Diablo® III

Is this desktop PC worth buying?

Was hoping to purchase a desktop this christmas and was thinking of getting the:
HP Pavilion p7-1234 Desktop & 23" LED IPS Monitor Package from BestBuy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+Pavilion+p7-1234+Desktop+%26+23%22+LED+IPS+Monitor+Package/9999186800050005.p?id=pcmprd186200050005&skuId=9999186800050005

Basically, will this be an upgrade from my pavilion notebook pc, which runs d3 ok? I want something faster that will support d3 at max settings, and gw2 just as well.

Edit: Happy to see that my post is getting some helpful tips, but I'm not particularly excited about building a rig. I would prefer to just buy one, since my gaming time will be limited with college classes starting up. Is there a pc I could buy/order from BestBuy or Office Depot that will meet my needs?
Edited by ACHILLES451#1646 on 8/28/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if you don't build your own computer, its not worth it.

go to newegg and learn to do it. its not hard.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
wont happen with that GC
Reply Quote
I've been told building a computer can get pricey, and I'm trying to avoid anything over $800. Plus, I don't know much about computers other than how to do everyday things so...

Could anyone recommend a pc that I can purchase for around or less than $800 that would still get me the desired results?
Reply Quote
If you can put together a simple jigsaw puzzle, you can build a computer. There are many, may resources available to get you started.
Lots of people here, Tom's, Maximum PC, etc.
Just ask if you get stuck or need help.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZ4qrehCk0&feature=related

pretty good build you can get with a 950$ budget, a bit off topic, but i live in Tahiti and the same build build would cost me around 1800$
Reply Quote
You won't be able to get a machine that will run diablo3 at max res and graphics for under 800$
Video will likely cost 300-450 alone.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Build your own. It's actually cheaper if it's over $500 total.

See this guide
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6293460070
Reply Quote
Im a nub and I built mine for $1100 including OS. I hate to say built when its more like assembling it is that easy. I spent about ten hours making sure I was getting what I wanted and that the pieces would work together. I wanted AMD so i did and got an 8core fx4100 (i kinda forget) which is overkill I think. So you could go even cheaper. Plus I didnt shop around for parts just buying them off the shelf from memory express here in Canada. Got a 1000watt psu which was more than was needed so u could save money there by only getting psu u need.

Anyway it runs wow, gw2, and d3 with all settings at max and is perfectly playable at those settings. As a note my toshiba laptop which cost $1000 two years ago plays d3 on mid settings (playable without lagging), plays wow on mid settings, and gw2 on low settings.

The point was if I could do it you can too. Forgive my nubness hope that helped u.
Reply Quote
I picked up a laptop at BB that runs D3 at mid-upper level settings for $450 within the last 2 weeks. From the 5 computers I tried to find one I could deal with, the one you're looking at is not gonna run it that well. I was spoiled by wifey's rig and it took lots of searching to find something acceptable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]