Diablo® III

i thought reinstalling would fix patch update

80 Worgen Druid
so the patch wouldn't update it said check your internet connection... so I found a thread stating the same problem, so a person said to download the patch from a site so I did that and put it in the D3 folder. and after it still would say check your internet connection.
So I decided to delete it and reinstall it but now it says...
failed to download a required installation file (http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/d3-pod/InstallData.Master/Win/diablo3_enus_disk_encrypted_win.blob). Please check your internet connection and try again.
what should I do, my internet connection is fine i'm on youtube, and some other sites.
Edited by ghostrider#1951 on 8/23/2012 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
same here
Reply Quote
I had this problem a few weeks ago. I tried everything from Changing the IE option Settings, to deleting files. I tried new internet connections, nothing worked. Finally i crashed my computer manually Dr how i did it, but when it came up, said that "Recomend Restoring computer to previously working day." So i did this. Guess what it finally worked. Try Restoring your computer to a known day that you remember it actually working. If not, my other option would be to Reformat your computer. I noticed sometimes my computer will get a virus or an issue will be caused do to playing D3. Not saying Blizz caused it, but could be bc i have NO security on my computer. But try that and see what happens.

Step 1: Restore computer
Step 2: Reformat.

hope one of these works for you. If not i'll see if i can go back and find the rest of the the things people told me to try. or i'll look at my ticket and post what Blizz told me to try.
Reply Quote
im having the same problem! i cant go back and restore my computer to a day that it worked, because that would have to be from almost 2 weeks ago! I sent in a ticket to blizzard to have them help me with my problem about a week ago, and they still HAVE NO RESPONSE. I like this game, and i've been having fun with it. but since they put out a patch that WILL NOT DOWNLOAD for me, i decided the best thing to do would be to uninstall-reinstall, and now i cannot download this file: http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/d3-pod/InstallData.master/win/diablo3_enus_disk_encrypted_win.blob not sure what the heck it all means, but Blizzard needs to fix this before i call and demand a refund on a game that DOES NOT WORK
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Druid
that sucks so blizzard still hasn't responded to you?
I couldn't go back and restore system setting either
Reply Quote
Im Having the exact same problem... blizzard needs to fix this or give me my (our) money back! :-[
Reply Quote
same problem here since patch 1.06...please, can anyone from blizzard tech support help us???
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue. I re-installed the game and it froze when the download got to 256k left to download. I closed the game and restated it and it logged me in but then when I logged out with account issues and started it again it now tells me " Failed to start the streaming download. Please check your connection and try again." I am assuming this is an issue with the last patch as it was all no-fun and poor drops before that for my demon hunter.
Reply Quote
Hopefully this helps

http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/
Edited by Brolael#1996 on 12/4/2012 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]