Diablo® III

Can a Blue settle this Max MF dispute!?

I been looking around and from what I read people say 300 is max and that anything that says is over 300 does not count.

So Some say NV 375% mf counts some say max is only 300 so the 75 does not count as real MF.
Also the follower going over 300 was not mentioned in the notes, and so some say follower adds MF and some say its just a bug saying he does when it does not work...

So what is it? Is out Max mf 300? 375? or 399? or more..... Please Blizzard explain this in more detail!
Reply Quote
They stated that 300 mf is max PRE NV stacks. So 375% is max with NV stacks. It was in the patch notes regarding Paragon levels.
Reply Quote
caps 375 + MP
Edited by elev8#1923 on 11/21/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Follower MF doesnt count on the 300 max... so you can go up to 319+ without valor
Reply Quote
300 is the cap for YOUR GEAR.. nv, follower and shrines will add above the cap. it was explained in a blue post regarding this topic.
Reply Quote
its 403%... i was at the max and then change gem to +XP% now i'm at 393%(plv12) with NVs.

300% is cap for your character only: gears, paragon lv bonus, buff
28% from your follower not include in 300% cap
75% NVs
Edited by noox#6481 on 8/24/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
okay well. none of you really answered his question...

so its obvious that we can clearly get more mf above 300% with the follower, NV stacks...maybe 375%...and it shows it on our character sheet.

but the question is,

does the extra 75% add to your chance to find magic items or does it still cap at 300% chance to find magic items?

Does the MF count 375% or does it limit to 300% in terms of getting the effect?
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 10:38 AMPosted by BDrgn
300 is the cap for YOUR GEAR.. nv, follower and shrines will add above the cap. it was explained in a blue post regarding this topic.

I keep seeing ppl reference a blue post confirming this but nobody posts a link and I've not been able to find this mythical post.

Just went through Blizz tracker and I'm not seeing it so I'd love for one of you to post a link.
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Warchant
They stated that 300 mf is max PRE NV stacks. So 375% is max with NV stacks. It was in the patch notes regarding Paragon levels.

Patch notes only say this...
Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)

They stat cap is at 300% meaning MF does not count after that. They say NV will still stack beyond this cap but they do not say if it even counts.
So what they could be saying is 300% mf is cap but NV will still stack on character sheet even though 300% is cap. Meaning it will not count towards more MF.

So how can u say cap is at 300% and then say no its 375%? Should they not have specificly said 300% is cap for character MF? They simply stat its cap for MF in general.
Edited by Why#1611 on 8/24/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 10:33 AMPosted by elev8
caps like 400 with shrine afaik

When i had shrine it did not make me go beyond 399%. So shrine dont do nothing I believe.
Reply Quote
So I guess we will just assume the character sheet is right and say 399+ mf is max not 300?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7029347/7029347#general
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Magic Find and Gold Find percentages for both follower contributions and Fortune Shrine bonuses are intended to respect the 300% MF/GF cap. Nephalem Valor bonuses will continue to stack beyond this cap, however.

That said, we’ve seen some posts that MF/GF contributions from followers may currently be stacking above the cap, and we’re looking into those reports.
Reply Quote
The Magic Find and Gold Find percentages for both follower contributions and Fortune Shrine bonuses are intended to respect the 300% MF/GF cap. Nephalem Valor bonuses will continue to stack beyond this cap, however.

That said, we’ve seen some posts that MF/GF contributions from followers may currently be stacking above the cap, and we’re looking into those reports.

Ah ha, not intended. There goes the Sun Keeper / pre patch three hundreths spear / Grand Vizier / Blade of Prophecy pre patch market XD

Thank you for clearing that up Vaeflare.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 8/24/2012 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Might I ask WHY the shrine bonus is under the 300% limit? What would it hurt to have it go above, as you can't control the placement of shrines as a player. Why not allow players to get to 400% with a shrine and a five stack of Nephalem Valour?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]