Diablo® III

Upcoming Change to Trail of Cinders

09/13/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Elember
I was having a bit of trouble killing Diablo at the end of my DH Nightmare run and as soon as I unlocked ToC it was a real easy kill... so yeah it needs to be fixed.

What tha what? So you're saying you'd rather deth zerg and pay massive repair bills?
Reply Quote
Hi Blizz

You probably wont even read this as it will be posted on page 93(!!) of this thread but here it goes anyways:

I actually quit D3 about a month ago. I love the DH and in D1 I played Rogue (also ranged) and in D2 I played Amazon. I love ranged classes that do a lot of damage, but only needs a soft prod by a wet stick to die. It is a constant rush to now that a single mistake can kill you. Anyways, the DH could'nt do that. He/she could not do enough damage to make it viable without spending a metric ton of gold on the AH and, for a semi-casual like me, that was not feasible. So therfore I stopped playing.

But then I heard about ToC. I gleefully clapped my hands and went back to the franchise that I love so much. Lo and behold, there was my rush. I do a lot of damage, but even the tiniest mook with sharp mars bar can kill the everloving (insert dirty word here) out of me.

I dont have the best gear (by far, it actually quite sucks) but I can stil manage without dying every 5 minutes. It actually feels like the ultimate glass-cannon to me. And yes I do realise that people out there with gear that can make a god cry will be a "tad" overpowered with ToC as it is. But here's the thing. This is not an MMO (oh great, that argument again). This is a game I play by myself, or with a couple of friends. There isn't even a PvP option. I really dont care that some guy or girl out there who has played 10.000.000 more hours than me can find 198.2 Legendaries a day and make a Gazillion gold on the AH now that he can clear act 3 Inferno in 10.9 seconds flat. I'm having fun, and that is all that matters to me.

One of my good friends that I play with saw the new and improved ToC, and having played a lot of WoW, naturally said "IMBA!". I simply said "Ok. Lets duel then". See my point? How can something be imba if we cant even fight eachother and then get rewards based on that?

With all that being said (and it is a lot I know) I do think a nerf is in order. But not to 300% over 3 seconds. I dont know how low you should go, but a nerf that bad would make it another skill in the DH arsenal that I will send to the corner where it can think about the bad thing it just said. considering that PvP will be launched at some point I can see why a Nerf is required, but we dont even have a date yet for that as far as I know). untill then let me and my fellow DH's have our fun. We are not ruining everyone elses game by having fun. We are just having fun.

That is all. Thanks for reading.
-Fr33ze
Reply Quote
1.04 we buffed every class. 1.05 we are now taking away your buffs? so why not just put 1.03 back in and call it a fking day ?
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Lylirra
(after all, if you’re incentivized to spend all your Discipline doing damage, it won’t be available when you need it to keep yourself alive with skills like Smoke Screen or Shadow Power).

Ultimately, we want to continue to provide players with more build options and ways to feel creative with their skill/gear selections, but not at the expense of going against our design goals or creating situations which can encourage players to limit themselves defensively.

I laughed. Your are slapping yourself.

We also know that players are having fun using Trail of Cinders in their builds,

Which is not allowed in this game???
Edited by RGUN#1688 on 9/14/2012 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In patch 1.0.5, we will be fixing a bug with Trail of Cinders that is causing the rune to deal five times more damage than intended. As a result of this fix, the amount of damage done by Trail of Cinders will be reduced from its current value (1500% weapon damage over 3 seconds) to the value we originally designed for 1.0.4, which is 300% weapon damage over 3 seconds.

So much beating about the bush. Just say its a nerf.
No need to make it sound like you are fixing something.

Ultimately, we want to continue to provide players with more build options and ways to feel creative with their skill/gear selections, but not at the expense of going against our design goals or creating situations which can encourage players to limit themselves defensively.

Discipline-based skills were never intended to trump Hatred-based skills when it comes to dealing damage. Instead, Discipline was designed to be something you build up and save to use defensively, or to provide utility in addition to dealing damage.

Oh cruel contradictions.
Where are the viable builds?
Reply Quote
Omfg....the rune is not at all overpowered as it is now... it works fine imo.. you continue destroying the dh blizzard...first attackspeed.. now this... !@#$ this game seriously.
Reply Quote
(after all, if you’re incentivized to spend all your Discipline doing damage, it won’t be available when you need it to keep yourself alive with skills like Smoke Screen or Shadow Power).

I laughed.

We also know that players are having fun using Trail of Cinders in their builds,

Which is not allowed in this game???

Yeah who's is the developer making these changes?

