Diablo® III

Item Tool-Tips

Hey everyone,
I've seen some people using dynamic tool tips that I assume use the API (as they call the item/BLASDHFAHSFDAJSKDFS.json) in a class in the link. However, I can't seem to find the source JS/CSS for these, or get them to work. The closest I've found is this:

http://www.theworldstonekeep.com/js/custom_tooltips.js

However, I'm not able to get that to do anything for me. It is the a copy of the same thing on diabloprogress.com

Does anyone have any examples or information they can provide on how to get these set up for their sites?
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 8/30/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No one out there is using tool tips for items?
Reply Quote
I will be adding a item module to DarkTip in the near future. Right now I'm only supporting profile tooltips, however. :)
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 01:17 PMPosted by DSitC
I will be adding a item module to DarkTip in the near future. Right now I'm only supporting profile tooltips, however. :)

Yeah, I already checked your stuff out from earlier (profiles look great BTW). However, someone has a script that is already pulling everything in the diablo 3 styling, so just trying to figure out what they are doing. It looks like everyone is using that JS i linked, but I can't figure out how they are doing it.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 8/30/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,
I've seen some people using dynamic tool tips that I assume use the API (as they call the item/BLASDHFAHSFDAJSKDFS.json) in a class in the link. However, I can't seem to find the source JS/CSS for these, or get them to work. The closest I've found is this:

However, I'm not able to get that to do anything for me. It is the a copy of the same thing on diabloprogress.com

Does anyone have any examples or information they can provide on how to get these set up for their sites?

If you look in the <head> tag on the profile pages you can get a list of all the CSS files they are using.

Im guessing you want to look at /d3/static/css/tooltips.css?v51, and maybe
/d3/static/local-common/js/tooltip.js?v42
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,

If you look in the <head> tag on the profile pages you can get a list of all the CSS files they are using.

Im guessing you want to look at /d3/static/css/tooltips.css?v51, and maybe
/d3/static/local-common/js/tooltip.js?v42

Yeah, i tried pulling both of those down locally and attempted to run them using the same classes/ids for items, but to no avail. I'm guessing there is a backend parser that gets all the item information or something but I can't figure it out. And given that multiple sites are using the same tool tips, i'm assuming there is a lib or project out there, so was hoping someone could point me to the right direction of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]