Diablo® III

Where has Skorn Dropped?

Just wondering where people have had Skorn Drop for them. I farm act 2 currently and just don't quite have the dps to roll into act 3.

Has anyone found a skorn in act 1 or 2 or is it strictly act 3/4?
Reply Quote
I have heard it being said, but haven't confirmed or seen original post,
but apprently ilvl63 Legendaries only drop in act 3/4

I got my Skorn last night in act 3 in the tower of the cursed
Reply Quote
I'll take a stab at this. Considering Skorn is an ilvl 63 Two Handed Axe, any ilvl 63 Two Handed Axe that drops has a small chance to roll a Skorn. Theoretically, Act 3 and Act 4 should give you the highest chances to roll a ilvl 63 Two Handed Axe considering more ilvl 63s drop in those acts compared to Act 1 and Act 2. This doesn't mean a ilvl 63 Two Handed Axe can't drop in Act 1/2, but the chances are much lower.
Reply Quote
Mine dropped on the rakkis crossing bridge act 3 about an hour ago from a white mob. There has been no comfirmation on act 1 or 2 dropping ilvl 63 legendaries, I really don't see why not. I'm sure someone just said it and it snowballed into a big rumor.
Reply Quote
I bought mine post patch on but the legacy one the junky 800 dps pre patch version that I found one week before patch day dropped on act 3 in the first arreat crater area just one of those tent pods or what ever they are called the ones with the scorpions in them sometimes it dropped from that. This was pre patch but I don't see where it drops being different.

Either way it is almost impossible to farm for the purpose of finding an item. There are just oo many legendaries to bank on finding that one. I wish they made the other 2 handers more viable compared to scorn. The Grandfather which was the grand daddy of weapons in d2 is good dps but no crit dmg and all stats and no socket from what I see. I also found a maxius which looks sick but it does 70k less dps the demon it summons is cool but it does not last long enough, Some have sockets though but not enough to compete with scorn

I am 1 shottingthings on act 3 I never would have with dw or my prvious 2 hander.
Reply Quote
ilvl63s will drop in any act of Inferno, but ilvl63 items drop with the most frequency in act 3/4. Since act 4 is so small and there just aren't many packs to kill after hitting 5 stacks, act 3 is your best bet.

There's no specific place or enemy as far as I know. I found an Andariel's Visage from an elite pack in the fields of slaughter, but it has just as much chance of dropping from any other elite pack in act 3. Same for Skorn.
Edited by Sigh#1856 on 8/27/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So....sounds like they can drop in any act. Just the chances are much, greater in act 3.
Reply Quote
Act III off the spiders after Seigebreaker fight for me. Every legendary I have found post 1.04 (7 of them) has been from white trash mobs using 300+ MF with 5 stacks.
Reply Quote
Guess I better spend the money and get act III on farm mode... Is it sad that I farm on my WD looking for gear for my barb lol... I found really good WD gear while playing my barb so I'm hoping it will work vise-versa. lol
Reply Quote
08/27/2012 10:00 AMPosted by valanthe
So....sounds like they can drop in any act. Just the chances are much, greater in act 3.

That is correct, I have found two legendaries post patch 1.0.4 so far one was ilvl 63 one was ilvl 61 both were in act I. But the chance of finding them is more then double in act III then act I or II.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Hunter
i am gay
Reply Quote
I found the one equipped in caverns of frost act 3 MP5, plus 1 other and my lacunis. Had them a long time so not from last 2 patches.
Go in with 5 stacks, elites and resplendent chest have been good to me so far.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/13/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Steebs
i am gay

Did you really revive this thread to post that?
Reply Quote
dropped one yesterday doing act 1 mp 8
Reply Quote
Which mp in act III ??
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 07:32 AMPosted by serpent
dropped one yesterday doing act 1 mp 8
which map of act I?
Reply Quote
I've gotten about 3 of them but the only location I remember for sure dropping for me was Act 3 Stonefort.
Reply Quote
got 1 act 1 woods mp10
Reply Quote
Guys this post was from 2012. i63 items now drop in basically all acts with mp.
Reply Quote
During our MF buff week, I found 4 Skorns in 2 days, all in ACT 1 (FoM and Weeping Hollow) on MP10. It was funny how they kept dropping...too bad none of them were worth keeping.

Point being, they can drop anywhere from A1 to A4.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]