Build diversity =/= continuously enforcing arbitrary rules onto the classes (especially for a game that's supposed to be about build diversity; Jay Wilson himself said it) .
Edited by Bread#1353 on 9/14/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
TOC is true to the glass cannon DH build, you still get owned once you stop, or fly through a mob with some sort of elemental damage, its not like you are invincible and its not like you don't stop at some point. The reason TOC is overpowered is because the person using it is already overpowered. I'm enjoying the hell out of TOC, but it doesn't do uber damage or even anything terribly useful with my gear in Inferno. It does allow me to get a bit closer to the action, as I can vault into a group of enemies and vault away.... That's okay I guess, I'll just sit off the screen spamming arrows that do 1/10 the damage of any other classes hit and let the barbs do all the killing.

TOC was the one skill that made the DH active instead of passive. If I wanted to sit back and do nothing, I'd play a summonmancer, oh wait, those doesn't exist either.
Reply Quote
I want to see vids from Blizzard explaining how every class "should" be played. Obviously there are ways that are forbidden! (Melee wiz nerf, melee dh nerf, ToC nerf etcetc)
Reply Quote
OMG Why u do this Blizz !!! Plzz Dont nerf ToC
Reply Quote
SmokeScreen
Nether Tentacle
trail of cinders

I see a patern
Reply Quote
Im confused, "We know people are having fun with TOC" so why are u nerfing it? i thought this was a game.. not a job..

"We want to continue to have people build their toons with different type of play styles"

again why are u limiting my playstyle then?

"We want people to play our game the way we want you to play it"

ITS NOT LIKE WE ARE CHEATING!!!
Edited by c0d3x5#1369 on 9/14/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
blizzard needs to go take a longgggggggggg smoke break and leave the game alone for a while
Reply Quote
Please fix the drop rates.

Identifying 1000 rare items:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573157712

Thanks.
Reply Quote
you keep changing things we all like and need for our demon hunter its already bad enough we get one hit killed in act 4
Reply Quote
The problem in Blizzard's eyes is that trail of cinders allows you to farm faster and in harder difficulties without having excellent gear. Go buy some better gear, that's what they want from you. That's what they want from every class in 1.05. At least they gave us time to find nice gear using the broken trail of cinders. It is unfortunate that 300% is too low to be very useful...
Edited by DeadDragon#1455 on 9/15/2012 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why does blizzard have to nerf every characters especially demon hunters!!!!!!!!!!! Then they leave barbarians alone?!!!!!!!!
How did this become GAME BALANCING?
Most of the offensive skill of demon hunters are no good for acts 3 and 4 for inferno and only trail of cinders does the damage i need to kill elites in acts 3 and 4...and now they're gonna cut down its power by 80%!!!! What GiveS???? U already nerfed the demon hunter nether tentacles and the attack speed and now this?

Im sorry, i usually don't give comments like this but i have to voice out my opinion and say:

BLIZZARD DIABLO DEVS, IF YOU KEEP NERFING THE GAMES LIKE THIS PEOPLE WILL STOP PLAYING YOUR GAMES! i ALREADY HAVE 7 FRIENDS WHO STOPPED PLAYING DIABLO 3 BECAUSE THEY ARE ANNOYED WITH YOUR NERFS WITH THE GOOD BUILDS..iT'S NOT FOR YOU TO TELL US PLAYERS WHAT IS THE FUN WAY TO PLAY A GAME... OH, A WORD OF ADVICE, MAYBE U SHOULD NERF THE DEMON HUNTERS TO DEAL 99% LESS DAMAGE...THAT SURE WOULD BE FUN....
Reply Quote
Every point that was tried to be made by blizzard is bs, and unvalidated... every defensive skill i use cost way too much discp anyhow.. being chased down by teleporting elites, and im suppose to be able to vault , use gloom, and kill my elite pack with merly 140k dps? im confused.. while wirl wind barb over here with 30k just spins right on through.. go fk ur self blizz. by the way im not buying anything from RHMA ever... so i guess im not a good customer for u.. guess 60 dollars for the game wasnt enough, and since we dont pay montlys i guess u have to come up with some way to make money off ur players.. what a grimy way to do business. but what ever.. your game ur company..
Edited by c0d3x5#1369 on 9/15/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am a DH that farms act 3 Inferno. With 47k vit, and 610 resists, I can tank all elites while Shadow power is active. I never die when using ToC. It's so overpowered. What I do against mobs or elites, is I first turn on Shadow power. Then I ToC the pack. Then I cast Cluster Bomb 3 times on the elites. If I play solo I can usually 1-2 hit most elites this way. With 95k DPS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]