Diablo® III

Why Cain dies and nobody bothers to revive...

He was HC, simple as that.
Reply Quote
Truth is,
Deckard Cain simply did not die.

If you watch the cut scene, Maghda did not oneshot Cain, there was no blood, no explosion, no wound, at all. He was still breathing and talking (and acting) after the hit. He let Maghda took the credit of killing him, or so he would let you believe...
If the final blow was coming from Diablo, it would have been plausible, but from an insect? Questionable.

We are talking about the old man who survived a meteor landing right on him, who survived more than a week under the cathedral full of monsters, who survived many Acts with the heroes previously...
Bet you didn't know he was a rapper until that song came out.
Bet you didn't know he has power to instantly repair a heaven forged sword.
Who knows what else Cain is capable of.
According to the story, Diablo apparently devised this hundreds of years scheme, why couldn't Cain construct his own grand ruse?

Bottom line, do not underestimate a Horadrim, especially the last Horadrim.
For all I know Cain could be the Chuck Norris of Diablo universe.

This.
Reply Quote
Generally, the only people with resurrection skills are necromancers. Zoltun Kulle did something a bit different though. He bound himself to the desert sands which made him more or less immortal. Zoltun is/was much more skilled mage than any "modern" Nephalem, but he was still a mostly unenlightened human.

I think that it is very likely that Deckard will make an appearance as a spirit or possibly more in an expansion or two once the Priests of Rathma decide what they are going to do in light of recent events.
Reply Quote
Because Blizzard is bad and they didn't properly think the storyline through...

Why can Tyrial become human?
Why did leah get no mention at all after dying?
etc. etc. etc.

They didn't give their characters any sort of respect and just decided to have a large story for the sake of a large story.

D2's story may have been tacked on but it was still 10000 times better than D3's.
Reply Quote
Cain is dead, end of story. And since his body was burnt there isn't anything to create a zombie out of, but you might get away with creating some kind of creepy ash elemental thing I guess.

The reason why we were able to ressurect Kulle is because he had replaced his blood with the sands of time which, I am guessing, prevented time from effecting his body meaning that he effectively couldn't be killed because his actual life source was outside time and his body was preserved in a single state throughout time but not space thus allowing it to exist in multiple pieces in multiple spaces as if it were in a single space in a single moment of time.

By reattaching Kulle's soul to his head (treating his head as a soul stone) and then using the blood to reattach and reanimate all the pieces that had been shifted outside of time Leah was able to reassemble Kulle like a Frankensteinian monster.

There is also the difference that Kulle had awakened as a Nephelem and thus died as a Nephelem with a much heartier and stronger soul whereas Cain died with a human's soul.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:01 AMPosted by thatguywil
Deckard Cain should go all Ben Kenobi, with prophecies from beyond the grave!

Nah, he should come back Gandalf style.

Returns as "Deckard Cain, the Final Horadrim"
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:01 AMPosted by thatguywil
Deckard Cain should go all Ben Kenobi, with prophecies from beyond the grave!

Nah, he should come back Gandalf style.

He'll stand up straight, have white hair, and ride a white horse?
Reply Quote
Bottom line, do not underestimate a Horadrim, especially the last Horadrim.
For all I know Cain could be the Chuck Norris of Diablo universe.

We don't know if Deckard Cain and Leah was indeed the last Horadrim's....There is one un-accounted for.

The Horadrim Acolyte Nor Tiraj (http://www.diablowiki.net/Nor_Tiraj) His fate is unknown, and there are no info of him, past the burial of the prime evils, led by Tal Rasha.

Sorrowfully, we made our way back into the sunlight and watched as Tyrael closed the tomb's giant doors forever. The last sound to escape the cold tomb was a tormented scream not born of this world. I pray that Tal Rasha's sacrifice was not in vain. I pray that the evil buried under the desert sands remains bound until men forget that there ever were evils that walked among them.

The whole journal;

http://www.diablowiki.net/Nor_Tiraj%27s_Journal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]