Diablo® III

Upcoming Change to Trail of Cinders

I wish great harm to come to whomever decided to nerf this.
Reply Quote
stopped playing a month before 1.04 or what ever, was bored with my DH. After 1.04 i was having crazy fun, Guess its time to stop playing agian. Good Job Blizz
Reply Quote
Of course the dmgs must be nerfed .. since there's no more skill trees, overall defense and dmgs bursts make skills difficult to balance .. blizzard should rather provide synergistic inter-runnics buffs and debuffs .. pretty much like arcane torrent - disruption. It's obvious.
Edited by redstone#2234 on 8/31/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does nobody find it strange that every time DH come up with a fun and interesting way to play their class, it's pretty much nerfed into the ground?

How come there isn't more of a fuss being made about this and WW Barbs remaining as strong as they are (even getting buffed in the last patch)?

Fun and interesting? You mean forever smoke screen, making you invincible forever with no gear needed (You can be almost SS'd the whole fight now, but with gear),

or nether tenticles that was ticking 3 times instead of once like it's suppose to (It's suppose to have the utility of lifesteal, having both more damage than ball lightning and lifesteal made it a must).

And now a disciplined skill out damaging most of the hatred using and building skills (They clearly explain why a discipline skill shouldn't be stronger than one that uses the offensive resource)

This is most likely a bug, that they noticed before the patch, and left it in to please everyone, however players found ways to make it nearly a must skill that did far more damage than they hoped for.

Maybe They could of tested it better, yes, but this was a large patch, and they are still working on new content patches, 1.1 pvp patch , AND having some expansion planning and systems to work with.

While I may not agree with HOW they are explaining why this nerf is happening, I fully understand WHY, and this is the correct decision.

Now they need to buff a normal, non-CM wizard some, some heavy spenders for WD (like haunt and stuff), non WW barb, monk still needs some spender buffs, and DH's are close to the most balanced, but no one plays DH as much because they don't have an amazing broken build.

A bug with its own patch note entry. That's one hell of a bug there kiddo.

To put this into perspective, my husband dinged 60 last weekend on his WW Barb. With $15 million worth of gear, he's currently in Act 3 Inferno farming double elite packs, 10 mobs. At once.

Do you understand that DH are mad because our skills get REPEATEDLY nerfed into the ground. We have. no. defense. None. Nada. Zip. We NEED to do damage. Our trade off is that we do a lot of damage, and if a mob breathes in our general direction, we die. So they're nerfing a skill that FORCES us to get close to mobs to use effectively, and if we don't use it properly, we die. How is this skill a problem and WW Barbs aren't?
Reply Quote
Anyone thinking this is some big conspiracy needs to think again.

Do you honestly believe Blizzard is too scared to say when they're nerfing you as opposed to when they are just fixing a bug? Considering how many times they've announced nerfs as hotfixes plenty of times, I highly doubt they're afraid of the vocal minority sweating their nuts off.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Ploxer
Fun and interesting? You mean forever smoke screen, making you invincible forever with no gear needed (You can be almost SS'd the whole fight now, but with gear),

Considering you don't play a DH I doubt you are making an informed judgement.

SS the whole fight? Please. SS cost 14 discipline and lasts 1 second (1.5 with the Lingering Fog rune). Discipline regenerate at 1 per second (unless you have legacy nat set, which not every DH has). With a base pool for 30 discipline, please explain how SS can be kept up forever?
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 04:54 PMPosted by ImSpartacus
Yet whirlwind batbs will never be touched...

Lol someone run over and tell Jay about this.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Lylirra
So the bug is that it's doing more damage per second that as intended? Why don't you jut fix it and leave it at 1500% over 3 seconds? What's the point of bringing it down to 300%?

It was never intended to deal 1500% weapon damage over 3 seconds (that's the bug). The actual value we designed for Trail of Cinders in 1.0.4 was 300% weapon damage over 3 seconds.

