokibunny
Maybe if you posted in the bug report forum this would get some attention.

Yeah because a blue hasn't posted in this thread already..

Oh wait.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I can confirm that WD pets both zombie dogs and gargan do not gain our MF so their last hits mess up our MF :/ same with my maximus and other legendary procs i got.
Reply Quote
I really hope we get a reply about the truth or falseness of this soon. My main is a wiz who uses hydra extensively, and I want to know if I've been killing my MF by doing so. Certainly my drops since 1.04 have been terrible. I've reached Paragon level 15 without finding any sets and only 3 legendaries despite having about 340 MF with 5 NV stacks.
Reply Quote
Oh well, we dont need loot anyway.
Reply Quote
I just want to clarify for everyone's benefit, I'm very happy a blue tagged this and now they will extensively test it:

- the issue is simply, are summon last hits ignoring 'equipped MF' (they clearly get NV benefits, we've tested)

Let's see what the blood report says

Remember 'negative' is good ( :p see what I did there)
Reply Quote
Yes, definitely good news that it's being investigated. Now I'd like a speedy answer and, if necessary, fix.
Reply Quote
Yeah - well, damn. I'm glad they are on this. I'm less glad that I'm finding out about it now, after being a hydra kiter who never swaps gear or spells and has the hydra doing a lot of the work.

Kinda frustrated that I've been getting absolute (*&#$ despite over 250-280% MF depending on solo vs group play.

*grumble*

I'll definitely be watching this thread for a statement after they're done checking.

Thank you Blizzard for the initial response!
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 07:13 PMPosted by doccocaubai
you players are so stupid , sitting there and try to discussing with blizzard !!!! are you nut !!!!! discussing with blizzard !!!!! there is only 1 way to blizzard , and that is " you player just shut up and play what we blizzard give you or on your bike and f_ _ _ off "

get off them drugs son..
Reply Quote
I already said how to test it i have but not much goto act 3 inferno kill a bunch of white mobs with 300ish mf and make sure hydra kills them. Check the white items that drop if there is a single non improved white items its broke. Because if you have enough mf low quality and normal white items will no longer dropfrom mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]