Diablo® III

Increases Damage Against Elites by X% BUG

In fact this item stat working ONLY with direct damage abilities

Bug issues: not working with dots (at least not with WD dots)
Tested with haunt, locust swarm, gargantuan (big stinker rune).

The greatest example is poison dart (no rune) : direct damage getting bigger on elites, dot portion of the ability not changing at all... same deal for all dots i have tested, 0 damage increase on elites.

Now, after buying new SoJ - I am quite disappointed (or even mad), because my skill build has 3 dot abilities and this ring basically gives nothing to me

Post here your tests with other classes dot abilities
P.S. Please give us explanation or rather fix it !!!
Reply Quote
I can confirm that.
Tested with Acid Rain (with Stone of Jordan). Used Adept Maul with 34-36 damage (very tight range), eliminated all sources of critical chance, thorns etc. Turned on damage numbers display and attacked nightmare elites. Bonus was applied to initial hit, but not to the DoT part.

It's very depressing, because i spent half of my money to buy that ring..
Reply Quote
1 post for 2 weeks on major item bug, it seems like all others just ignore REAL numbers and get ring because it adds OMFG 25% damage to elites (whocares how does it work)... wtb blue post here!
Reply Quote
:(
Reply Quote
Wow thank you OP. you just saved me about 25mil gold. was strongly considering a nice SoJ ring for my locust build and DoT build. am glad i found this bug report thread. will a blue post please acknowledge or respond? it's very depressing. :(
Reply Quote
This bug applies to all items with the bonus damage it seems. Magefist, Fragment of Destiny, Burning Axe of Sunakis, SoJ, Schaefer's Hammer and Frostburn Gauntlets.

It affects mostly DoT spells, but also other spells like the various Hydra runes.

One has to wonder how on earth this made it past QA?! This is so elementary to test.
Reply Quote
My Rend don't do squat more against ubers too :S. Funny how I kill uber mp7 at least 1 min faster without SoJ but with a bifecta CC/CD ring instead with Rend build.

Folks, bump this thread away, or burn millions on SoJ, tyrael might, unity and assume ignorantly that you just get urself some major break in boss fights.... (like I did T___T)
Reply Quote

One has to wonder how on earth this made it past QA?! This is so elementary to test.

hahahahahahah there are still people thinking this game has QA... so cute :')
Reply Quote
they have one, apparantly (s)he's on vacation.

they just don't have any programmers. I'll bet acti-blizzard spent all of their programming and creativity budget on economists.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]