Never intended yet that's what it said in the patch notes and the tooltip. If the patch notes and tooltip read "300% over 3 seconds" and it dealt 1500 instead of 300, now that's a bug.

If the "actual value" was meant to be 300%, why does it say 1500% right now?
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Lylirra
So the bug is that it's doing more damage per second that as intended? Why don't you jut fix it and leave it at 1500% over 3 seconds? What's the point of bringing it down to 300%?

It was never intended to deal 1500% weapon damage over 3 seconds (that's the bug). The actual value we designed for Trail of Cinders in 1.0.4 was 300% weapon damage over 3 seconds.

whoa, whoa, whoa! you mean the patch notes you released were a lie?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7029347/7029347#classes
this clearly states 1500%. that means if you didnt intend for it to be 1500% then it was completely untested AND no one checked the patch notes either.

do you have no quality control division? no testers? why the heck are you lieing to us?
Reply Quote
rofl... you post in the blog about how you WANT people to feel powerful and are buffing this skill like crazy... then you take it back because people are having fun.

unreal. Y'all need to change your corporate logo to:

Blizzard, The Fun Czars. Nerfing fun since 1.03.
Reply Quote
So now my fun DH build is ruined. I can say it was slightly too good to be true, although the fact that DH puts him/herself at close proximity to mobs to actually use it kind of evens out the benefit.

Any changes to barbarians? I might reroll one.
Reply Quote
Hi I own a DH.

Recently, I took a break from D3, cus I was still disappointed by the lackluster drops. I definitely had a lot fun with ToC, but I didn't think it was too OP. If the DH got caught at a bad angle or ran out of discipline, he still gets slaughtered by the elites. Anyways, I just wanted to point out that in your OWN WRITTEN patch notes, you guys wrote:

"Skill Rune - Trail of Cinders
Now leaves a trail of fire behind the player dealing 1500% weapon damage over 3 seconds"

What a silly department/company. Oh well, I think most people are getting bored of 1.04 already anyways. Most of my friends who played casually (and who I convinced to play when the game launched) never even came back for 1.04. The only people who came back for 1.04 are the hardcore gamers and honestly just to make a few quick bucks (since the game itself isn't that fun). You might nerf DH now, but I foresee even more buffing and more new, stronger items to motivate (or bribe) the players to come back in the near future. Unfortunately, each time, fewer and fewer players will return. ("Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.") Keep it up Blizz!
Edited by Ascension#1152 on 8/31/2012 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by Lylirra

Never intended yet that's what it said in the patch notes and the tooltip. If the patch notes and tooltip read "300% over 3 seconds" and it dealt 1500 instead of 300, now that's a bug.

If the "actual value" was meant to be 300%, why does it say 1500% right now?
Reply Quote
Only reason people are using ToC now is because it isn't crap. Prior to the last patch it was a steaming heap, after this it will again be useless. First it was Jagged Spikes, now ToC, every single interesting way to play a DH is going out the window for no given reason at all. If something procs too much you reduce the proc rate for that effect, you don't just nerfs the proc rate for everything into the floor. Grenades are hard enough to use as it is due to the !@#$ty physics mechanics on them, now it is next to impossible to use the effectively. Revert some of the terrible "balancing" decisions that have been made for DHs over the last patch if you are going to undo the only interesting way to play them now.
Reply Quote
Why does every patch have an obligatory DH nerf? Please fire the genius behind this.
Reply Quote
Yet whirlwind barbs will never be touched...

Maybe cause most of the higher authorities are playing barb... hmmmm, what's his name again...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
whoa, whoa, whoa! you mean the patch notes you released were a lie?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7029347/7029347#classes
this clearly states 1500%. that means if you didnt intend for it to be 1500% then it was completely untested AND no one checked the patch notes either.

do you have no quality control division? no testers? why the heck are you lieing to us?

The note was written based on incorrect information, yes (which due to the fact that we missed this issue during testing). We've already identified why we missed this issue originally and have improved our processes so that the same issue won't happen again -- both for in terms of testing changes and confirming information put into the patch notes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]