Diablo® III

Why Cain dies and nobody bothers to revive...

Ever wondered why is that when Deckard Cain dies, nobody bothers to ressurect him. Oh he's dead - let's burn him! And then comes act 2 where we gather bodypieces and blood to bring Zoltun Kulle back to life, that has been dead for deckades :)

I have the answer for you - Zoltun Kulle was a softcore noob that even accepted Scroll of ressurection while Deckard Cain was the oldest hardcore NPC!
Reply Quote
I have a suspicion that Necromancers will play a very large part in the first or maybe the second xpac. If that was the case, I also imagine that Deckard Cain might just pop up once more...
Reply Quote
So we'd see the undead Decard Cain? Will he be a ghost or a skeleton like Leoric?
Reply Quote
Kulle was different. He had discovered immortality, and was almost impossible to kill to begin with. Bring Kulle back to life was a lot easier. All you had to do was put his body back together again and perform the ritual.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Adria hadn't taught Leah the ritual yet and i doubt anyone in Tristram had known how.
Reply Quote
"Kulle was almost impossible to kill to begin with"

I find that different from my own experience. Apparently, hitting him really hard with blades a few times gets him to explode. ;)
Reply Quote
"Kulle was almost impossible to kill to begin with"

I find that different from my own experience. Apparently, hitting him really hard with blades a few times gets him to explode. ;)
Reply Quote
Yeah i know, if you're a witch doctor, why not just make him into a zombie.
Reply Quote
Deckard Cain should go all Ben Kenobi, with prophecies from beyond the grave!
Reply Quote
He should totally come back as a zombie bossfight. He could have an attack that would paralyze you and make him say: Stay a while and listen...
Reply Quote
OMG, really LOL. same thing here, a few hits and Kulle exploded...

Maybe something wrong with Adria's Ritual...
Edited by Zixuzo#1936 on 12/24/2012 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
I dunno, somehow I get the feeling that Deckard Cain is going to be revived in a quest in one of the expansions, and the quest is going to be called Raising Cain. After all, consider the name of the quest where you venture out in Act 1 to find Deckard Cain.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Sergon
Ever wondered why is that when Deckard Cain dies, nobody bothers to ressurect him

i believe i can explain the reason perfectly

during the american civil war, general robert E. lee's estate in virginia was Seized
by the federal government and Subsequently transformed into a massive monument
for the union troops, known as arlington national cemetery.

in my humble opinion, the killing of cain was very much the same gesture.
the original d3 dev team loved that old man, and indeed we all did.

as if to say "this isn't yours anymore, we have other plans"

deckard cain lived through a trip to hell itself, and to finally be killed by "the butterfly queen"
is not a question of poor dialogue and writing. Its a statement

now any remarks regarding the old diablo 3 developers by the current group working on d3 is always respectful and often times it can be very warm.

but deckard will never be revived....
just like robert E. lee never went back home

if anyone disagrees with me, ask your self this....would blizzard north have killed deckard cain? their track record says no.......

PS forgive my crazy analogy, i just thought it was a good example of someone "rubbing it in"
Edited by dewey#1278 on 1/27/2013 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Truth is,
Deckard Cain simply did not die.

If you watch the cut scene, Maghda did not oneshot Cain, there was no blood, no explosion, no wound, at all. He was still breathing and talking (and acting) after the hit. He let Maghda took the credit of killing him, or so he would let you believe...
If the final blow was coming from Diablo, it would have been plausible, but from an insect? Questionable.

We are talking about the old man who survived a meteor landing right on him, who survived more than a week under the cathedral full of monsters, who survived many Acts with the heroes previously...
Bet you didn't know he was a rapper until that song came out.
Bet you didn't know he has power to instantly repair a heaven forged sword.
Who knows what else Cain is capable of.
According to the story, Diablo apparently devised this hundreds of years scheme, why couldn't Cain construct his own grand ruse?

Bottom line, do not underestimate a Horadrim, especially the last Horadrim.
For all I know Cain could be the Chuck Norris of Diablo universe.
Reply Quote
He died reassembling Tyrael's sword, so perhaps his life essence went into it and can be remade somehow. Throw the sword into a hordardric cube or something.
Reply Quote
Because the "heroes" (I use the term loosely) of Diablo 1 greedily used up all of the Resurrect scrolls in all of Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
I'm annoyed he didn't go ghost obiwan style or something.
Or even show up as a ghost in act 4, wth!

Apparently butterflies kill you into next week or something.
Reply Quote
maybe cain is inarius, or the prophet.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Warlock
People don't stay dead in make believe worlds. Regardless of what skill a necromancer may have to manipulate what ever type bodily remains lay in front of them, the best way to honor the dead is to burn their mortal flesh to ash.

That being said why don't more people burn their dead?
Edited by MitkaFyodor#1572 on 2/6/2013 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Maverick
Deckard Cain should go all Ben Kenobi, with prophecies from beyond the grave!

Nah, he should come back Gandalf style.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]